May 2014 Moms
Options

Where to shop?

Anyone else feel like there is just no where to shop for reasonably priced maternity clothes? I feel like besides old navy and motherhood, there are just no options. I've bought maybe ten pieces of maternity wear, and I am thankful I like loose tops and tunics cause my old style still works. Anyone have any secrets to share with the class?!

Re: Where to shop?

• Options
    I've found the best deals at the Motherhood outlet. I shop the clearance racks there and save a good amount. Also, be sure to sign-up for Gap and Old Navy emails because they constantly send coupons that I use when I can for online sales items to save even more.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Pinkblushmaternity.com, BRU still has a lot of stuff on super clearance right now (order online), Target has great sales and obviously GAP and Old Navy. Everyone loves Zulilly but I haven't bought anything there because from what I understand you can't return. 

I actually think Motherhood is WAY overpriced and the quality of their clothing is shit. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    One of the interns at my office worked at Valu Village (a chain used clothing store) before college and she said they had a pretty good maternity clothing section. I've been meaning to check the one in my city out - people don't wear maternity clothes that long, so buying used could net some nice stuff for cheap.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options

I actually think Motherhood is WAY overpriced and the quality of their clothing is shit.

THIS.

I actually think all maternity clothes are crap. I bought a pair of Hudson maternity jeans and they already have a rip in them. I mostly shop at old navy and target.
  • Options
    I hate Motherhood. ON maternity is my jam. Most of my stuff is on it's second pregnancy and doing well. And with sales/coupons the prices are not bad.

• Options
    I only shop at ON, and usually wait to find 30% off sales. I have a pair of tights and two tank tops from Motherhood that were a gift from my MIL. I haven't found any other stores. I'm just glad I don't have to wear business clothes!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Gordmans has more than I thought. And good stuff too!!
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Speaking of Motherhood, do they work on commission there? Because every time I've been in there (had gift cards) they are Up.My.Ass! 

The last time I was there the girl was literally blocking my way out of the fitting room. She was determined to get me to buy something and I almost threw my shoe at her. 
  • Options
    Mimaloo said:

Speaking of Motherhood, do they work on commission there? Because every time I've been in there (had gift cards) they are Up.My.Ass! 

The last time I was there the girl was literally blocking my way out of the fitting room. She was determined to get me to buy something and I almost threw my shoe at her. 
    Probably! I agree, they are super annoying. I only like the jeans I've gotten there, made by indigo something something. Got them on a good sale.

I vote for Target and Pinkblush too. Pinkblush has mostly stuff that is really fitted to show off your bump, not a lot of flowy shirts. I think they always have free shipping...? It's not quick, but they also usually have good coupons and sales. So better than nothing.

I would try to find consignment stores that sell maternity clothes. Wish we had one around me.
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    A friend of mine got a bunch of stuff off eBay for really cheep.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    IF you get lucky on the right day. Ross has very good deals.. (used to work there) but again you have to get lucky. Target seems to have decent priced things. IMO motherhood and pinkblush are too pricey for me.. Im a BIG bargain shopper but I suppose if the discount is large enough it would be worth it maybe.. I also cant buy stuff online cause the sizes are ALWAYS wrong and where I live theres no stores with maternity sections besides target and motherhood maternity. Oldnavy is awesome.. but I only have undershirts from them and one shirt since they dont have the maternity section in store here.

Honestly I only have 4 maternity shirts, the rest of the shirts I bought are loose "one size up" from my regular size. I have NO maternity bottoms.. not really my choice, just never can find size smalls at stores.. Ive been living in black sweat pants from Oldnavy since December lol. A lot of my friends say they get away with buying larger jeans/pants instead of maternity ones.

I feel you though on trying to find decently priced stuff.. certanly since you wear it for less then a year.. I wear my regular clothes till they fall apart :o So its tough for me to spend 30 bucks on a dress or 20 bucks for a shirt if I cant guarantee that I would be able to wear it after I have the baby.

BabyName Tickerphoto 75ef5a71-68f7-493a-9994-4a2f39b863ae_zps6e964811.jpg
    ~*March Siggy Challenge-Favorite Dr. Suess Book*~
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    All my maternity clothes are either target (Liz Lange) or old navy. Motherhood is too pricey for me usually, but I did take advantage of their BOGO jeans deal because they have nice jeans. Check target clearance online and even eBay for brands like old navy and gap!
  • Options
    limechiffonlimechiffon member
    edited February 2014
    I got all my pants from thrift stores, I would say most of the stores I visited had a maternity rack -- not a huge selection but I could get through it in maybe 20 minutes and then do some baby clothes shopping in the same trip. I tried Motherhood Maternity but just couldn't bring myself to spend the money when I honestly didn't think the pants looked that great on me. When I found the same brand for $8 at the thrift store it was a lot easier to buy. 

