FFFC

13»

Re: FFFC

• ceamac0127ceamac0127 member
    edited February 2014
    Kate_C said:
    **EDITED**

::buzzer noise::

Sorry friends, keep the identifying facebook links off the main board.
    I'm obsessed with you now, you are amazing.

ETA: I'm obsessed because your detective skills are off the charts
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ok, I just checked out the link.  The pictures are of the woman we know as Smiles and her son, but he looks like a 10-11 month old when the pictures were taken (October 2013). 

Wow....... 

• Loading the player...
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    edited February 2014
    Kate_C said:
    **EDITED**

I'm obsessed with you now, you are amazing.
    Shit.  I hope you're talking about the subject of the pictures and not me.  Creeper skill backfire!!!
  • Jenn5412 said:

Ok, I just checked out the link.  The pictures are of the woman we know as Smiles and her son, but he looks like a 10-11 month old when the pictures were taken (October 2013). 

Wow....... 

THIS!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Jenn5412 said:

Ok, I just checked out the link.  The pictures are of the woman we know as Smiles and her son, but he looks like a 10-11 month old when the pictures were taken (October 2013). 

Wow....... 

Holy Shit! Kate your the atty right? How did u find this???? We were Catfished!!!

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• I swore I wasn't going to get involved in this.
    If you look at those pictures, one of the people that "liked" it is smiles.  If you go to her actual FB page, there are current pictures there of her and her child, where he is clearly a few months older than the pictures posted on this photographers website.

So I'm not sure what we're all speculating about???

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • JSS1002 said:
    I swore I wasn't going to get involved in this.
    If you look at those pictures, one of the people that "liked" it is smiles.  If you go to her actual FB page, there are current pictures there of her and her child, where he is clearly a few months older than the pictures posted on this photographers website.

Yeah, I just looked again. He for sure looks a lot bigger and older now than in those professional pics. Must be a big boy.

• Kate_C said:
    **EDITED**

Sorry bump gods. My bad. 
  • Okay so after my investigating aka FB stalking it looks like she is a twin or has a sister who looks almost like her that has a baby too. Maybe that's her sis in the professional pic

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• kgs0505 said:
    tondraluv said:

I also confess that my grandma brought a pie over last night. I'm about to go Beast Mode & have a slice for breakfast.
    Pie for breakfast is mandatory in my house if there is pie to be had.  Best time to have pie IMO :)
    Now I want pie.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Kate_C said:
    PMs disbursed.

Verrrrry interesting.
    What!?!?!? You can't do that!!!! Now you have to post it on here. New rule I just made up!
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Can someone please fill me in or PM ME!!! I get off work in 15 min and need something to pass time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh and my confession is that I feel like I started the whole thing with smiles. I mentioned the girl on Facebook which then led to the comment about smiles. If I would have never said anything, smiles would still be around!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Grace0609 said:
    knitfaced said:
    JSS1002 said:

Yeah, I just looked again. He for sure looks a lot bigger and older now than in those professional pics. Must be a big boy.

I feel like it just shows she is a real person? A lot of us had babies that looked that big around Halloween. I do think she may have made up a few details and edited a few photos because I think she may have some serious self esteem issues but I don't think she did it to be an internet creeper. But maybe I just try to find the good in most people.
    On her actual FB page, ALL of her pictures of her and her kid look exactly like what she's posted on our page. My son looked a lot older than 6 months at 6months.. he's big and he teethed and started smiling very early.  

I barely even know this girl so I don't know why I am so hell bent on defending her, I just think it is super weird that everybody ganged up on her for no apparent reason.  WHo cares if she edits her photos? Do I think it is a little weird?  Yes, but we all do things that others thing is weird. Do I think it is weird that if she DOES edit them, she immediately claimed not to?  Yes.  But seriously, WHO CARES?
    It is not about photoshop.
    Well, a little more detective work will take you to her and her fiance's baby registry, and you can learn both of their names, and look at both their facebook pages, and see pictures of each of them individually with that cute baby in their arms - and family pictures of them together.  And then you can google her fiance and find out that he is a podiatrist / orthopedic surgeon in FL just like she said he is.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Oh my gosh this is all just funny.

• arschm02 said:
    FFFC: I may have finished 3/4 bag of Dove sea salt and caramel chocolates since I got home from work at 3:00. Also, I plan on getting chocolate wasted tonight. Starting with an oversized strawberry margarita on the rocks. I've had a very rough week and although I'll probably go to bed being 29 I will wake up tomorrow being 30. Here's to not actually having a 30th birthday!

Wait I'm not letting you get away with not celebrating your 30th birthday. HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY @arschm02.

Very happy early birthday!  30 was an awesome year for me!!  Welcome!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • arschm02 said:
    Omg you MN detectives freak me out. :) I'm moving to an Amish community.
    This is what happens during the worst winter in 30 years. Hahhaa.  No really though, I internet dated so early and for so long that I basically learned how to internet stalk the shit out of anybody.  
    It is scarily easy to find information out about people with just a tiny bit of info.  

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • JSS1002 said:

Grace0609 said:

JSS1002 said:

knitfaced said:

Erin10408 said:

JSS1002 said:

I feel like it just shows she is a real person? A lot of us had babies that looked that big around Halloween. I do think she may have made up a few details and edited a few photos because I think she may have some serious self esteem issues but I don't think she did it to be an internet creeper. But maybe I just try to find the good in most people.

On her actual FB page, ALL of her pictures of her and her kid look exactly like what she's posted on our page. My son looked a lot older than 6 months at 6months.. he's big and he teethed and started smiling very early.  

