June 2013 Moms

Clicky Poll - Easter Baskets

GraceInCAGraceInCA member
edited February 2014 in June 2013 Moms

Will baby get an easter basket?

Clicky Poll - Easter Baskets 160 votes

Yes, we will definitely make an Easter basket for baby.
55% 88 votes
Probably.
15% 24 votes
Undecided. Easter? Come on girl, there's still snow on the ground in most places.
14% 23 votes
No, we celebrate Easter as a religious holiday only.
3% 5 votes
No, we don't celebrate Easter as a religious or secular holiday.
6% 10 votes
Grace, put away the Sexy Easter Bunny costume. You're scaring the children.
6% 10 votes

Re: Clicky Poll - Easter Baskets

• Yes, my mom is in the process of weaving him one.  I wanted it mainly for pictures this year, but since we will have it, I will probably put a book in there and maybe like some puffs or a little toy or something like that.  There won't be much in it this year!
  • We thought about a little basket with some toys she can play with, maybe an outfit
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not doing an Easter basket this year, but will most likely do one next year. I still plan to get him a little stuff bunny from the store still.

imageimageimage

• Ds1 definitely will and I will probably get one ready like the night before for DS2 in case G starts asking questions about why the bunny didn't bring one for Lo. It will probably be empty wrappers from candy my husband ate before it got into G's basket. Lo likes wrappers more than anything in the world anyway so that works! The grandparents go nuts with chocolate though and DH and I don't eat milk chocolate so I keep things really small because we have honestly had chocolate go bad in our house before. (Dark chocolate is my go to!) I did an Easter book and a bunch of empty plastic eggs last year and that was hours of kiddo fun.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We are traveling so I don't really want to bother with it but my family will probably insist on doing something for her so I will let them.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • I bought an unopened PBK basket from my SIL, so yes we will be doing a basket. No candy this year but probably puffs and a toy and a book.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Yes. Ds1 gets one and so will ds2. I don't load them up with candy though. I usually do a few pieces of candy (like a chocolate bunny and cross) and then buy some books, play doh, Thomas the train toys, etc. ds1 will strictly get some small toys this year and books. Next year we'll let him enjoy some chocolate.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes, but my sister will make one because she says that it's part of her godmother duties to do so. Whatever...

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My mom got one for Joshers. We probably would have but Idk what to put in it. Probably a cute bib or onesie or something. 

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• edited February 2014
    I think we will get one and put a few toys in. We always had a basket growing up.

image image

• kelly422kelly422 member
    edited February 2014
    @majwv8 said:
    I just ordered a personalized one last week  :)

Where did you get those? Super cute!
  • We celebrate the resurrection and will do Easter baskets when she's older, I just don't know if it's worth it to do one now just for photos.
    Exactly same for us. I haven't decided if it is worth the trouble of putting one together for him this year.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Another atheist here.  We never got baskets as kids.  We did have an egg search and that was it. So no baskets in our house.  And I have to have me some deviled eggs!

• My husband and I never had baskets.  I am not a be candy person.  And I don't think gifts need to given.   Gifts are for Birthdays and Christmas.   But that is my opinion.  If others do baskets that is great.  I just think another day to spend $$$.  And to be honest with you I never felt like I missed out.  The Easter Bunny hid the eggs and it was fun finding them.  Except that one year we didn't find one until a week later.  I actually almost changed this and I might next year.  But this year she won't understand the basket idea anyway.

• CTGirl30 said:

I'm curious why no baskets if you're not religious? Especially if you're doing other components of the day, like an egg hunt / having foods associated with the holiday?

We are not religious so we don't do the "Christ has risen" aspect of Easter but we have a nice family dinner, make the Italian Easter bread & color eggs and do a hunt with DD in the backyard and the kids will get baskets with some fun stuff in there.

Same idea as Christmas. We are not religious but we still a tree, a nice meal, give gifts and enjoy the family together aspect & traditions.

We are not religious - agnostic mostly - but I love me some holidays.  We do it all. Christmas tree, menorah and dreidl, Kwanzaa candles, Easter bunnies and egg hunting, you name it we've done it. I just love any excuse to decorate, eat, and celebrate. 

• GraceInCA said:

CTGirl30 said:

I'm curious why no baskets if you're not religious? Especially if you're doing other components of the day, like an egg hunt / having foods associated with the holiday?

We are not religious so we don't do the "Christ has risen" aspect of Easter but we have a nice family dinner, make the Italian Easter bread & color eggs and do a hunt with DD in the backyard and the kids will get baskets with some fun stuff in there.

Same idea as Christmas. We are not religious but we still a tree, a nice meal, give gifts and enjoy the family together aspect & traditions.

We are not religious - agnostic mostly - but I love me some holidays.  We do it all. Christmas tree, menorah and dreidl, Kwanzaa candles, Easter bunnies and egg hunting, you name it we've done it. I just love any excuse to decorate, eat, and celebrate. 
    Welcome to Unitarianism grace! DH likes to call it his evangelical agnostic church. I was raised catholic and he was Unitarian but UU covers everything so we practice there as a family. And oh boy do they celebrate everything!

• calikat80 said:
    CTGirl30 said:

Welcome to Unitarianism grace! DH likes to call it his evangelical agnostic church. I was raised catholic and he was Unitarian but UU covers everything so we practice there as a family. And oh boy do they celebrate everything!
    I have been to the Unitarian church out here in Santa Monica.  It's pretty cool.  Unfortunately, I feel like I'm sacrificing time when I go, because I like my non-work time to be family fun chill time, and "church" in my head still feels like a chore.

• Not this year, but in the future yes. We got them as kids and I loved it. My mom always made every holiday special and I would like to do the same for our kids.

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• GraceInCA said:
    calikat80 said:
    CTGirl30 said:

I have been to the Unitarian church out here in Santa Monica.  It's pretty cool.  Unfortunately, I feel like I'm sacrificing time when I go, because I like my non-work time to be family fun chill time, and "church" in my head still feels like a chore.
    Yeah I feel the same way. We actually rarely go now, but when we do we go there and we are part of the community I guess. Were you the one who really likes Arrested Development on here? If you were it was kind of weird fate- they just emailed me the title of the service for this weekend and it was, "There's always money in the banana stand!" UU are a pretty homogeneous bunch- they all like AD, all voted for Obama and all drive Priuses. It actually drives me crazy sometimes but it's just because we're walking stereotypes. Once at some ceremony involving bread they announced the bread being used was "gluten-free, vegan and organic." That scored an eye-roll from me.  

• calikat80 said:

Yeah I feel the same way. We actually rarely go now, but when we do we go there and we are part of the community I guess. Were you the one who really likes Arrested Development on here? If you were it was kind of weird fate- they just emailed me the title of the service for this weekend and it was, "There's always money in the banana stand!" UU are a pretty homogeneous bunch- they all like AD, all voted for Obama and all drive Priuses. It actually drives me crazy sometimes but it's just because we're walking stereotypes. Once at some ceremony involving bread they announced the bread being used was "gluten-free, vegan and organic." That scored an eye-roll from me.  
    I do love AD. Yes, it's a huge walking stereotype out here as well. Their kid program is awesome - it's like little fun lessons in world religions, so I'll probably start taking my son more often. He loved it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"