Late Term and Child Loss

Faith Friday

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds” (Psalm 147:3).

How has God helped you to heal?

What has been the most healing for you so far?

Any new struggles/revelations this week?

Prayer for this week... "Jesus, it’s hard to imagine I will ever be healed. Help me to remember that healing is not forgetting, but it is remembering with love and tenderness and joy. Amen."

Re: Faith Friday

• He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds” (Psalm 147:3).

How has God helped you to heal? 
    I'm not sure if he has, to be honest.  I'm still hurting a lot and I'm so angry with Him.  But my husband and I do read the Bible to the boys every night (we are still getting used to reading to babies that are not there).  That helps a bit.  

What has been the most healing for you so far? 
    Reading, writing, and spending a lot of time at home.  I am sheltering myself a lot from the world. 

Any new struggles/revelations this week? 
    I am still trying to laugh and leave the house and see my friends and not feel guilty about being happy. I keep thinking that I shouldn't be happy when my boys are no longer here.  I keep trying to think of my babies in heaven having a great time, and that helps me. 

Prayer for this week... "Jesus, it’s hard to imagine I will ever be healed. Help me to remember that healing is not forgetting, but it is remembering with love and tenderness and joy. Amen."
  • He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds” (Psalm 147:3).

How has God helped you to heal? I am kind of in the same boat as @ikrystal. Sometimes I'm just not sure He has helped me. But then I need to tell myself to stop wallowing in my sadness and anger and think of how far we've come in the past almost 10 months. We have moments of joy and laughter and wonderful rememberance and celebration of Mary's life. Thinking back to last May, I didn't think any of this was possible. Yes, every day is still sad and I'm still broken, but there is healing in our love and I can thank God for that.

What has been the most healing for you so far? I think being able to talk about Mary and write about her and share things that remind me of her has really helped as it makes her feel not so far away.

Any new struggles/revelations this week? I'm still angry. It comes in spurts really. Right now I'm in another angry/boycotting positive things stage. Ugghhh I just want to embrace the good and stop being angry at people who have living babies.
  • Loading the player...
  • How has God helped you to heal?   I definitely don't feel as though I am healed, but I do feel His comfort and peace.  I believe He has given me ways to deal with my grief in a healthy way.

What has been the most healing for you so far?   Being able to write and get out the emotions that I am feeling.  When I am feeling so angry, or so depressed, and it is just overwhelming we, writing about it really helps me release that anger, and I can leave it in the words and walk away feeling better.  Also, a couple of my closest friends have been amazing listening ears, and let me talk about whatever I need to talk about without judging or giving advice, just being there and listening.

Any new struggles/revelations this week?   Today is 6 months.  As always, the lead up to the day was tougher than today has actually been, but I am amazed that it is already 6 months. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"