Baby Showers

Gift for gender reveal party?

My family and I are attending a gender reveal party for a close friend of mine on Saturday. It didn't specifically say the word "shower" on the invite, but I am wondering if I need to buy a gender neutral gift to give at the party? This is her third child, second biological. I was planning on bringing my favorite book about becoming an older sibling for the kids...but that's not really for the mom to be, or baby exactly. So should I get something else? I have a 3 week old and a 21 month old so getting out to go shopping right now is a bit difficult...any suggestions on what to get?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Gift for gender reveal party?

• PLEASE no gifts.  Please, please, please.  These types of parties should NOT also be gift giving events .
  • Loading the player...
  • No gift required, but if you want to bring something I think a book is a perfect idea.

Or, you know, you could just decline the invite.  Blame that pesky newborn

;;)

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• I'm still waiting for all the kids whose parents threw them gender reveals to decide that their gender does not align with their genitalia.

OP - no gift. 

Stuck in the box-- but don't be silly MJ.  They will need to have another party to get all ot the things they will need for the gender their child identifies with.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• These parties are not for gift giving - though I was raised to never show up  empty handed to a party. So for the one's I've attended, I either brought diapers or a book - a favorite is "Are You My Mother".

• Just wanted to write an update- I'm sure glad I brought the book because it seemed like everyone brought a gift or dipes and wipes. I would have felt really bad showing up empty handed. Although I do agree that these shouldn't be gift giving events. But then you end up feeling like a jackass when everyone else comes with something....ugh. It is frustrating.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"