October 2014 Moms
Options

Well-meaning relatives...

I have a cold, and my brother brought me a armload of remedies this morning, telling me to take all of them. I started to google, knowing I couldn't take some of them, like lavender oil rub, due to uterine contractions. Turns out I cant take any of them. I feel bad, because I know he meant well, but I can't tell him and make him feel bad for not knowing. Anyone else have well-meaning friends or family giving not-so-hot advice?

Re: Well-meaning relatives...

• Options
    My mom told me that she heard on the news the other night that they're saying taking acetaminophen during pregnancy can cause ADHD. I just laughed and said I'm trusting my doctor over a newscast.

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Options
    Yeah, I heard that the study behind that was pretty weak. I don't really use acetaminophen, but I still think moderation is the way to go. Also, the news is crazy, anyways. Doctor is the way to go.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Exactly! I will avoid taking anything if possible. And definitely won't overdo it!

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Options
    My annoying co-worker is also pregnant, due in August. She said that whenever she gets really bad m/s, she just eats as much as she can, as fast as she can. It works! I want to throat punch her every time she tells me this. She has never once thrown up while pregnant (this is her second kid), she does not have morning sickness. She also told me that if I would eat one avocado a day I wouldn't feel sick anymore. She's a genius.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    jenndub said:

My annoying co-worker is also pregnant, due in August. She said that whenever she gets really bad m/s, she just eats as much as she can, as fast as she can. It works! I want to throat punch her every time she tells me this. She has never once thrown up while pregnant (this is her second kid), she does not have morning sickness. She also told me that if I would eat one avocado a day I wouldn't feel sick anymore. She's a genius.

This made me laugh. How strange!

Though you don't have to puke to have morning sickness. I was insanely nauseated and couldn't eat during 1st tri with DS. Lost over 10lbs, but only threw up twice. I don't just count those 2 instances as morning sickness.
    imageimage
  • Options
    @Emerald27, I agree that puking isn't the only way to have morning sickness. The constant nausea is actually worse. I just don't believe that this girl has had any of that. Also, I don't know why you didn't just eat an avocado everyday when you were pregnant with your DS, duh.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options

My sister in law. She was a nurse for a few years before going to anesthesiology school. So she talks to me about things and scares the living shit out of me half the time when she talks about the changes.

I know she's just trying to prepare me beause I'm absolute retard on the whole pregnancy subject, but hearing the text-book approach to it really, really scares me.

imageSoon to be San Diego Mommy! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Nicb13 said:

My sister in law. She was a nurse for a few years before going to anesthesiology school. So she talks to me about things and scares the living shit out of me half the time when she talks about the changes.

I know she's just trying to prepare me beause I'm absolute retard on the whole pregnancy subject, but hearing the text-book approach to it really, really scares me.

Are you reading any books on your own? Planning on taking any classes? I've just heard you mention how scared you are about multiple things relating to pregnancy and birth so I was just wondering.

I have three books that I've been off and on reading and I do plan on taking classes. I'm waiting to see if there are recommendations at the clinic.

The books make me  uneasy for the most part, even the ones that sugar coat it. The only thing that makes me really feel better about giving birth is watching A Baby Story. I get to see different cases and how things are done, and the more I watch and become familiar with it, the better I feel.

imageSoon to be San Diego Mommy! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My dad is allllll concerned this time around (Third kid in the past 3.5 years...) and has made comments about coffee consumption, the Tylenol thing, what I eat and what I carry so far. With the first all I watched was a baby story, bringing home baby and parts of business of being born and that was my extent of my reaserch for labor and I had an awesome delivery (I pushed for over 4 hours but I napped and drank bucket loads of water and joked with my dr... After with my legs up I took the first pictures of him being weighed and cleaned up ;).
  • Options
    This time around no body except our parents know. But last time around I had people constantly bringing me food. Which was nice except it made me puke. I was just gracious.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"