May 2014 Moms
Options

Can't get my rings off!

I can't get my rings off this morning, even after slathering lotion all over my finger. I suspect it's because I had a lot of sodium yesterday, so my game plan is low sodium and lots of water and decaf coffee and tea today and hopefully I will be able to get them off tomorrow morning (I think morning is the least bloated time of day). If not, it will be time to try all the internet tricks like Windex and Preparation H! Once I get them off, I am sad to say that they are going to stay off the rest of the pregnancy.

I am a STM, but I can't remember at what point I had to take the rings off with the last pregnancy. I think it was later (I am about 28.5 weeks).
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Can't get my rings off!

• Options
    I take mine off before bed and just about every morning I can't get mine on until I go out in the cold and fingers get smaller. Ha. Then I am ok for the day. Just mornings my fingers are swelled. I can't seem to remember when I couldn't wear anymore with first baby either. Oh the fun!!! Hope you can get off soon!
  • Options
    Hmm, maybe I am wrong about morning being the best time of day to try to get them off... I will try again tonight before bed.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I took mine off a few weeks ago because of a bad time last pregnancy. Once my fingers swelled the ring finger didn't go back down. I had to pry my rings off with lotion and soap and ice water and in the process hurt myself pretty badly. My finger was bruised and painful for several days after.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Options
    My fingers are always the most swollen in the morning! :)  I would drink lots of water today, use some lotion and try again later.  Or...if you find yourself freezing cold at all today...that would be a good time to try!  Whenever I go outside my fingers seem to shrink and my rings get way more lose!! :)  
    imageimageimage
  • Options

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Options
    I haven't been able to wear my rings for about 2 months or so, my fingers are so swollen.. I hope they go back to normal after baby is here!! Good luck getting your rings off.
  • Options
    This. I shared this one with my DH when I saw it because his ring CANNOT be cut off and he works on cars often. I'd give it a try.
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Morning will be hard no matter what (even not pregnant I can't move mine in the morning) because you're swollen in the AM. 

The best way for me is for my hands to be cold (which, in the winter, is a lot of the time!).
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    In the morning my fingers are so swollen I can't get them back on. I usually wait until after I've gotten up and about for the swelling to go down.
  • Options
    Mine has been off for a few weeks now. My knuckle is pretty big and is usually the culprit, but when I realized it looked like my skin was trying to eat my ring, it was time to go. Even after a few weeks there is still a bit of an impression. Good luck getting it off!
  • Options
    Dunking my hand in ice water then spraying my finger with windex did the trick! Here is a post-removal pic.
  • Options
    amroke said:
    Dunking my hand in ice water then spraying my finger with windex did the trick! Here is a post-removal pic.
    Glad you got it off! I've been in fake rings for over 3 weeks because my rings kept getting stuck/giving me eczema. If you go down that route, I recommend Kohl's. I've gotten so many compliments on my completely fake $18 ring! Haha. DH was joking, "Well, if I had known a fake one would be so convincing..."

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Options
    My Dad's BF is a jeweler and when people come in with rings stuck on he gives them a "Magic ring remover solution" (Windex) to try and it works 9 out of 10 times.  All the employees always get a good laugh after the person asks if they can buy a bottle. They tell them to go to the supermarket and buy it in the cleaning aisle for $0.99.
    BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Options
    I haven't been able to wear my rings since I was about 11 weeks....I'm glad you got it off!
  • Options
    XathXath member
    edited February 2014
    amroke said:

Glad you got it off!
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    When I worked in a gift shop, I would use hand sanitizer to help customers get rings off that they tried on that were too small for them. Just another tip to try. Glad you got the ring off! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"