June 2013 Moms

Placenta encapsulation

I know our babies are 8-12 months old but I was just curious. How many of you had our placenta encapsulated? Those that did did you have a good experience with it? Any issues? Would you do it again?
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Placenta encapsulation

• I didn't, but want to next time.

• I'm starting to work with the woman who encapsulated my placenta and I'm going to start processing them in my area. I was just curious of other people's experiences because I had such a positive one.

My only regret with my placenta is that I didn't know to ask for a placenta print. My Doula had the woman who encapsulated my placenta give her the okay to offer me encapsulation at half off because my labor was so long and drawn out and she really thought I would benefit from it. Money was the thing keeping me from getting it done initially so I decided 12 hours into labor to get it done. I didn't know to ask for a print and now I'm jealous of everyone elses. But the pills are so valuable and I'm so glad that I got them. And she dried my cord into the shape of a heart which I love.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I did it. I fully acknowledge there is no science (yet) really supporting it. I don't know if there is any causation, but I did not have PPD. I did however have supply issues. Also, I have a tincture.

• I had it done. I didn't have any supply issues but had major PPD. If we have another one I wouldn't do  encapsulation again. 
  • I did it. It was my first so I don't know if there was any real benefit. I think I would do it again anyway because I had no postpartum issues. I would save more pills for when I return to work. That's when I had the hardest time.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • GraceInCA said:

I did it. I fully acknowledge there is no science (yet) really supporting it. I don't know if there is any causation, but I did not have PPD. I did however have supply issues. Also, I have a tincture.

This is me exactly as well.

photo bffbc5ae-9d71-4881-9c49-419ebb53d956_zps9ce18766.jpg BabyFruit Ticker
  • I admit that while pregnant, I was one of those people who thought it was weird and just the thought of it turned my stomach. After experiencing PPD, I would be willing to try anything that could potentially help. That being said, it still makes my stomach turn and I don't know if I could get over the "OMG I'm eating my placenta" thing.

Benjamin Eric. Born 5.17.13

6 lbs, 10 oz. 19 inches. 36 weeks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"