Special Needs

Crib climbing

2 weeks ago DS1 managed to get out the pack n play.  Up until now he's never gotten out of anything.

Tonight we heard a huge thud and went in...Yep, he climbed out of his crib.  He's not even climbing, he's pulling himself up and flipping forward over it so it's not even a safe controlled climb.

We turned it into a toddler bed, but I foresee a sleepless night.

Any other suggestions?
To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew

Re: Crib climbing

• My son used to do this, I to turned it into a toddler bed so it was less of a fall and I placed mattresses on either side if the bed to pad his landing other then that its a game of how to get them to stay in that bed. Good luck
  • Baby gate at his door! When we moved DD1 to a toddler bed, we made her room as safe as possible and put a baby gate at her door. She had a few nights sleeping on the floor, but I could sleep knowing she was safe. Finally she figured out that the bed was more comfortable.
  • Loading the player...
  • Our traditional crib had a drawer under it that we took out. We then added new screw holes to lower the mattress rails further down. We lowered it enough so that the side rails still were lower thn the top of the mattress when compressed.
    WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• We converted to a toddler bed (with safety rail) and put pillows next to the bed.  He was fine within a few days.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"