July 2012 Moms
Options

FC

My dogs woke me up early today so we might as well get this started.

Let's hear your confessions laides!

And happy Friday!!!

Re: FC

• Options
    I guess I might as well start.

Here's one for the great pacifier debate. Ava still sleeps with her frog wubbanub "Boba" ( yes named after a Star Wars character). Well actually she has an elephant too that she also refers to as boba. Ever since she was sick the last couple months she carries them around everywhere just to play with them. But she needs them at night to fall asleep.

We were at buy buy baby the other day and they had a huge display of wubbanubs and she rushed to them and in awe said "boba's!!". It was cute and hilarious. We let her pick a new one and bought it. Yes we bought another frickin wubbanub for our 19 month old. I plan to cut the pacifiers off the end of them eventually and I'm hoping she will still love cuddling the stuffed animals.

Go ahead, flame away.
  • Options

I love McRibs. There, I said it! The only time I go to McDonalds is when their McRib " comes back". I only go once, but man. It brings back memories!

I've never tried the McRib. I do love the shamrock shakes though! I actually made one yesterday but it's a really healthy version and tasted pretty much the same.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @steelermama86 Dagny has a lovie and she takes it with her all over the house, in the car and into stores. I don't feel the need to fight her about it. Although I should probably work this summer on leaving it at home since she starts preschool in the fall....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @ bellaxanthe she will have so much fun! One of my mommy friends started her little girl at 18 months & she has so much fun at classes! She's not too young at all and she will learn so much! If Dagny wasn't in Gymboree I would sign her up for gymnastics in a heartbeat.

• Options

mightybee said:
    @steelermama86 I've been counting the minutes til bedtime more days than not this week and my H isn't even out of town. Just been one of those weeks! Does your H get back soon?

Yes, he will be back tomorrow evening.  He travels often, but when he is out of the country it seems much harder.  I like knowing I can pick the phone up and call whenever I want.  He is home a week then will be traveling again. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My FC is that I was obsessively stalking some message boards yesterday because of all the madness that went down...and chose not to comment much because I wanted to see the drama unfold.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Options
    mom2JBMS said:
    jfresh said:
    My FC is that I was obsessively stalking some message boards yesterday because of all the madness that went down...and chose not to comment much because I wanted to see the drama unfold.
    Vague bumping. ETA- spill the deets!
    I think she is talking about this https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:_TxSVczWjIMJ:forums.thebump.com/discussion/12274359/fare-thee-well+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us hope that works. I was up last night reading some of it. There seems to be a big feud between N13 and Parenting.

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12274417/i-m-really-trying-to-just-let-it-go-because-it-s-old-news/p1 

Basically there is a chick on N13 that for whatever reason doesn't like me and she did a "call out" post towards me that got her banned. She was mad because I posted on Parenting (which i have done before and I lurk that board a lot) and "warned" me she wouldnt give me any "love its"  (which she doesn't anyways) and basically told me she was "watching me" to make sure i dont bash anyone from that board.

She got flagged big time by a whole bunch of people.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Meow84 said:

Kiera starts gymnastics tomorrow too. I'm excited! I know it'll just be play time but I love taking her to stuff like that and watching her interact with other kids.

@meow84 where are you taking her? Is there someplace in Antioch? I want to sign Ava up for gymnastics too and have just started looking around for places.
  • Options
    jfresh said:
    Haha ok Tavia I know what you're talking about. What a freaking mess. When I saw the thread on N14 all I could think about was when we posted a VERY helpful thread on J13 and they got pissy about it. The thread N13 posted had a very different tone and I totally get why hilarity called them out. The dramz that sprang from it though, dang.
    My whole thing is that chick for whatever reason likes to twist around what I say, but that call out was way unnecessary. She is banned now though, but it is what it is. It is a shame people get to that point over the internet.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    jfresh said:
    @taviabrad I saw the cache of the original callout, yeah it was absolutely ridiculous. Totally unprovoked from your end and went over the line.
    Well I had just gotten back from the store and my notifications were at like 14. by the time i saw the thread it had JUST been deleted. So I asked what was going on and someone had the screenshot from their phone and PMed it to me. Sheer madness.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    jfresh said:
    Haha ok Tavia I know what you're talking about. What a freaking mess. When I saw the thread on N14 all I could think about was when we posted a VERY helpful thread on J13 and they got pissy about it. The thread N13 posted had a very different tone and I totally get why hilarity called them out. The dramz that sprang from it though, dang.

