Multiples

Did you have signs of labour before it started?

I'm 36w3d with twins, 3rd pregnancy. My first pregnancy I lost my mucous plug 4 days before labour started. My second I was induced at 9 days overdue.
Just wondering if any of you just suddenly went into labour with your twins? Or were there always signs that it was coming? I currently have zero signs of impending labour, but really wishing it would happen soon. Doctors aren't scheduling induction until 39 weeks!!

Re: Did you have signs of labour before it started?

• I had on/off contractions for 2 weeks w my previous pregnancy. At week 2 they finally started to do something to my cervix then it was another week or two. I have been having non progressive contractions for a week now so guessing my time is up in about two more. Never lost my plug or had my water break though. 39 weeks? Ugh I'd shoot somebody!

POS+April 2009-M/c May 2009, POS+July 2009-M/c Aug 2009, POS+ Novemeber 2009 -Baby Boy Charlie DOB 07/06/2010, POS+July 2011-M/c and D&C Aug 2011, POS+Dec 2011 -Baby Boy Ethan DOB 07/27/2012, POS+Aug 2013-TWIN BOYS! Jack and Miles born March 23rd 2014!!

">image
  • My water broke at 26 weeks with no warning. I was able to hold on until 30 weeks 6 days on hospital bed rest before I went into full blown labor with no warning either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Check out my blog: http://blondheimtwins.blogspot.com/

• Loading the player...
  • Both times I'd been having braxton hicks for a few weeks, but they weren't obvious. Then (both pregnancies) my body seemed to "clear itself out" (sorry TMI, but you asked!) the day before my water broke. 
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Looking back, it was obvious. But I explained away every single sign as normal pg stuff.

I was having progressively more painful contrax in the week leading up to my water breaking. They were not regular or timeable whatsoever.

A massive increase in discharge about 5-7 days before water breakage.

I was 1.5cm / 70% effaced / -2 station at 32w. Baby A was likely high bc he was breech. Water broke at 34w. Twice weekly NSTs and no one was concerned about impending labor.

Once my water broke, it went FAST.

• Nope. 36w water broke. It was a light break but I knew :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Interesting! I've been wondering if I'll be taken off guard this time, or if I will know it's coming due to obvious signs (mucous plug etc). Really hoping I don't have to go all the way to 39 weeks...I know it's only 2 1/2 weeks away, but I'm really starting to ache absolutely everywhere, and really can't do much anymore. Still can't believe they will let me go to 39 weeks!!!
  • I ended up with a c-section due to pre-e, so I didn't really go into active labor, but I had started dilating and my back was KILLING me.  Anyway - I mostly felt like total and complete sh*t the day before the c-section.  I was admitted the night before the surgery.  When my doc told me to go to the hospital to get checked out, I just knew I was going to have those babies.  Between the way I was feeling and the bp at the MFM, there was no way I was getting sent home.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"