October 2013 Moms
Options

what is your wine choice?

Apologies for the huge picture... this made me think about 3/4 of you!

I fall into the Pinot Grigio/dry white category, but love the description for boxed wine!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: what is your wine choice?

• Options
    I am a Riesling or Pinot Noir type of person

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Anything red.

BFP: 1.19.2013 - EDD: 10.2.2013 - It's a girl! 9.25.13: Welcome Addison!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a Cab with dinner and Chardonnay if I'm just having a glass of wine... and they are boxes, but good boxes ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • Options
    Sauvignon Blanc FTW!

• Options
    I won't even lie I'm in the under $10/boxed wine category. I don't really drink wine and the ones I do are more sparkling or Boone's Farm (college days). I prefer liqour versus wine. Or beer I can drink beer.
  • Options
    Cabernet for red, and I used to be a Sauvignon Blanc for white until I discovered Moscato!!! So good.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BFP #1: Mother's Day 5/13/12...m/c Memorial Day Weekend 5/26/12 

BFP #2: 2/16/13...Owen Ray born 6 weeks early 9/9/13

photo e0fadb54-1cd9-4c5f-8086-5e25d4789dbe_zps5ef23e41.jpg
  • Options
    i HATE wine, but if I had to chose I'd probably pick riesling .  Is prosecco not wine?  Because I do love that shit.
  • Options
    Moscato FTW! And if I can find it, Moscato di Asti. Life changing, ladies :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Welcome Daniel! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image image
  • Options

With dinner, normally Cabernet.  Pre-dinner (if I choose wine), Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc. 

Generally speaking - I lean more towards red wine in the fall/winter and white wine in the summer. 

My absolute favorite pairing is oysters and champagne.  YUM! 

• Options
    Moscato or Riesling but the only time I've spent in Germany is the layover we had yeeeeeeeears ago.  ;))
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Sauv blancs from the Marlborough region of New Zealand. That sounds pretentious but there really is a huge difference based on where grapes are grown.
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• Options

I am a Riesling or Pinot Noir type of person

This exactly. And I've never been to Germany, so maybe it's my German heritage?
  • Options
    has615 said:
    Sauv blancs from the Marlborough region of New Zealand. That sounds pretentious but there really is a huge difference based on where grapes are grown.
    YES!  Totes agree!!!  Cloudy Bay FTW! 
  • Options
    I am a merlot girl. But not a steak girl so thats a funny description. I cant handle Moscato-way too sweet. I like a good Cab sometimes. I recently tried Melbec and didnt like it. Too dry for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm a red girl. Pinot Noir is what I drink lost often--and no, I do not mean to order the other Pinot. Lol. But I will take a merlot or can of PN is not an option.

I preferred white pre my first pregnancy. Since having DD1, I started preferring red.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I also like Pinot noir and Riesling.

#winefriends
  • Options
    Let's face it, most of the time I fall into the under $10 category unless we decide to drink one of our wine club bottles. Then I'm a cab or a Chardonnay (turning into my mother! Except my mom is actually a red wine gal).

And I do often pick a wine based on the label.

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
    TTC #2 in December 2014. BFP 12-31-14. Expecting a September baby!
  • Options
    Malbec. I must not be special enough to make the poster.
    This! I also love Zinfandel, not White Zinfandel, the delicious red one.
  • Options
    megs1409 said:

With dinner, normally Cabernet.  Pre-dinner (if I choose wine), Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc. 

Generally speaking - I lean more towards red wine in the fall/winter and white wine in the summer. 

My absolute favorite pairing is oysters and champagne.  YUM! 

I'm the same way. I can't wait for it to get warmer.. we've got some great white wines in at work and I'm ready to open them!

@carawasa - yes, prosecco is wine :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm in the moscato club, and could guzzle it like juice!!
  • Options
    deedee1017deedee1017 member
    edited February 2014
    Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Chardonnay. Moscato makes me want to die. Gross.
    So, I'm not a big wine drinker.  They have to be somewhat sweet for me to like it, which explains why I like love Moscato and Riesling.  I know which brands I like of those but I feel like such a little kid when it comes to all other wines.  Is it really an acquired taste?  I know nothing about reds other than it's what's in the communion cup on Sundays, goes well with red meat, and it makes great sangria.    I really dislike dry wines, from the ones I've tasted.

All you wine enthusiast, teach me something!  Or, I can just stick to margaritas.
    :-??

• Options
    I love Moscato.  I have a few of my favorite brands of Moscato.  I did get a cheapy bottle one time and it was blah!  They label was cute though. 

