2nd Trimester
Options

Mommy brain is real, folks...

So last night, I go to the bathroom to brush my teeth before bed and I mix up these two commonly used yet NOWHERE similar hygiene products, and let me tell you this... That soap that's NOTHING like tropical fruit!

Anyone else wanna share some "mommy brain" stories about something ridiculous you've done while pregnant?

....................................................................................................................................... 

Big Sister Piper

Born at 37 weeks, strong NICU survivor

Friday, November 13th, 2009, 7:17 AM

Baby Brother Link

Born sleeping at 19 weeks with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus

Sunday, March 2nd, 2014, 7:27 PM

.......................................................................................................................................

Re: Mommy brain is real, folks...

• Options
    I haven't done anything that extreme lol. The worst I've done is forget to wash my hair in the shower...on top of forgetting the reason I go into any room. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I forgot how to operate my old car's headlights.  That was about a month ago.  Recently, I treated myself to a new car (the old one was 12 years old) and this one has automatic lights.  One less thing to feel horrible about when I can't remember basic operating features!

But still, I was so floored that night...I was like how could I forget how they work after TWELVE years...?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a knack for starting to cook things and then forgetting. I'm hoping I don't burn the house down.
  • Options
    This thread just made my day! Nothing to extreme for me. Ran into someone from high school at the grocery store with DH on Sunday. Stopped and chatted for a while then finally this is DH, DH, this is Allison....no...Allie...no Alissa I am so sorry.... 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This is definitely real!! So far I have.... Tried to pay for gas with my health savings card. Went to workout without shoes AND without a top. (Thankfully I was at home). And locked myself out of the house putting things in the recycle. Lol I am wondering what else I have to look forward to!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    At school yesterday I had to work extended day. We have a cell phone for parents to call us if they are running late. Well at the end 6 pm. I turned of the phone to put in the mailbox of the teacher who is in charge and ended up putting the phone in my pocket. Found out when I got to the car. Lol

Another thing. I lost my wallet. Been over a week. Still has not shown up. Somehow my debit card is in my coat so I still have that.

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I have forgotten my gym bag 3 out of 5 visits to the gym. This doesn't prevent me from working out, only having toiletries and a change of clothing to then go to work from there. I have forgotten items in my bag in the past, but the entire bag...never before this week!
  • Options
    EleanorKr said:

I answered my work phone by saying: "Battlestar Galactica" instead of my name. That was awkward.

oh my god!!!

=))

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Options
    When making dinner instead of putting the carrots back in the fridge I put them in the spice cabinet. And one day at my work one if my "regular" customers was telling me what they needed. And after a few seconds I looked. At them with a dumb look on my face and said "what did you just say"? Thank god they are regulars lol
  • Options
    Ugh, I put my cell phone in the refrigerator this morning. You gals are making me feel better about mommy brain though. This is hilarious/ridiculous.

Big Sister Piper

Born at 37 weeks, strong NICU survivor

Friday, November 13th, 2009, 7:17 AM

Baby Brother Link

Born sleeping at 19 weeks with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus

Sunday, March 2nd, 2014, 7:27 PM

• Options
    i looked for my car for 15 minutes today in the hospital garage, i pressed my lock button a billion times to hear it. i was on the wrong level.....
  • Options
    I went back to my car today after getting a few groceries and a car like my old one was 3 cars down from my new car (New as in had it over 2 years now).  I almost headed to the "old car" then had to stop and think about that wasn't my car, what do I drive now? Wait....was that what my last car looked like?  

Oh my....
    Praying this little one sticks!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm 21W3D today and I startled myself yesterday while exiting the parking because I saw my car on the mirror they put in there so you see cars coming from around the corner...I thought that my own car was a car coming towards me....I had to stop and look again and then thank God I was alone so that no one would laugh! LOL
    imageimage
    God Bless You my Little One
    Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
    Farida, at 8 weeks
  • Options
    The other day I needed to get money from the ATM. I put my card into the machine but could not remember my pin number. I've had the same pin number for 2 years. I was so embarrassed. #:-S
  • Options
    I couldn't back my brand new car out of the garage correctly yesterday.  I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to correct not to hit the stupid freaking garbage cans that are next to my car.  So while I screamed in anguish I scraped out of the garage, ruining my front left fender.  Tears of rage and agony and hormones all day long.  I feel like it's a huge tragedy even though I know it can be fixed.  Sigh.  I've never had a problem the previous 6 years in that garage...

• Options
    Put the milk in the pantry.. went to put something in the oven on a cookie sheet but instead put the stuff on a plate and put the plate in the oven... thought I turned off a flame on the stove when i was done cooking but instead just turned it all the way to low and it was burning for more than 2 hours :-\
  • Options
    After sifting over our checking accts for a few hours yesterday trying to figure out what was off...I realized I double paid a couple bills last month....W.T.F.
  • Options
    lks18lks18 member
    I just got a call from the OB's office telling me my AFP blood test results are in and they're normal.  So that is great news, but the mommy brain part is I was like, "Did they take blood last time I went to the OB?"  Now that I think about it, I can recall that the nurse did take blood.  Well, at least I wasn't nervously anticipating the results.  I am either super laid back or completely clueless.  The OB also said I am slightly anemic, though, so maybe that is contributing to my fog.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"