I barely even know this girl so I don't know why I am so hell bent on defending her, I just think it is super weird that everybody ganged up on her for no apparent reason.  WHo cares if she edits her photos? Do I think it is a little weird?  Yes, but we all do things that others thing is weird. Do I think it is weird that if she DOES edit them, she immediately claimed not to?  Yes.  But seriously, WHO CARES?
    It is not about photoshop.

Well, a little more detective work will take you to her and her fiance's baby registry, and you can learn both of their names, and look at both their facebook pages, and see pictures of each of them individually with that cute baby in their arms - and family pictures of them together.  And then you can google her fiance and find out that he is a podiatrist / orthopedic surgeon in FL just like she said he is.

Okay @JSS1002 now I'm just as obsessed with you. We have some legit MacGyvers on this board. You can't get away with anything!!
  • Man, y'all gave me some hella good reading material!!!! @JSS1002 you're the bomb =D> ! @archsm02 Happy Early Birthday!!!!!!

• KrisM86 said:
    Oh my gosh this is all just funny.
    Wasn't there an identity scandal on the October 11 board too?  The veterinarian or something? I only lurked over there when pregnant with my son/after.  Some of those ladies intimidated me.  
  • Kate_C said:

KrisM86 said:

Wasn't there an identity scandal on the October 11 board too?  The veterinarian or something? I only lurked over there when pregnant with my son/after.  Some of those ladies intimidated me.  

Oh ha yes! There was! A few ladies did some research and she is not a vet but claimed to be the entire time we were on the board together. She's a real person (a few people met her at a GTG) but totally different job. The thing that really pissed everyone off is that she have out vet advice all the time!

@Kate_C - I didn't realize you were a fellow Oct 11 mom! Some people definitely were intense. ;)

• Ok, I just checked out the link.  The pictures are of the woman we know as Smiles and her son, but he looks like a 10-11 month old when the pictures were taken (October 2013). 

Wow....... 

Holy Shit! Kate your the atty right? How did u find this???? We were Catfished!!!
    I wanna see these pics. Someone PM me!!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• KrisM86 said:
    KrisM86 said:
    Oh ha yes! There was! A few ladies did some research and she is not a vet but claimed to be the entire time we were on the board together. She's a real person (a few people met her at a GTG) but totally different job. The thing that really pissed everyone off is that she have out vet advice all the time! @Kate_C - I didn't realize you were a fellow Oct 11 mom! Some people definitely were intense. ;)
    ...hangs head in shame... I was a dirty lurker on Oct. 11.  But my kid was born in Oct. 11, so I'm a legit creeper. 
  • Not sure if this is a confession, but I feel like I should put on my flame-retardant suit anyway.

I haven't gotten involved with the
    smiles stuff, but I feel like at this point there's something about it
    that really bugs me and I want to get it off my chest.

If she is
    indeed a real woman who is dealing with a teething 10/11 month old
    while recovering from her 6th major abdominal surgery, living off a
    feeding tube and trying to plan a wedding, and all the while being
    nothing but positive and supportive to everyone she interacts with on
    the board - then the collective 'we' are a real bunch of assholes -
    regardless of whether she edited her photos or not.

Personally,
    I'd rather be 'catfished' than make that woman's day any harder. If
    there is a real woman reading all of this, then it's just starting to
    feel a little bully-esque and it just doesn't sit well with me. I know
    this is the internet and I don't really 'know' most of you, but this board
    feels like a community - one that I like checking in on everyday. One in
    which I felt comfortable enough to join the FB group and participate in
    the gift exchange. I'm glad this board isn't a snarky sassfest and that,
    for the most part, we're a pretty awesome and supportive group of
    women.

I also know that people shouldn't be affected by what
    'internet strangers' say about them, but I guess I'm just naive or
    overly sensitive, because if this was all happening to me, I'd be
    embarrassed and hurt. I have an entire life outside the board -
    obviously, we all do - but I don't have a group of 30-50 women who are
    roughly my age who all gave birth in the same month I did. That's
    something really unique that I feel lucky to be a part of.

I
    know that no one has had any malicious intentions with all of this and I
    thought the whole issue was dead a few days ago, but with the new stuff
    in FFFC, I just wanted to throw my long-winded ten-million cents in.

Thank you, that has been my point all along and why I wa irritated from day one that somebody would even call her out on something so stupid in the first place. She's never been anything but nice to everybody on this board.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• JSS1002 said:

Not sure if this is a confession, but I feel like I should put on my flame-retardant suit anyway.

If she is

Personally,
    women.

I

Thank you, that has been my point all along and why I wa irritated from day one that somebody would even call her out on something so stupid in the first place. She's never been anything but nice to everybody on this board.

Yep.  And I dont care if people think Im a unicorn that farts rainbows.

Neither do I. Call me crazy but I'm not the type who takes any sort if joy out of being a bitch or hurting people, and that's definitely not what I want out of this board. If I wanted that, I'd go hang out elsewhere.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • JSS1002 said
    Neither do I. Call me crazy but I'm not the type who takes any sort if joy out of being a bitch or hurting people, and that's definitely not what I want out of this board. If I wanted that, I'd go hang out elsewhere.
    Liiiiiiike.... Your new BMB that you're avoiding like the plague? Bahaha.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016

• JSS1002 said

Liiiiiiike.... Your new BMB that you're avoiding like the plague? Bahaha.

Ha yes where I made the mistake of asking a question today and was reminded why I don't hang there.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Not sure if this is a confession, but I feel like I should put on my flame-retardant suit anyway.

If she is

Personally,
    women.

I

I'm glad you did! I have been on both sides since this all started. I did have weird feelings about her but I also didn't understand what the huge deal was about it. But you have won me over. From here on out, I will keep my mouth shut on this issue - no matter which side.

• Kate_C said:
    Kate_C said:
    **EDITED**

Sorry bump gods. My bad. 
    @Kate_C - It was me. No worries, just keep an eye on what you're posting. :)

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"