I thought of the July 12/13 thread too.    I thought ours was waaay less obnoxious than THe N13 one and J13 hated it just as much.  
  • Options

mightybee said:
    @steelermama86 I've been counting the minutes til bedtime more days than not this week and my H isn't even out of town. Just been one of those weeks! Does your H get back soon?

Yes, he will be back tomorrow evening.  He travels often, but when he is out of the country it seems much harder.  I like knowing I can pick the phone up and call whenever I want.  He is home a week then will be traveling again. 

@steelermama86 looks like our DHs on the same travel schedule, LOL. My DH is OOT all this week and then leaving to Europe on March 9 for another 9 days.   I am surviving, but barely...
    :( =(( 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

@steelermama86 looks like our DHs on the same travel schedule, LOL. My DH is OOT all this week and then leaving to Europe on March 9 for another 9 days.   I am surviving, but barely...
    :( =(( 

I hope time goes fast for you!  My husband has been OOT  2 weeks out of the month for the last year.  It really is hard on my daughter and she is acting out because of it.  It breaks my heart because when he is home she asks, "daddy are you staying at my house?"  I usually can deal with the traveling when he is in the states as we can talk on a regular basis.  When he goes out of the  country we have to talk through fb and skype.  Not too much fun, but greatful we have those options.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm so exhausted with TTC and just defeated...so much so that I may or may not have done a headstand after dtd. I feel as if I'm just that desperate at this point lol (I know that it's just a myth to do a headstand but I did it anyways)
    This is may be another myth - but it is worth to try - all my kids were conceived during the day, not at night...

• Options
    I signed us up for swim lessons this month. They start tomorrow. Then it dawned on me at the last minute, holy crap I have to wear a bathing suit in front of people!! Eep! I was thanking my lucky stars they had one last pair of large swim shorts at Target. I'm that mom. At least Emery is too young to be super embarrassed by me :::hangs head in shame::::

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options
    Oh oh and I have to take her with me to get my hair done tomorrow. I'm side eyeing myself. I have always firmly believed the salon is not a place for children. But I'm desperate and have no other options. :::hangs head in shame again::::

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
  • Options
    @lilahbean13 this is probably a TMI but I swear what did it for me last time was that we DTD and I went straight to sleep. I didn't get up to pee or anything just staid lying. I peed and wiped down several hours later. Super gross but whatever.

• Options

Charlie and I were both sick yesterday and I sent her to DC today. I needed to get back to work, MH couldn't stay home and she was acting fine so off she went. I'm waiting to see if I get a call to go and get her now.

I'm really enjoy Lea Michele's songs that she's put out, I'm not sure if it a FC or not but it seems like it could be.

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

• Options
    I would totally be the Mom rocking an old, stretched-out bikini.  Because I am too cheap to buy anything maternity or modest (I wore a bikini to the beach a week before my due date, stretch marks and all).  I bought a tankini to wear after LO was born and I hate it; it fits weird and it's uncomfortable, so no more of that madness.  Feast on my stretch marks!

Yep, you are pretty awesome.
    Am I sensing a little sarcasm there, lady?
  • Options
    @thepinksuperhero I wish I could bottle up some of your self confidence!

• Options
    I hate my birthday. Especially when people get wind of it on fb. Thanks for the half assed thought, person I haven't spoken to in years.
    Even worse, my mom had to verify the date. I'm pretty sure you were there that day, mom.
    "Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Can I ask what sorts of things they do in baby gymnastics? It sounds great, but being that they are so active and young and do not entirely know what is going on, what exactly goes on?

imageimageimage
  • Options
    My dumb phone won't let me click on the edit post button. Anyway. Here is a link to the video or the college team from Purdue. The strength it takes to do these things amazes me. https://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/this-video-of-the-purdue-mens-gymnastics-team-will-breathe-n?s=mobile
    OMG my brother is in that video. Did I mention he's on the Purdue gymnastics team!? Lol. He's the blonde in the tank top.
    That's too funny. I don't even remember how I stumbled upon it. I am always in awe of how strong gymnasts are. The men in particular.

