October 2013 Moms
Options

Spitting up again

My LO will be 5mths tomorrow and she has started spitting up again.. Hadn't since before Xmas but started this week daily again. Anyone else?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Spitting up again

• Options
    yep! everytime i look at her she has spit up coming out of her mouth. i think i read that it increases between 4-6mo.
  • Options
    Yes! I thought we were crazy because Lo has reflux and we switched to A.R formula because of the spit up and it was down to maybe once a week if that. And now it's back and I was beginning to think his relux was getting worse.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mancila60 said:

Yes! I thought we were crazy because Lo has reflux and we switched to A.R formula because of the spit up and it was down to maybe once a week if that. And now it's back and I was beginning to think his relux was getting worse.

Yeah LO has a mild reflex as well but didn't spit up. She would just make choking noises sometimes
  • Options
    DS is 4.5ish months and in the past few days has started spitting up again. Prior to that we had a couple of weeks of noticeably decreased spitting up. It was nice!
  • Options
    LO spits up like crazy- drenching onesies and pants and my shirt! Even contacted my NP about it- unless LO is throwing up a distance of 2-3 feet no worries. Love constanly smelling of milk on my shoulders, neck, and hair
  • Options

I think I read somewhere that their GI tract goes through changes around this time and one of the side effects is increased spit up. Also could be from excess drool due to teething.
    Ds had deft had an increase lately.

She does have two teeth already and drools like crazy
  • Options
    Um mine has puked like crazy since the beginning 
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• Options

I think I read somewhere that their GI tract goes through changes around this time and one of the side effects is increased spit up. Also could be from excess drool due to teething.
    Ds had deft had an increase lately.

This is good to know, mine has been more frequent again too.
  • Options
    I notice that LO is spitty during his growth spurts. Like PP mentioned, it might have to do with their GI tract changing. I EP, so when I notice the increase, I feed him smaller bottles more often (3 oz every 2 hours rather than 4 oz every 3.5 hours). That seems to cut down on a lot of the reflux.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    has615 said:

Um mine has puked like crazy since the beginning 

This exactly. Before we had her I had bought the cutest little gown for her to wear at the hospital. Almost immediately after putting it on her, she puked all over it and my mom. I wasn't even able to get a picture of her in it. She has been this way the whole time. She is taking Zantac, but still does it all the time. When she's not spitting up, she is blowing out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    patreato said:

LO spits up like crazy- drenching onesies and pants and my shirt! Even contacted my NP about it- unless LO is throwing up a distance of 2-3 feet no worries.
    Love constanly smelling of milk on my shoulders, neck, and hair

Good to know because I meant to ask my pedi about this and forgot. LO has been spitting up a ton for the past few weeks, I'll feed her and she's randomly spitting up large amounts an hour later. I have to change her outfit 5 times a day because her shirt is always wet and I always seem to put the bib on too late. Luckily it doesn't seem to bug her. I'm dealing with a bit of OS with BFing after her GS so that may have something to do with it too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"