January 2014 Moms
Options

Developmental Milestones - By Age or Weight?

Just curious if anyone else had a bigger baby and is finding your little one hitting development milestones at a faster pace?  I had my baby a week late and she weighed 9 lbs. 1/2 oz. and I am just amazed at what she is able to do that typically doesn't occur until a much later age (i.e. rolling over from belly to back at only 3 weeks.. what???).
imageimage

Lilypie - (75Jo)

Re: Developmental Milestones - By Age or Weight?

• Options
    I would think being a week late might play in more than weight (just like preemies are often on an adjusted schedule). But who knows, babies vary a lot too. My first was small and rolling himself over very early. This kid is huge and not quite managing (but trying!).
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    I agree it probably has more to do with their gestational age when they were born. DD was born right at 40 weeks and DS was born at 37 weeks. DD seems to be further along developmentally. She doesn't need be swaddled 24/7 like DS, she smiled sooner than him, and sleeps longer than he did at this age.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses; it will be interesting to see how things continue. :)
    imageimage

Lilypie - (75Jo)

• Options
    A big head weighs a lot an the kid will roll over early. My nephew rolled over very early and didn't walk until 14 months. My daughter rolled over at 4 months and walked at 9 months. Milestones are a range so I don't think it matters as long as in the range.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"