September 2014 Moms
Options

*~*~*~*~UO Thursday~*~*~*~*

JustCricketJustCricket member
edited February 2014 in September 2014 Moms
Spill it! What is your UO for the day!

I'll start...

while I'm on the fence about recreational use of marijuana (completely ok with it's use medicinally) leaning more towards, whatever, I don't care make it legal...

I completely disagree when people say it isn't addictive. While it may not be the same type of physical addiction you see with other drugs or subtances (ie nicotine, caffeine, heroine) I hands down think it is more than possible for someone to become psychologically addicted. When I hear someone say "I can quit anytime, I just don't want to" while they lose their job, or "I can't just smoke pot once, if I do smoke I end up smoking every day, I'm not addicted, I just need it to relax" I think that is an addiction.
ETA- I also think the 'addiction rate' is definitely a bit lower than other substances... but if someone is predisposed to addiction, I wouldn't be surprised if they got addicted to pot

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image

Re: *~*~*~*~UO Thursday~*~*~*~*

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    AnyMax said:
    This board is not a blog. Several women of S14 should start a blog or keep a journal.
    Tell us whooooo image

imageimage

• Options
    Here's one. I hate when my colleagues who are old enough and financially stable enough to retire choose to stay on. It's never the ones who are still dynamic and willing to do new things - it's always the ones who were at one time fantastic educators but not anymore. The school could hire two or more new teachers for the same $ some of these people are getting. There is something to be said for wisdom in experience - the chairperson of my department is 63 and the most brilliant person & innovative teacher I know. Of course, she is counting the days until she can retire. The 70 year old who lectures from her seat every day and has the lowest pass and mastery rates... She wants to leave the building in a box (her quote).

imageimage

• Options
    AnyMax said:
    This board is not a blog. Several women of S14 should start a blog or keep a journal.

So it's NOT ok for me to start a thread about the glorious iced latte & sprinkle donut that I finally gave in & got? Bummer...
    Dunkin donuts has brownie batter donuts...AND they have sprinkles on top. Double win.
    Don't think there isn't one of those, with my name on it, still in the box. If someone else touches it, they will die.

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • Options
    I think bumper stickers are stupid (even the honor student ones) and vanity license plates are vain.  I side eye both.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Options
    AnyMaxAnyMax member
    edited February 2014
    mytinc said:

I think bumper stickers are stupid (even the honor student ones) and vanity license plates are vain.  I side eye both.

You would just LOOOOOOOVE my car ;)

ETA: Never ever will I ever put the stick figure family on my car.

• Options
    I hate that my mom has already sent us "Mommy loves you" and "Daddy loves you" baby things.  I'me donating them to the Humane Society thrift shop.  I want to buy the things that should obviously be from "Mommy" and "Daddy".  

PSA: I know this is petty, but my mom is an overwhelming personality, and has already become a control freak about my pregnancy from 2500 miles away.  She called and bitched at me for not calling to tell her I had a migraine yesterday, which she found out by texting DH 6 times while he was at work about why I wasn't answering my phone.
    BFP 11/24/2012  MMC 1/21/2013 - BFP 3/29/2013  MC 4/8/2013 - BFP 4/25/2013 MC 5/6/2013 - 5/17/2013 Diagnosed with LPD - BFP 8/24/13  MC 9/6/2013
    BFP: 12/19/13  - Beta 1@11dpo: 26.8 - Beta 6@23dpo: 3,672
    Our Rainbow Son Born August 26, 2014
    Lilypie - (nueR)
    All ALers welcome!
  • Options
    mytinc said:

I agree and particularly side eye the ones with the stick figure family. I feel you're giving way too much personal information to strangers and just open yourself for potential crime

Agreed.  It doesn't matter to me if the stick figures are zombies, cats, or anything else.  I really don't need to know that much about you when I pass you on the highway.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Options
    AnyMax said:

So it's NOT ok for me to start a thread about the glorious iced latte & sprinkle donut that I finally gave in & got? Bummer...
    Dunkin donuts has brownie batter donuts...AND they have sprinkles on top. Double win.
    Don't think there isn't one of those, with my name on it, still in the box. If someone else touches it, they will die.
    Thanks, now I want a donut!  But I plan on making these later today, so....
    photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• Options
    I hate the way modern vampires are all sexified and glittery. Give me Bela Lugosi any day.

• Options
    @henderson1026 You better bring enough for the whole class.
    anyone who wants to drive to my house is welcome :)
    photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• Options
    @mrssparklebottom I celebrate them as Christian holidays, too. I'm just saying we took pagan traditions as our own
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

S14 August Siggy Challenge.....ALL OF THE ALCOHOLS

• Options

People who believe Jesus was white need to study up on their geography. What does it matter what color he was?

Americans white wash everything. Tom Cruise was a better samurai than an Asian dude who literally grew up with it? Shredder is being played by the whitest dude evar. We like our honkies.

I laughed so hard at my desk I nearly peed, that last quote seriously made my day!
  • Options
    mytinc said:
    mytinc said:

I agree and particularly side eye the ones with the stick figure family. I feel you're giving way too much personal information to strangers and just open yourself for potential crime

Agreed.  It doesn't matter to me if the stick figures are zombies, cats, or anything else.  I really don't need to know that much about you when I pass you on the highway.

