August 2014 Moms
Options

Baby furniture

DH and I decided there's no point waiting and the sooner we get sorted out the better. So we have been looking and thought well, if we see something we like, and its affordable, we'll get it. We found a lovely little sleigh crib and a compactum at the same store. My question to any STM's out there is, how handy did you find your compactum to be? The same store is selling a standard chest of drawers for a significantly lower price and I wondered if it wasn't just better to get that instead and save some cash. I've always thought of the compactum as a glorified chest of drawers anyway. Ok so it does have a door on the side of drawers, which is probably a hanging space or shelves for toiletries, but for me it's unnecessary as the room intended for nursery has a built in cupboard with shelves AND hanging space. And to be clear, no, this is not one of those compactums with a hollow for a baby bath. I'll probably just get a free standing bath with frame. 

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Baby furniture

• Options
    I have no idea what a compacted is :-/

This.

'I loved you for a thousand years and I will love you for a thousand more'

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Lol, sorry Im in South Africa and thats what we call them out here. I think it's basically like a changing table, its low, only about 4 drawers, and small door to the side of drawers. It has a flat top, where you could put a little mattress for changing baby. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Id just get the chest of drawers. Save some money!
    <{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 <a href="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Trying to Conceive">BabyFruit Ticker}>
  • Options

We also just put the changing pad on top of the dresser (as long as you get a low enough dresser and not a high chest of drawers). 

We've never missed the changing table.

However, we had a low dresser given to us from my parents.  If we had bought a tall chest of drawers, we may have bought a changing table.

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Options
    I love our changing table.  DS's chest is too tall to change on.

I was contemplating getting another changing table for the new baby but DH shot that idea down.  We also have the changing station on the pnp that we used the shit out of.

>>>---FSU--->

• Options
    We put a hamper in the side with the door. I couldn't put diapers in because I thought it would make everything stink.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    rockyrollgirlrockyrollgirl member
    edited February 2014
    I think I know what you are talking about and I have the same thing.
    I think it is great, I store diapers, wipes, the first aid kit and other things in that closet. I keep a latch on the door to keep C from getting into it. I will be using it for the second baby.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I had a changing table with my DD and with this baby I am just getting a long dresser and putting the changing pad on it.  The seperate changing table was kind of a waste.

Live the life you love/Love the life you live!

• Options
    Like this right? Except with a spot to put the changing pad into?

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

Yes, something like this. Some of the ones I have seen have a raised edge on sides and back probably to prevent changing mat/mattress from moving. I think that I have decided I may just stick with the chest of drawers. I mean how long would I be able to change baby on there before he/she gets all wriggly. Maybe I will just make due on bed with changing mat. Or the low chest of drawers with mat/matress.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Yes, something like this. Some of the ones I have seen have a raised edge on sides and back probably to prevent changing mat/mattress from moving. I think that I have decided I may just stick with the chest of drawers. I mean how long would I be able to change baby on there before he/she gets all wriggly. Maybe I will just make due on bed with changing mat. Or the low chest of drawers with mat/matress.
    Ooooooo, I wouldn't make do with the bed.  I mean, if you wanted to make do with a mat on the floor, more power to you (although I wouldn't, loved my changing table) but the first time he pees during a change, he'll either shower the bed, or if covered, pee might run off the mat onto the bed, and now you have to wash your bedding along with everything else.  No fun...
    Oh my gosh! Now you've scared me. I am a FTM but I have heard of these things happening!!! Even with girls apparently. Ok so I may just throw a mattess on top of the chest of drawers. We have found one we like, and its low enough...

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We are doing a long, low dresser with a changing pad on top. We are planning on purchasing a set that has a convertible crib that turns into a toddler bed then full size bed, so I want the dresser to be large enough for our child to use as long as he/she can use the matching bed... until college.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"