LGBT Parenting
Options

Bedrest time

Hello everyone!

Last week I went for a 26 week ultrasound for my twins and while they looked great.. my cervix is 1.44cm. So, after getting steroid shots and being monitored for contractions I got to go home and learn to live laying down! I just hit 27 weeks yesterday, so here's hoping that 28 gets here fast!  I go back today to have them remeasure my cervix, so keep your fingers crossed that it's a good visit!

So far work has been awesome about it and let me work from home, but I figured I'd ask you guys for some good TV/movie recommendations! 
image image 
Mom to the Lil Man and the Lil' Lady born at 33wks1day 

Re: Bedrest time

• Options
    The Fosters is a really good show imo :)
  • Options
    If you have Netflix, Orange is the New Black and House of Cards are amazing!

good luck!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ugh, good luck.  There were some great things about working from home, but also some not-so-great things.  Are you a Downton Abbey watcher?  If not, now's the time to get hooked!

Also, you can keep all the threads on this board pretty active.  :)

GL

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Options
    Good luck with everything! I imagine bedrest is not easy!

I agree about the important of netflix if you're going to be on bedrest! I believe you're in the U.S. (since most on this board are) and the U.S. netflix has a lot of great shows.

Here are some of my favorite shows (many are on netflix)

Bones
    Covert Affairs
    Alias
    Veronica Mars
    Raising Hope
    Mad About You
    Suits
    Drop Dead Diva
    Life
    Republic of Doyle
    Once Upon a Time
    West Wing
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Good luck at your appointment, hope everything is looking up.

I love the above shows (actually haven't started House of Cards but plan to watch it). We recently started watching Scandal and when Kaden was a newborn I watched a lot of Parenthood. One if my all time favorites is Firefly, though there's only one season.

Take care! :-)
  • Options
    Good suggestions above.  I also really enjoyed Call the Midwives, which is available on Netflix.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Oh man... I am sorry to hear about the bed rest. I imagine that has got to be tough. Keep us updated after your next appointment and good luck!

In terms of TV shows, some of my faves have already been mentioned, but here are a few other suggestions:

• NCIS, Rizzoli & Isles and Law & Order:SVU (if you like crime dramas)
    • Grey's Anatomy (if you like the fluffy, emotional stuff)
    • New Girl, Mom (if you are into sitcoms)

I also have periodic addictions with Words with Friends... I like to play it on my iPad. It can literally eat away hours of your life!

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    Thanks for the ideas! My netflix/hulu lists are quite full now! :)
    image image 
    Mom to the Lil Man and the Lil' Lady born at 33wks1day 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"