July 2013 Moms
Options

Yeast infection?

Have any of you moms of girls dealt with yeast infections at this age? LO was super fussy this afternoon. I thought it was behavioral because we've been in the pits of separation anxiety, and I think she's very frustrated lately over trying to crawl, but not being able to. With that said, she was more upset than usual. She'd be fine one second, then crying the next. And if she was crying, the only way to calm her was to hold her while walking. Then, while undressing her to get her ready for her bath I noticed a small amount of yellow discharge when I wiped her. I'm thinking maybe a yeast infection? Have any of you dealt with this yet, and if so do the symptoms sound similar? Of course I'll be taking her to the doctor tomorrow, but a little peace of mind tonight would be great.
<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

Re: Yeast infection?

• Options
    Thanks! I really hope that's not what it is. I'll feel so bad that I didn't catch on sooner :(
  • Options
    I don't know, but I hope whatever is making your LO sad is resolved quickly!  Don't be too hard on yourself if it is yeast, it happens and I'm sure it will be an easy fix.  <3
    Our little Sweetpea 
    photo 62d4d618-8ee8-46d9-ae5d-705799d4d9da.jpg

BFP #1 04/27/12 | blighted ovum, m/c 05/30/12 @ ?? weeks, D&C 06/01/12 BFP #2 11/06/12 | DD born 07/10/13 BFP #3 10/07/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hope yours all night wasn't too rough and she's feeling ok this morning. Hopefully the doctor can figure out the issue and get it resloved soon.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies. Her night wasn't too bad. She woke up only twice, and didn't seem to be in pain. We have an appointment this am in a few hours to get it checked out. @mermomo5 It makes me feel better to know it's common, thank you!
  • Options
    I'm not sure about the yeast infection, but just wanted to ask how old she is? We went through the same behavior a few weeks ago, while James was dealing with some separation anxiety (and I mean separation from me while I walked to the kitchen and back).

Good luck at the doctor!!!
  • Options
    She is nearly 7 months now. The doctor said it is not a yeast infection. She isn't teething, ears were clear, and no fever. She had no explaination for the fussiness, other than it could be developmental (though she said there is no growth spurt at 7 months). So, I'm clueless.
  • Options
    Exactly! After I left my mom said I should have asked about a uti. But wouldn't the doctor have said something if she thought that was a possibility?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"