February 2014 Moms
Options

The Wonder Weeks App

Just downloaded this app and wondering if anyone has experience with it and what you thought of it?!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: The Wonder Weeks App

• Options
    Just heard about this.. Gotta download now!
  • Options
    I used it with DS1 and have it set up for DS2. I liked it. I thought it was pretty accurate with DS1 with his leaps and the characteristics of each leap.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @DreamingBabies thats what i thought and may help me not get so flustered when LO changes.
  • Options
    This app seems great! Totally new perspective! My question for those of you who were early - it said to enter your due date. Probably a dumb question but did you do "due date" or date you had LO?
    February Moms August Siggy Challege- Cats in Space- M-M-M-M-Meowwww

• Options
    This app seems great! Totally new perspective! My question for those of you who were early - it said to enter your due date. Probably a dumb question but did you do "due date" or date you had LO?

I'd go with due date - when my LC talks to us in group about wonder weeks and growth spurts, we go by adjusted age, even if it's just a couple weeks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    emm57emm57 member
    edited February 2014
    @Nikkijo1022 enter the due date even if early. My DS1 was born at 32 weeks so I used his original due date and it was right on track. If I had used his birthday the leaps wouldn't have aligned with his development and would've been inaccurate. With DS2, he was born at 37 weeks and I still am using the due date vs birthday. They do give a little explanation as to why on the app. It has something to do with the mental development from conception rather than from when they are born.
  • Options
    I was wondering the same thing.
  • Options
    @bluedot818 - the idea behind wonder weeks is that the brain goes through growth spurts as the body does. During these brain spurts (aka "wonder weeks"), there's a major intellectual break-through that pretty much rocks the baby's world. Baby gets through the WW by crying, clinging, and cluster-feeding. The app lets you know when to expect these and helps you navigate through.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I downloaded it and I entered the due date as they said to. Technically my LO has not hit any of the leaps yet because even though he is 6 weeks old, his due date was only a little over 2 weeks ago. I kind of feel like he is more on the track of his birthday vs. the due date, but I wouldn't make a definite decision about that until he hits the first leap! 

• Options
    Found this on a website about it.

" To work out when to expect wonder weeks, you should use the baby’s expected due date, rather than the actual day of the birth, as babies born early or late may experience leaps at slightly different times. For this reason, 
    premature babies will usually reach wonder weeks later than other babies."
  • Options
    I downloaded it and I entered the due date as they said to. Technically my LO has not hit any of the leaps yet because even though he is 6 weeks old, his due date was only a little over 2 weeks ago. I kind of feel like he is more on the track of his birthday vs. the due date, but I wouldn't make a definite decision about that until he hits the first leap! 
    Same here.  I feel like he's on track with his birthday with his physical milestones but not so much with the others like smiling or eye contact.  So maybe that will coincide with the leaps.  It said he won't hit one for two more weeks.
  • Options
    I just got this. Per his Edd he is 10 days from leap one but I'm sure he's already there but if I put his bday he's in leap 2 and he's not quite there yet.

Anniversary
  • Options

I just got this. Per his Edd he is 10 days from leap one but I'm sure he's already there but if I put his bday he's in leap 2 and he's not quite there yet.

Preemies are fun. You will find that your LO hits some milestones at his actual age, and some at his adjusted age. I'm told not to be concerned unless he's not hitting major milestones by his adjusted age.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I bought the book and its extremely repetitive. I found the app to be really all you need. I wish I wouldn't have bought it.
  • Options
    CD7211 said:

I bought the book and its extremely repetitive. I found the app to be really all you need. I wish I wouldn't have bought it.

This. I got the book and have thumbed through it. I've actually gotten more to the point info from the app.

For leap 1, it was a toss up between colic and the leap. He was clingy, wanted to eat all the time, and only wanted me. The only difference between that time period and just before or after was the amount of crying. (And maybe more eatting)

We are now headed into leap 2 according to the app. I take them with a grain of salt. As @TyrannosaurusLex‌ said it's just more focused on mental development. (Which btw I loved your explaination) some do it before, right on target or after so it's not terribly reliable aside from the fact that your LO will eventually do it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have it... don't love it.  LO was 2 weeks early, but truthfully, based upon his size/development, I think my due date may have been a little off.  I set up the app initially by his EDD, but it didn't seem to line up too well, so I just switched it to his DOB... we'll see if that works better.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"