What's worse are the stickers of a baseball player with the kids name and jersey number. You are giving out WAY too much information to creepers.
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I work for a catholic hospital and they have fought tooth and nail to not cover birth control because they are a catholic institution.  However, I find it incredibly hypocritical that they are now covering unmarried SO (be it man and woman, or same sex).  I am not saying that they can't cover them, I just feel if you are claiming birth control is such a "sin"  and you can't possibly cover it with your health insurance, why then are you covering people "living in sin" 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mytinc said:

mytinc said:

My favorites are the ones I see on military bases. Stick figure families complete with a mommy or daddy stick figure in uniform (whatever branch they are in). The best part is that they sell these things at the stores on base.

Me: 31 DH: 31
    Married 08/11/12 & TTC Since 10/13
    Previous Endo and Ovarian Cyst DX 
    March 2010: Lap. Surgery & D&C--removed 2 cysts 
    BFP: 12/20/2013 EDD: 09/03/2014 
    Travis Karel arrived on 08/21/2014 at 38w1d.
    BFP #2!  Travis is getting a sibling!
    EDD: 1/24/2017

Mama to my two furbabies Sam and Phoenix

• Options
    If you are on your third or more 'surprise' pregnancy, I think you are full of it. Accidents happen, birth control fails ... But three or more times? Yeah right. I think you aren't actually trying to prevent and therefore it shouldn't be 'surprising' that sex = baby.
    I'm meaner than you. I give you one oops, two if you tried something other than condoms or the pill for BC. Did you not remember how the others were made??? SEX WITH NO PROTECTION!

--------------

My sister was on the pill, she took it religiously (after 3 miscarriages she didn't want to go through all of it again). She got pregnant TWICE on the pill and both babies went full term and are happy and healthy! They were both "oopsie" babies but we're happy to have them! 
  • Options
    I have a hard time believing you're not homophobic if you believe homosexuality is a sin.
  • Options
    carmstr4 said:
    I remember mine!!!!

I HATE the "N word". Not because it is offensive (hello, cracker is offensive too) But because we call it the "N word" like Voldemort.  And that its okay to say for some but not others.  It is ludicrous.  It makes me angry. Either 'decriminalize' the word completely (like people thing they are doing by saying nigga isn't offensive but nigger is? give me a BREAK...that's like saying motherfucker is offensive but motherfucka isn't) or NO ONE say it. Saying it is okay for black people and not for white is just another example of racial divides that shouldn't be around anymore.
    My DH and I call each other "cracker." If this baby is a boy, he wants to name him Graeme. I vetoed immediately. I actually don't remember where the nn came from. 

imageimage

• Options
    Well just because this UO thread is kinda lame today...I'll try to spice it up a little...

In regards to having kids out of wedlock. I understand "oops" babies happen (I had sex before marriage so it could've happened to me), and I also fully agree with parents not staying together if it is an unhealthy, unhappy, and/or loveless relationship (not good for the kids or parents). Call me old school, but I don't understand why people chose to have children out of wedlock. I know there are a million situations out there that probably make sense, but I just feel like kids are much more binding then a marriage. SIL just had this conversation with her parents and I, that her and her BF would like kids soon but don't feel like marriage is important, and none of us understood her theory. I do think marriage is important. And not even for religious reasons. I just think it is an important commitment to one another. And everyone says it doesn't change a thing, but really it does. DH and I owned a house together and lived together before we were married, but our first year was actually still tough, I can't imagine having kids thrown in the mix.

Now just to clarify, I don't judge people for it, I guess I really just don't understand why marriage isn't seen as important to some people, religious or not. To each their own!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Well just because this UO thread is kinda lame today...I'll try to spice it up a little... In regards to having kids out of wedlock. I understand "oops" babies happen (I had sex before marriage so it could've happened to me), and I also fully agree with parents not staying together if it is an unhealthy, unhappy, and/or loveless relationship (not good for the kids or parents). Call me old school, but I don't understand why people chose to have children out of wedlock. I know there are a million situations out there that probably make sense, but I just feel like kids are much more binding then a marriage. SIL just had this conversation with her parents and I, that her and her BF would like kids soon but don't feel like marriage is important, and none of us understood her theory. I do think marriage is important. And not even for religious reasons. I just think it is an important commitment to one another. And everyone says it doesn't change a thing, but really it does. DH and I owned a house together and lived together before we were married, but our first year was actually still tough, I can't imagine having kids thrown in the mix. Now just to clarify, I don't judge people for it, I guess I really just don't understand why marriage isn't seen as important to some people, religious or not. To each their own!
    Marriage just isn't for everyone. There are people who are perfectly happy to just be in a committed relationship without making it legally binding. I don't need to understand everyone's life choices.

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • Options

I don't need to understand everyone's life choices.

On mobile, so I can't bold, and I don't know if I edited this text box correctly...

Clearly, I personally think marriage is important. But I COMPLETELY agree with your last sentence.
  • Options
    @blue+skies you are terrible at spicing things up! Too damn polite and nonjudgey. You have to say something nuttier than "I don't understand but I won't judge".

FTR hubs and I lived together for 4 years (and were dating for 10) before getting married. Not because marriage isn't important to us but because we both are so serious about it that we didn't want to rush into it.
  • Options
    @steelersgirl83 - I'm seriously tearing up reading that. I am so glad that you both found someone so perfect for each of you! It's so corny to say you find what you need when you stop looking, but I find it is so often true. Best of luck to both of you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"