Babies on the Brain
Options

Here we go again....To miscarry or not to miscarry

On Tuesday, I took a pregnancy test at work (yeahhh..I was impatient) and it was positive. Since I was feeling a bit crampy (specifically on my left side) I was nervous and I made an appointment with my doctor the next day since I have history of ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage. A couple of hours later, I decided to go to the hospital because it was getting a bit more noticeable. Long story short, I started to bleed, I expelled a clot and they said that I miscarried. They even went so far to tell me that the baby was no longer in the sac. I went today to follow up with my regular Dr and he tells me that the baby is still in the sack. He gave me progesterone, took my blood and told me to go back in 2 days. Now, I am confused as hell. Is this why they didn't do a d&c?? Any thoughts?

Re: Here we go again....To miscarry or not to miscarry

• Options
    Honestly I have no idea. I wouldn't even think about getting a D&C until it was confirmed that there is no baby or that you miscarried.

The miscarriage and pregnancy loss board might be a better place to ask this question. They will be more knowledgeable since some of the women here might not have dealt with this before. Good luck!
  • Options
    I can't answer your questions. I just wanted to give you T&P.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't want to get your hopes up, but it sounds like you are still pregnant.

The bleeding could have been from a few different things.  I hope everything turns out positively for you!

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    I hope so too. Currently, I am not bleeding. The only rime I have noticed bleeding is when i instert the progesterone pills vaginally and it is on the insert. It is brown. So, I am hoping for the best too. I am still very concerned though.

• Options
    I'm sorry you're in limbo. I hope you have good news at your follow up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    I hope you get good news!!!

BabyFetus Ticker

imageimage
  • Options
    I've been mostly lurking but will chime in here - I found the hospital to be useless as far as the possibility of miscarriage went.  Your OB is much more likely to be able to tell what is going on because they know what they are looking for. Do what they tell you to do and follow up with them.  Fingers crossed for good news!

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Well, went to the doctor yesterday and my hcg has gone up in 1 day from 6580 to 7779...I am a bit concerned because I know it should double within 2-3 days. It was only one day. So,  cant really tell if it's good or bad. Also, we saw a heartbeat but it was low. She said I measured at 5 weeks and baby has a heart rate of 103. I am technically supposed to be Salomo 7 weeks. Perhaps I Ovulated late. Even though the news is better than I thought, I am still worried. I have slight cramping still. I just hope all works out...I have to admit though, this is some kind of miracle.
  • Options
    FWIW at 6 weeks with both of my girls, their hb was 120. I imagine at 5 weeks it was probably lower than that; probably like your baby near 103. Try and relax.
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was all set to respond and then I saw that @carseat did. Listen to her. She's wise.
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Options
    Thanks ya'll. I am nervous because I feel a bit crampy and my boobs are not hurting like they were. I am trying to stay positive. I am praying that my little one makes it all the way. I really want this baby
  • Options
    Update...beta is now 12,707....So far so good!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"