I do have to say what's up with the guy in the blue shorts? It seems like a film honoring him for the most part.

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

• Options
    I had to poop (heh, TMI) and Nicholas would scream if I tried to put him down, so I took him with me. I left the door open so that I could hear/talk to Em and see her when she would run past the doorway. She decided to clean her room, which included bringing everything from the bottom drawer of her dresser into the bathroom and throwing it in the floor.

Confession: I haven't cleaned it up and that was two hours ago. I forgot about it until I had to pee!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    cpasley said:
    My dumb phone won't let me click on the edit post button. Anyway. Here is a link to the video or the college team from Purdue. The strength it takes to do these things amazes me. https://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/this-video-of-the-purdue-mens-gymnastics-team-will-breathe-n?s=mobile
    OMG my brother is in that video. Did I mention he's on the Purdue gymnastics team!? Lol. He's the blonde in the tank top.
    That's too funny. I don't even remember how I stumbled upon it. I am always in awe of how strong gymnasts are. The men in particular.

I do have to say what's up with the guy in the blue shorts? It seems like a film honoring him for the most part.
    Yeah, he seemed a little over the top. I did really like the guy with the black shorts who was hanging sideways from the tree. Crazy!!

My tribute... to the guy in the blue shorts. LOL I thought they were all pretty amazing though, I'm so amazed by those that are that strong and coordinated.image

• Options
    MissMusic said:

aimee223 said:

@missmusic, I'm trying to decide if your phone is autocorrecting "My LO" or "Lillian". Either way, you should just start calling her Million. Baller status!

It makes "Lillian" into "million" and can't tell 2/two/to/too apart.  Its like my phone is one of those annoying comment writers on news articles.

=))

• Options
    Another fairly lame confession. I just trimmed N's nails but his face still looks like he was attacked by kittens. I had an aha moment and popped a pair of Em's purple and pink zebra socks on his hands.

He keeps trying to gnaw them off...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have a few.

Taylor has been eating an obscene amount of hot dogs lately. She's going through a picky stage and hot dogs are foolproof so at least she eats something. We finally switched to the all natural turkey ones but I audibly grumbled about the price.

H hasn't been getting laid much at all lately because I keep having major orgasms in my sleep (thank you hormones) which makes me not horny since I'm already pretty satisfied. I don't think he's really noticed since he's kind of down in the dumps lately anyway and not in the mood.

When I'm working and my mom or H is with Taylor at home, they inevitably call me at least once a day so I can "talk" to T on the phone. As much as I love my kid, I hate when they do this. I always have to ask idiotic questions while she babbles nonsense and eventually pushes buttons and hangs up on me.

• Options
    mightybee said:
    This morning I had to leave gymnastics class early because D was not having it. I left in a bit of a rush and left his shoes there (whoops!). I found myself more worried about how the other parents/adults were viewing me and my parenting decisions than focusing on how to best deal with D. 

I know that I'm entering a challenging stage with Dylan, but some days I just feel like I stink at this parenting gig! And he's not even 2 yet...
    You should have seen me the last time I took T to the play place in the mall. It's an enclosed space but the entrance/exit is open and T thinks it's hilarious to run out of the play area and down the mall walkway and make me chase her. After doing this 5+ times I just put both our shoes back on, tucked tail, and left.
  • Options
    nesenotes said:
    Men are like extra giant toddlers.

=D>
  • Options
    RTaylor12 said:

When I'm working and my mom or H is with Taylor at home, they inevitably call me at least once a day so I can "talk" to T on the phone. As much as I love my kid, I hate when they do this. I always have to ask idiotic questions while she babbles nonsense and eventually pushes buttons and hangs up on me.

Hubby will put Lilah on the phone with one of his friends. im like David, noone wants to hear her on the phone. thats annoying. I hate when my friends do it to me.

• Options

nesenotes said:

@jenmm both mckinkey and I agreed while it was sad that our H's didn't get to see how much fun the kids were having at Disneyland, we had a hellofa great day without them! If they were there they would not have lasted the whole day. Men are like extra giant toddlers.

Can you imagine trying to carry them limp-noodle style away from the sporting goods store or wherever!?

Wait, you don't already do this?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"