July 2014 Moms
Options

UNIQUE baby shower games/ideas?

Maxiep720Maxiep720 member
edited February 2014 in July 2014 Moms
Has anyone started baby shower planning? What fun/unique games have you thought of, or have played? There's always the typical "chocolate diaper", "measuring the belly" game... But I've always been the unforgettable/inappropriate humor type of party thrower. Lol. I've Pintrest'd but, they're kinda the same. Although I found this game, and I was thinking maybe my own "Pin the sperm on the Egg" as well? Lol. I'd love to hear what everyone else has thought of :)

Re: UNIQUE baby shower games/ideas?

• Options
    What is your host wanting to do?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We're pretty laid back and thought of doing just a BBQ so we could specifically play the spermhole (instead of cornhole) haha. I also really want to do the 'my water broke' with the baby in the ice cube. Other than that some pregatinis and a pony keg and some food and we're good to go for a coed party!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bullybutt said:

I don't have a host, since I'm so picky w decorations and whatnot.... I'd rather throw it myself w some help.

;;)
  • Options

Since I'm not planning my own shower I wouldn't know.

But personally I think if my hostess suggested something like that it would depend on the crowd, if family is invited wouldn't it be a little awkward seeing Grandma walking around with sperm darts?

Lol, probably, but... We all have that type of humor, so no one going would really find that awkward. :D
  • Options

The only game my family will play is baby shower bingo where you check off items on a bingo card as the mom-to-be is opening the gifts. 

It is the only way they can survive the oohing and aaaawing process. We usually do prizer for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place so it will last the whole gift opening time.
    I love that! Thank you! :x
  • Options
    Maxiep720 said:

bullybutt said:

I don't have a host, since I'm so picky w decorations and whatnot.... I'd rather throw it myself w some help.

;;)
    Rude photo rudedonghae.gif
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Options
    Why don't you save your time, money and headache and just buy yourself the items you need instead of a party that you are going to control and probably dictate what people bring for you? Be sure and make a FB invite and share it publicly so anyone and everyone is invited... and diapers are required.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited February 2014

Maxiep720
    said:
    I don't have a host, since I'm so picky w decorations and whatnot.... I'd rather throw it myself w some help. ;;)
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Maxiep720Maxiep720 member
    edited February 2014
    Thanks to those who actually answer my questions, and fuck off to those who just bitch, rant, and follow along w all the other psychotic moody negative nancys. You don't even consider the situations I'm in. I don't have a BFF around. I don't have a mother in law in my life and id like to save other people time and money, by doing it myself. Plus it'll be on mine and DH's bday & anniversary ... So it'll be a lot of different celebrations going on and I'm not gonna be greedy and have someone else pay for the stuff I want. Times have changed. Not everything is gonna be the old fashioned way.
  • Options
    Maxiep720 said:
    Thanks to those who actually answer my questions, and fuck off to those who just bitch, rant, and follow along w all the other psychotic moody negative nancys. You don't even consider the situations I'm in. I don't have a BFF around. I don't have a mother in law in my life and id like to save other people time and money, by doing it myself. Plus it'll be on mine and DH's bday & anniversary ... So it'll be a lot of different celebrations going on and I'm not gonna be greedy and have someone else pay for the stuff I want. Times have changed. Not everything is gonna be the old fashioned way.
    So I would assume that you are not going to call it a "shower" and make it clear that no one is to bring you gifts then?!

Unfortunately, regardless of how much "times have changed," it is still very rude to throw yourself a party where gifts are expected.  Throw an awesome party and have a great time, but make it gift-free.  If you want gifts, someone is going to have to offer to throw you a shower.  That's simple etiquette, sorry.
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ooooh, just under 2 hours for this one to blow up.  Ok, who wins the betting pool?
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    IMO, all baby shower games are tacky.

Throwing yourself a shower is beyond tacky. Like pp stated, it is not a mandatory thing to have. If someone CHOOSES to have one for you, great! If not, then you don't have one. Etiquette does not change based upon "life situations"
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
  • Options

Let me just say this, just because the times they are a'changin' doesn't make throwing yourself a shower less of a huge breech of etiquette. Justify it however you want, it's rude and it's tacky. Even if no one will say it to your face but us your friends think it's tacky too.

The only thing I can think of that is tackier is making a facebook status that says, "OMG my shower for little suzie (her second girl in less than two years, btw) is on such and such date. Send me a mesage with your address if you want to come!" And yes, I had a friend of mine do this. Horrified.

Not only do multiple ppl on my fb do this... They link their registry!! Then when no one shows they bitch about it as their status...

SHUT. UP.

That is awful.

That's as bad as people who put their registry information in their wedding invites.

• Options

That being said, I personally do not like the idea of 'spermhole' and "pin the sperm on the egg' game.  I have some class.  This is probably why I didn't want any penis anything for my bachelorette party (that my friends threw, BTW).  I'm not comfortable splingin' fake sperms around with my Mother as we have a party for an unborn Grandchild.  Seems kinda tacky IMO, but, hey, it's your party...

Since she is throwing her own shower I can't imagine she cares about pinning sperms on eggs with her grandma in attendance.

BTW: I am totally with you on the penis thing. I nearly boycotted my own bchelorette because my BFF kept insisting on a stripper. I finally told her if there was a stripper involved I would be calling my mother to come get me NOW.

• Options
    Maxiep720 said:
    BabyFetus Ticker

image image

• Options
    Wow, OP, are you my SIL? Just kidding but she's as tacky as you! I offered to throw her a shower but when I refused to allow her to take over and plan it, she fired me :) No big loss! I went to the shower and all I could think was this is just awful! Watching her tell her little BFF what to do as the party went on. So tacky! So if you really want helpful advice, listen to everyone and just don't.
    Chase Alexander 12-11-01
    Sierra Nicole 6-15-05
    Avery Lyn 8-2-12
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    A shower is a gift to the guest of honor, NOT something you plan yourself.  Better said, it's a privilege, not a right.  No one offers, you don't have one.  It's against etiquette and quite frankly, in poor taste. 
    My sweet little munchkin! 
    8 lbs, 13 oz.  21" long

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"