I did get one pair of jeans at Target but they fell apart after one wash. I was really surprised, I'm normally a fan of Target clothes but these were just cheap denim that didn't last. 
    image   image
                                                          Baby Girl born May 16, 2014
  • Options
    Kohl's sometimes has a small maternity section. I haven't bought much there, but its another option at least. And Kohl's tends to have sales frequently too.
    image    image

• Options
    I bought some cute tops and leggings on kohls.com. They have a lot more online than in their stores and you can return them in store if they do not fit
  • Options
    Thanks for the input ladies!!! Sounds like we are all having a hard time finding any good selection. I guess I will keep stalking old navy's sales and check out some of the new websites you guys suggested!
  • Options
    cnbean said:

Kohl's sometimes has a small maternity section. I haven't bought much there, but its another option at least. And Kohl's tends to have sales frequently too.

I got some really nice stuff from Khol' s online when there was a sale. Everything fits well and they had a good variety of styles.

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    edited February 2014
    I hate all my maternity clothes from my first pregnancy. I got most of that stuff online from destination maternity. Also have a few items from target. This pregnancy I discovered asos.com and H&M also has a small maternity section, their stuff is so much cuter.
  • Options
    I second thrift stores!  All the new clothes I bought during this pregnancy came from Clothes Mentor.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    OMG yes this. I was there yesterday looking for a dress and the lady literally was so annoying. I had to leave while she was with a customer that way she wouldn't notice that I left! Ridiculous!
  • Options
    Other than a pair of jeans and 2 shirts from motherhood all my stuff so far is from consignment/thrift stores.  Unfortunately couldn't find much where I live but got a bunch while out visiting my mom in a much more populated area.  Clothes Mentor and then also a different consignment store that was really for baby/child stuff but have a mat. clothes rack totally saved me and I found a bunch of  mat. pants that fit OK.  Buying pants online rarely works for me.   In addition to actual official maternity clothes some shirts/sweaters in a bigger size or just a looser/longer style can work and thrift stores are good for those.  I need to go out hunting again, though ... was skating by on wearing a lot of my old shirts and sweaters but more and more of them just aren't working anymore. 

I *wish* there was Value Village around here!  That is one of the few things I miss from when we lived in MD.  If there is one near you definitely check it out.  I don't know if they do this but many other thrift stores kindof hide the mat. clothes either in the baby section or in some other odd corner so just ask if you don't see a rack of them.  For consignment stores call first to see if they have mat. clothes and don't forget to call/check out baby/child stuff consignment stores.

In addition to objecting to the prices, I just haven't liked new maternity clothes I've seen in stores this year.  This trend of really really really thin flimsy shirts is annoying.  Especially where winter is cold!  Also so many stores either don't have a mat. section (only some, not all, gaps and old navy stores actually have a section in store) and want you to order online only which only works for some kinds of clothes (where fit is pretty easy)  and at the stores near me the mat. sections were all really small, pathetic, and picked over.  Plus it makes me mad to go into a place like Target where in the regular clothes section nothing is actually being sold for the ticket price - there's "sale" signs above pretty much every rack - and then you go into the maternity section and things are full price.  And crappy quality.  Blah!  
    Me: 39  DH: 44  together since 2000 married 9/2004 TTC #1 since 2/2012
    BFP #1 6/5/2012  m/c 6/15/2012 about 5w3d   BFP #2 6/?/2013 m/c 7/1/2013 5w 3d
    BFP #3 8/25/2013  EDD 5/7/2014    DD A. born 5/8/2014!!  Love!!!!
  • Options
    Almost ALL my maternity clothes are from the Kohls maternity clearance rack. I've got long sleeves shirts, dresses, shirts, t-shirts and pants there. I always pay under $10 an item.
    Since I have a Kohls card I usually get an extra percentage off too.

I went to Motherhood today couldn't believe their clearance was $20 for a tank top, no way. BRU is always 70% off maternity stuff when I go there. I got a couple good things there.

GL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ooo and I got three pairs of work dress pants at Goodwill. They were only $5 each.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The suggestions have reaffirmed my love for thrift stores. Almost all the othes I have right now are hand me downs or thrifted. Will def check out value village too, it's not one of my regular stops. I went to old navy yesterday, their maternity section in the store is sooooo pathetic. Thankfully Ive had good luck getting clothes online at old navy.
  • Options
    I do Target & H&M mostly.
  • Options
    I've gotten some great deals from Kohls online. The in store options are super limited. I think their quality pales to Liz Lange at Target though. My work pants from there have been the best purchase. I agree with ON also. I got my shower dress from Motherhood but also hate the sales ladies. To avoid them I shop the TINY motherhood section at Macy's.
  • Options
    I've had really good luck with Gap and Asos.com the quality is really great and holds up well with lots of washes. I've also bought things from ON (not my fave though), Kohl's and Motherhood.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"