• Options
    Ajoyd said:

Let's face it, most of the time I fall into the under $10 category unless we decide to drink one of our wine club bottles. Then I'm a cab or a Chardonnay (turning into my mother! Except my mom is actually a red wine gal).

And I do often pick a wine based on the label.

One of my fav Cabs is under $10! Have you had Red Diamond before? Amazeballs.

• Options
    Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Chardonnay. Moscato makes me want to die. Gross.
    So, I'm not a big wine drinker.  They have to be somewhat sweet for me to like it, which explains why I like love Moscato and Riesling.  I know which brands I like of those but I feel like such a little kid when it comes to all other wines.  Is it really an acquired taste?  I know nothing about reds other than it's what's in the communion cup on Sundays, goes well with red meat, and it makes great sangria.    I really dislike dry wines, from the ones I've tasted.

All you wine enthusiast, teach me something!  Or, I can just stick to margaritas.
    I feel like it's an acquired taste, kind of like with beers too (@beernifer can teach you all about that!) If you're interested in trying some of the drier stuff, my recommendation would be to start with some drier whites before reds. Start with a Chard, Sauv Blanc or Vouvray or Torrontes (La Yunta is my favorite). There are also some great white wine blends that blend drier grapes with a tad of sweet so it's not so bad. After that, give reds a try. Some of my personal favorites for white blends are Brassfield Serenity and Stage Left Go Getter (although I know that one is only sold out of the winery in Cali or distributed in Indiana) Amberhill Secret White is a good blend and is on the sweeter side.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    hartsl01 said:

I feel like it's an acquired taste, kind of like with beers too (@beernifer can teach you all about that!) If you're interested in trying some of the drier stuff, my recommendation would be to start with some drier whites before reds. Start with a Chard, Sauv Blanc or Vouvray or Torrontes (La Yunta is my favorite). There are also some great white wine blends that blend drier grapes with a tad of sweet so it's not so bad. After that, give reds a try. Some of my personal favorites for white blends are Brassfield Serenity and Stage Left Go Getter (although I know that one is only sold out of the winery in Cali or distributed in Indiana) Amberhill Secret White is a good blend and is on the sweeter side.
    Thank you! I'll have to try some of your recommendations.  My family loves wine but every time they rave about a bottle I'm behind them passing it over to dh or pouring it out.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Fellow Moscato lover, here! I can't get enough!

Viva Diva by Christina Millian makes a delicious mango Moscato that is slightly bubbly. Yummm

Bartenura Moscato is my all-time favorite.
  • Options
    I've been interested in expanding my wine repertoire. Where do I start from Moscato? I cannot stand ANYTHING dry. It's torture for my tastebuds. Any suggestions, anyone?
  • Options
    Reisling or moscato. Or a white zin.

#whitewineswin
    #alliterationawesomeness

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    has615 said:

Totally agree about the regional grapes. My personal favorite is Lodi Zinfandel.
    Great. Now I will *have* to go try a Marlborough Sauv Blanc. It's like getting homework.
  • Options
    DH and I drink almost exclusively Cabs. Our current favorite that is a little more expensive is Dry Creek Vineyard...seriously delicious!
    A neighbor gave me a bottle of a French Sauvignon Blanc that I fell in love with, but haven't been able to find it since...so sad.
  • Options
    I've been interested in expanding my wine repertoire. Where do I start from Moscato? I cannot stand ANYTHING dry. It's torture for my tastebuds. Any suggestions, anyone?
    Our favorites are: 
    Cupcake moscato

naked grape moscato

• Options
    If you want other wines besides Moscato... try a White Zin or Sweet Red. I'm not sure where you are located, but if you are in a state that Oliver is distributed, you'd probably enjoy their Soft Red, it's very sweet, like grape juice. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I suggest Yellowtail (like $12 for a big bottle, but you could start with the standard size). It's cheap and delicious and a teensy bit bubbly. Loves it.

• Options
    Under $10 category, and I do pick based on which label is cutest/funniest. Bonus points for an interesting bottle shape.
  • Options
    I suggest Yellowtail (like $12 for a big bottle, but you could start with the standard size). It's cheap and delicious and a teensy bit bubbly. Loves it.
    Someone gave us a bottle for Christmas.  I put it in the fridge the other night to have some and then forgot.  I've never tried their moscato. I'm so excited! LOL

• Options
    hartsl01hartsl01 member
    edited February 2014
    Haha, I was going to post this... we actually distribute these for the state... they come in white, black, blue, orange, green, red and pink. And we've also got this fun bottle..
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"