January 2014 Moms
Options

i just wanna brag about my dh for just a second

So my bday was last week my husband has been talking about this huge thing he has planned for my present. Well I get it tomorrow, and he did a fabulous job. I get 4 hour trip to the spa. Mani, pedi,facial, and massage. Which I'm so excited about and after this week me and lo have had its needed.

Then he dropped it on me. My poor baby is going to spend those hours with his aunt. I cried. I ugly cried and I feel awful cause its a great gift. Super amazing. But I'm not ready to leave lo that long, let alone with extended family. I also feel bad that I ugly cried in front of him after he was so excited to tell me about it.

So I'm happy and sad and feel terrible all at the same time.

Re: i just wanna brag about my dh for just a second

• Options
    Just think what a blessing your LO will be to your aunt! Take some time to recharge, mama. You will feel a million times better after and love hugging on your LO that much more!
    Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
    image imageimage

• Options
    PS I am jealous.
    Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
    image imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it's great that his aunt is willing to help unless you think she won't do a good job. Can he not watch LO because of work?
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    kiki1978 said:

I think it's great that his aunt is willing to help unless you think she won't do a good job. Can he not watch LO because of work?

Yes he originally had it planned for last weekend so my dh could watch Kaleb himself. But they could only do three out of the four things he wanted. It just seems so early to be leaving him.
  • Options
    Honestly, I would kill my husband if he planned something like the care of our child without consulting me ahead of time. Maybe if it was our second kid and he was more knowledgeable about my expectations and needs, it would be fine. But yeah, no way. I would honestly probably cancel if I wasn't comfortable. But I'm a bitch like that... so there's that.

If you end up feeling ok about it, though, then I will say that I am 1000 percent jealous!
  • Options
    It's definitely an issue if you don't trust the aunt. If it's cause you're upset to just be leaving LO though, no matter who it's with, that's normal and you should go and enjoy yourself! You deserve it!

And if it's any consolation I still cry/am on the verge of tears leaving DS with anyone, including my FI. But sometimes you just need a break.
  • Options
    mcg1119 said:

Do you not trust his aunt? I understand how hard it is to leave the first time. The first time I left her with my husband for a few hours, I cried.

IMO, there is a huge difference between leaving a baby with an aunt and the father of the child. Your situation is not the same.

• Options
    bnikbnik member
    edited February 2014
    No, she is totally trust worthy. Its just the longest I've left him is 10 minutes to go to walgreens up the road. I'm sure I'll be fine tomorr--today,once I get to the spa -h opefully- start to relax
  • Options
    I'm totally jealous, go enjoy yourself you deserve it! Oh and happy bday!
  • Options
    Just go for it mum ! You needed and you will absolutely looooooove it ! Enjoy . For sure LO will be just fine
  • Options
    Is it bad that I had almost the same thing today and I totally enjoyed being away from LO? My hubby set it up too. Don't get me wrong, I love him, but it was nice to get my hair and nails done and not have to worry about what time I last fed him.  My mom stayed with him - she is doing daycare for us - so it was a nice for her to get a dry run in before I return to work in a week.

GO ENJOY! Your LO will be fine!
  • Options
    My DH attempted to do something nice for me. He heard me say how I wanted a bread maker and he said he saw one that seemed like it was a good deal to buy and was going to buy it for me. But he wanted to ask me first to make sure it was one I would like. Good thing he did because it wasn't a bread maker at all it was a toaster oven. Well, it's the thought thy counts!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Glad you enjoyed it @bnik!

My DH setup a massage for me and my mom - it was wonderful!
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"