1st Trimester
Options

Baths/hot tubs

Hi all-

I'm a little over 4 weeks now..just found out a few days ago! My question is about hot baths and hot tubs..I've heard hot tubs are a big no-no..the week before I found out I was pregnant, I was in a hot tub all weekend..I have a pretty good heat tolerance, so I'm sure I was in there for longer than the 10-15mins they recommend you get out after. Someone quell my nervousness about this..=( I got out before I felt flushed or hot..
Second question..I love taking a hot bath in the mornings..should I not be doing this? I've seen alot of discussion boards saying as long as your bath is under 101 degrees..or your body temp is under 100..but who sits with a thermometer by the tub?...

I'll be hitting my dr with these questions when at my appt in another week..but I'd like to not be nervous about it until then :)

Re: Baths/hot tubs

• Options

jg62212 said:
    Hi all-

I'm a little over 4 weeks now..just found out a few days ago! My question is about hot baths and hot tubs..I've heard hot tubs are a big no-no..the week before I found out I was pregnant, I was in a hot tub all weekend..I have a pretty good heat tolerance, so I'm sure I was in there for longer than the 10-15mins they recommend you get out after. Someone quell my nervousness about this..=( I got out before I felt flushed or hot..
    Second question..I love taking a hot bath in the mornings..should I not be doing this? I've seen alot of discussion boards saying as long as your bath is under 101 degrees..or your body temp is under 100..but who sits with a thermometer by the tub?...

I'll be hitting my dr with these questions when at my appt in another week..but I'd like to not be nervous about it until then :)
    You're fine, just avoid hot tubs in the future.  Hot baths are fine because the water is not being kept at a consistently high temperature.  The water cools as you're in it.  It's not a big deal to take hot baths, assuming you're not hurting yourself because they're so hot (but that seems like common sense).
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    I use my tub every night and have for my full 14 weeks. I discussed it with my Dr. And he was fine with it, like the other ladies said, keep the temp at the 102 or so range, not 106 for spas. It really helps with the ligament pain in my stomach. The only risk was falling asleep, and since we are booze free now, no chance of that much relaxation. :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love love baths. I just don't keep them as hot as I normally would. I pay attention to feeling overheated or if my skin turns red when I get in.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    EllyD14 said:

You're fine, just avoid hot tubs in the future.  Hot baths are fine because the water is not being kept at a consistently high temperature.  The water cools as you're in it.  It's not a big deal to take hot baths, assuming you're not hurting yourself because they're so hot (but that seems like common sense).
    This!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"