Multiples

Car DVD player?

Those of you that have a portable DVD player for your car for long trips... 7" or 9"? Brand? Can they play different DVD or the same DVD? Remote? Do you wish you got a different one? TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Car DVD player?

• We actually just purchased them this past weekend for a long trip coming up. We bought Phillips brand and it came with 2 9" screens. It plays the same video at the same time (I *think* it might play separate ones too but I have to read the manual still). But they're great...we and they love them so far. No remote though but that would be nice!
    Fraternal twin boys born at 33 weeks 4 days Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I heard that the remote is nice, but it has to point at the screen to work which is hard from the front seat.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • AmyJoy728 said:
    I heard that the remote is nice, but it has to point at the screen to work which is hard from the front seat.

exactly my thinking. The way they're set up I can reach behind the passenger seat to hit play, volume etc but to change a DVD we would need to be stopped regardless so so far I haven't seen it to be an issue.
    Fraternal twin boys born at 33 weeks 4 days Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought an RCA set at Target about a year ago. They can play the same movie or different ones. They also have separate remotes. I've started having trouble with them freezing up after about 30 minutes (which can be a big deal if you're on a long road trip and stuck in traffic).  Also, I didn't realize it, but when I turn off the van, like at the gas pump, it doesn't have the battery memory like other models I've owned- therefore, the DVD starts all over again when you crank up the van and you have to navigate through the previews/menu to get back to where you left off. Depending on the ages of your kids, that can be a pain in the patootie.

The nice thing about them being portable is that we've been able to use them with a wall adapter at the hotel or at my parents' house since their DVD player is messed up.

I was in a rush to buy this set because we were leaving town the next day & I didn't have time to research online and order a better quality set.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"