October 2013 Moms

FFFC

Re: FFFC

• dh13 said:
    Every time dd does her hysterical cry with her lip out over something silly (pulled her own paci out, took her bottle out to burp her, etc.) I can't help but giggle and think of @dh13 (I think this was her confession a while back, or I'm making it up and I'm a creep).
    It was me! The bottom lip quiver cry is hilarious!
    It's so cute but usually over something so silly. JBBB
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Ya know the "string test" ?
    Well my (ex) Co worker did it for me before my BFP. Then while I was pregnant. It was correct.
    She did it on over 10 people who were pregnant and already had babies. It always turned out to be correct.

My fffc. It said I was only going to have one son. One child.
    I know it's ridiculous but I can't get it out of my mind. DH and I want more children. I'm terrified of what is going to happen so that we can't.

#superticiousagain
    #whatthefuckiswrongwithme
    #tobelieveinthatcrap
    #laughingandflamingmyself
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • dh13 said:
    FFFC: I'm still mad that no one has used Snot Cat for their siggy ;)
    NEVER!! But I love your gif, obv. :)
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • baconface said:

Credit card churning: I have been tempted to do this, but we have awesome credit and we both love having awesome credit, and I am worried about the effect it would have.  Good to hear it didn't affect you too much, @jennlin.

The way that I saw it was "we're not buying a house or car anytime soon, our credit doesn't matter anymore. Before we started churning, we both had "perfect" credit in the high 790's. When we bought a second house, unexpectedly, 3 years later (after about 2 years of churning), our credit score came back at still over 750, which still gave us the best possible interest rate for our new house.

• elllaf said:
    Ya know the "string test" ? Well my (ex) Co worker did it for me before my BFP. Then while I was pregnant. It was correct. She did it on over 10 people who were pregnant and already had babies. It always turned out to be correct. My fffc. It said I was only going to have one son. One child. I know it's ridiculous but I can't get it out of my mind. DH and I want more children. I'm terrified of what is going to happen so that we can't. #superticiousagain #whatthefuckiswrongwithme #tobelieveinthatcrap #laughingandflamingmyself

Similar situation, only my string tests said none. No kids. #failedstringtestftw
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • azieber said:

I ate 4 lbs of Red Vines in just over a week.

And this is lame, but I've been apart of TB since February '13 & I still dont know what most of the abbreviations are for things, such as NBR, PSA, etc. 

#someonepleasetellme
    #ifeelstupid
    #iloveredvines

I know what a majority of stuff means, but am still clueless on S/O. And then when there are S/Os of S/Os my mind is blown!!
    Spin Off!
    and Spin off of Spin off

• That would be magical! @baconface who? Never heard of her.
  • baconface said:

Lee81 said:

azieber said:

And this is lame, but I've been apart of TB since February '13 & I still dont know what most of the abbreviations are for things, such as NBR, PSA, etc. 

#someonepleasetellme
    #ifeelstupid
    #iloveredvines

I know what a majority of stuff means, but am still clueless on S/O. And then when there are S/Os of S/Os my mind is blown!!
    Spin Off!
    and Spin off of Spin off

Oh wow, I totally thought it was "speaking of."

Hahaha me too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @baconface - I now want to do this.
    I have a real flameworthy confession, but I'm almost too scared to share, so here it goes.

I seriously judge SAHMs who don't cook. I don't mean four course meals folks, I mean like, can't make some spaghetti. My MIL was/is a SAHM for years, and the woman still can't cook to save her life. I have another SAHM friend who was super proud of herself for making shake and bake chicken and posted it on FB! You put raw chicken in a bag, shake it up, put it on a cookie sheet and bake it - what am I missing here? I guess I of see cooking as part of their job - just like I have to put 45+ hours in at my job and rock it, I kind of expect them to nail the cooking and cleaning stuff. Also, not saying they should cook every day - but probably shouldn't be calling for takeout every night either (here's looking at you, MIL).

I also drive an SUV and love it - Subaru FTW! I <3 their commercials. I still get decent gas mileage. Not having 4 wheel / all wheel drive around here would be hard.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Welcome Daniel! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image image
  • baconface said:

Lee81 said:

azieber said:

#someonepleasetellme
    #ifeelstupid
    #iloveredvines

Spin Off!
    and Spin off of Spin off

Oh wow, I totally thought it was
    "speaking of."

And I thought it meant "sound off".

• Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• baconface said:

huntjul said:

I churn airline credit cards for the mileage bonuses. I sign up, hit the minimum spend to get the 50,000 miles or whatever, then close the account, wait a few months and do it all again. I churn personal cards as well as cards for a business (farm) that DH and I no longer have.

In the last year alone we've bought over $3,000 worth of airline tickets just with points.

This doesn't sound very good for your credit. Have you noticed an impact on your credit score?

My thoughts exactly. Good for you if you're getting the benefits without impact to your credit score.
  • ncase2 said:

@baconface - I now want to do this.

I have a real flameworthy confession, but I'm almost too scared to share, so here it goes.

I seriously judge SAHMs who don't cook. I don't mean four course meals folks, I mean like, can't make some spaghetti. My MIL was/is a SAHM for years, and the woman still can't cook to save her life. I have another SAHM friend who was super proud of herself for making shake and bake chicken and posted it on FB! You put raw chicken in a bag, shake it up, put it on a cookie sheet and bake it - what am I missing here? I guess I of see cooking as part of their job - just like I have to put 45+ hours in at my job and rock it, I kind of expect them to nail the cooking and cleaning stuff. Also, not saying they should cook every day - but probably shouldn't be calling for takeout every night either (here's looking at you, MIL).

I also drive an SUV and love it - Subaru FTW! I <3 their commercials. I still get decent gas mileage. Not having 4 wheel / all wheel drive around here would be hard.

Meh. I rarely cook. When I got pregnant my MS came at night and DH started doing most of the cooking. He really likes to do it and I'm ok with that. I will cook if I need to though.
    Fair trade I get up with LO, he cooks.

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• @lee81 my dog wears funny hats (and cones like in my avatar), too! ;)

Your dog is super cute too! I want to give him a squeeze. I want to squeeze all the dogs. I figured out what it is about Mauka as opposed to the other doggie avatars. I can see his (her?) eyes! Your dog and @carriet's dog have brown patches right over their eyes. Mauka's eyes (or eye since o can only see one on the love it) is black on white so it really stands out. He just looks like he's staring at me. It makes me want to love the love it.
  • jennlin said:
    I like to sneeze.
    I'm really good at fake sneezing. I fake sneeze fits if I'm about to fall asleep in a meeting at work, so that I can get up and leave te room for a few mins. Like @huntjul, I also "churn" credit cards. H and I open (and close) probably 10 a year. It does not have significant impact on our credit. We started doing this when we bought our first house and figured we didn't need good credit anymore anyway. A good "deal" came on the market and we bought a second house a few years later, our score only dipped 50 points (not enough to make a difference, credit wise). I'm writing this while on a free vacation right now (hello San Diego!). Free flight, free hotel. H and I still have 19 more flights in credit each. This is hard to use for is bc we also get free companion passes. Which means we really have 38 more flights, each. @huntjul, what credit cards/airlines do you do? #love2travel #currentlyon4thtripsincematernityleave #onemoretripbeforeigobacktowork
    I seriously want you to write a DIY explanation of this for us.  Like, do you use the same cards, just have to wait a certain number of days, how many miles = plane tickets, etc.  I am so clueless.  We have crazy good credit and no reason not to do this...I just don't know how!

imageimageimage

Pregnancy%20ticker
  • @flutterby00 I will FB you when I'm back from vacation!

• has615 said:

My friend called me to go to a Kings of Leon concert tonight with her. I'm excited but I only know 2 songs. I'm listening to them all morning now so I can fake my way through it. "Hey don't you love this song?" "Oh yea my favorite :/"

DH and I are going to a Kings of Leon concert in Minneapolis next week. I'm more excited for the overnight away from the girls! :)

- Ava -  11-29-11

- Violet -  10-9-13

• I have a true flame-able confession.  I give my DS a bottle this week in the middle of the night, that had 2x as much power to water that it should have.  It was only the third formula bottle I'd ever given him...and I thought it was a 1:1 ratio and didn't re-read the instructions.  Poor guy had a belly ache (and was very vocal about it) all night long, and it wasn't till morning that I realized what I had done.  Mommy Fail...I feel so bad about it.  Flame away.  

Also, this afternoon after I go and visit DS at the daycare to feed him, I plan on coming home and taking a long nap all afternoon instead of working.  I'm a little giddy about it - its been a rough week of sleepless nights. 

imageimageimage

Pregnancy%20ticker
  • Aunt Edna said:

I've become a mild "prepper". I don't really think there is going to be a zombie apocalypse or the government will be overthrown, but if they should happen (or mt. Rainer blows) and we need to un-ass this place I am prepared.

