April 2013 Moms
Options

3rd Graders and the "C" word

This was so funny I just had to share

My students were finishing up a test when one of them said, "AWWWW!!! Student X said the 'C' word!!"  My jaw dropped! Then my co-teacher said, "I heard you talking, now what did you say?"  Then I ask her, "Did he say C U Next Tuesday?"  and my co-teacher said, "I think so!"  Then one of the other students spilled the beans and said, "He said cocaine."  That was the "C" word. 

We had a conversation about cocaine and why it's not appropriate school discussion, but they were so up in arms about it, that it made me laugh. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 3rd Graders and the "C" word

• Options
    Hahahaha this made me crack up. I cringe every time I hear that word so I was praying it wasn't "THE C" word

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    My step son is in grade 3 and I'm pretty sure he has no idea what "c u next Tuesday" is. Haha. However, we have friends whose kids go to another school where grade 4 students were making out in the hallways and smoking cigarettes. Yikes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I teach 4th grade and had to call a parent the other day bc her son called someone a jerk off! Aaaawkward!
  • Options
    One of my students was tattling that another student said "the K word". I know a lot of bad words, but the k one was new to me. Turns out it was "crap". Obviously we have some spelling to work on as well :).
  • Options
    I had a third grader last year get super offended that someone called him "the B word" (which ended up being brat) and then later in the year he taught the class what abortions are during lunch :-w

:-/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"