I just bought a hand crank radio and flash lights and a flint fire starter. Technically those come in handy when the power goes out so it isn't completely crazy. But I do have bins packed with gear that we could easily throw into our SUV if we need to leave ASAP. There is also a small ax/hatchet in case I need to chop down a tree.....or kill a zombie. Okay, now I sound a little crazy.

Ha! We also have a camping backpack with the same--flint, matches, crank flashlights and radio, a can of formula, water purifier,granola bars, ax/hatchet, lightweight cold weather gear, other junk.

We get a lot of tornados, so we just keep the bag in our tornado room just in case. But I just like knowing we could grab it and hit the road if we needed--even though I never think we actually will need it!

My thought is that as long as all our prepped stuff fits in one backpack, we aren't "really" preppers :)
  • I have been active since Dec 17, the day I got cleared to exercise and was also free of medicine finally. I can run 5k in 40 minutes; am eating healthy (low sugar, low chemical); cross-training; sleeping well; etc....and I lost a grand total of 8 pounds in that entire time. 

Confession part: 
    Two days ago I INHALED a bunch of sugary crap - got a massive headache - and lost 2 pounds. 

Pissed off part: 
    Um, what?!?!? Calories are totally in range for a nursing mommy, I should be losing weight. ARGH. 
    I am soooooooo with you here! I'm working out & eating clean as hell and the scale isn't budging. My FFFC: I so desperately want to go on an insanely restrictive weightloss plan (like 800 cals @Amjoy25 style) just to see the damn scale move. The only thing stopping me is the fact that I'm BF and obvi need to do what's best for my child. Damn it.
    Me too.  :(

• On FB my cousin has been complaining about her housekeeper and how horrible she is about cleaning. My cousin is a SAHM mom to her 2 yr old son. It makes me mad that se is bitching about dusting off a shelf and finding dust ....

My FFFC is that I wish I had someone to come in and clean for me, even of it was a shitty job, the extra help would be nice.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

• jennlin said:
    I like to sneeze.
    I'm really good at fake sneezing. I fake sneeze fits if I'm about to fall asleep in a meeting at work, so that I can get up and leave te room for a few mins. Like @huntjul, I also "churn" credit cards. H and I open (and close) probably 10 a year. It does not have significant impact on our credit. We started doing this when we bought our first house and figured we didn't need good credit anymore anyway. A good "deal" came on the market and we bought a second house a few years later, our score only dipped 50 points (not enough to make a difference, credit wise). I'm writing this while on a free vacation right now (hello San Diego!). Free flight, free hotel. H and I still have 19 more flights in credit each. This is hard to use for is bc we also get free companion passes. Which means we really have 38 more flights, each. @huntjul, what credit cards/airlines do you do? #love2travel #currentlyon4thtripsincematernityleave #onemoretripbeforeigobacktowork
    I seriously want you to write a DIY explanation of this for us.  Like, do you use the same cards, just have to wait a certain number of days, how many miles = plane tickets, etc.  I am so clueless.  We have crazy good credit and no reason not to do this...I just don't know how!
    @flutterby00 and @jennlin - right now we only are churning American Airlines cards since that's the main airline we fly since they have the most flights to St Kitts. There are online tutorials on how to do it, which is how I learned.  There's a great thread with wiki page on FlyerTalk on how to do it.  Google something like "best airline credit card deals" or find the FlyerTalk forum and read up!

American does their cards through Citi. They have a bunch available, but they don't link the best ones on their official page. The forums and blogs have those links though.  It used to be you could sign up for a bunch all in the same day (e.g. Personal visa, personal MC, business card) and get massive points, but they got smarter and now I think it's max 2 applications within 60 days or something.  I keep the accounts open about 9 months and close them before the annual fee hits.  Then I repeat it all 12-24 months later, which is around the time frame Citi "forgets" you were already a customer and reapproves you for the sign on bonus.  Rinse and repeat. 

We churn my credit cards and the business because my credit is awesome and the tiny difference it makes in my credit score is insignificant.  We don't churn DH's because his credit isn't as stellar and we don't want anything dropping it even a few points.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image
  • amber0529 said:
    When I have to work at 3 I tell the babysitter I work at 11 & I actually put my work clothes on to drop him off so she thinks I'm going to work. Then I come home, change back into my PJs& take a nap. I feel guilty for not spending that extra time with him but I'm just so tired. (:|
     I do this sort of thing often.  Usually it just means leaving work early and taking a nap in my car.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"