September 2012 Moms
Options

Name question- any teasing potential

I would rather ask you guys than the baby names board...

We have a name picked out for baby #2 and I can not think of any way he would be teased for it or the initials, but I always like to run it by others to make sure I am not missing something. 

We will be naming him Bennett Hugh.  Our last name starts with an A and is a very common last name.  In my husband's family it is a tradition for the first born son to have a first name that starts with B and middle name Hugh (my H goes by his middle name because he hates his first name).  Bennett is a family name, plus we just like it and like that it can be shortened to Ben if he wants to when he is older. 

So I am missing something?  Does Bennett Hugh sound like something terrible or is it the name of some horrible person that I don't know about?  Does BHA stand for something that I do not know about?  Any teasing potential based on the name alone?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Name question- any teasing potential

• Options
    Kids are going to find something to tease about no matter what.  I don't see any obvious teasing issue and I like the name.
  • Options
    I like your choice!

The ONLY thing I can think of is Braxton Hicks for those initials (BH) so I'd say your safe as far as name jokes go.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Well first of all, I love the name ;)

I can't see anything straight forward that he could be teased for. Thankfull you didn't pick a "J" name for the MN "BJ". We stayed away from John for that reason (DH's MN). Welcome to the Bennett club!

• Options
    I think it's a great name. The only potential for anything even remotely 'off' IMHO, is that his monogram would be BAH, since the last name goes in the middle. That wouldn't deter me, though :)
  • Options
    Kids are going to find something to tease about no matter what.  I don't see any obvious teasing issue and I like the name.
    Oh yeah, I know, but I don't want to make it easy for them :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Hugh will be made fun of.

Hugh Janus

Hugh Jerection

Bennett is relatively normal and harmless though.

Yeah, my H has gotten some of those, ha.  Starbucks always writes Huge on his cups, which is ridiculous, come on Starbucks, do you really think his name is Huge? 
  • Options
    You know I love the name!

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Hugh Janus

Hugh Jerection

Yeah, my H has gotten some of those, ha.  Starbucks always writes Huge on his cups, which is ridiculous, come on Starbucks, do you really think his name is Huge
    STUCK
    You could make other women think it is...you lucky girl! So inappropriate I know haha

• Options
    Pokedot said:

Hugh Janus

Hugh Jerection

Yeah, my H has gotten some of those, ha.  Starbucks always writes Huge on his cups, which is ridiculous, come on Starbucks, do you really think his name is Huge
    STUCK
    You could make other women think it is...you lucky girl! So inappropriate I know haha

Well obviously it is, I would never marry someone that people called tiny, haha. ;-)
  • Options
    I'm just taking out the H and referring to him as BA from now on for Bad Ass. :-)
    Well, he will be bad ass so that's not a problem :-)
  • Options
    Great name!

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Love it! And I'm dying at LL's Hugh names.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    I think it's a great name! Maybe I'm weird, or have a selective memory, but in all the teasing I witnessed in my youth rarely was it because of a person's name or initials...

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Options
    I love it. Such a great name choice.

• Options
    Stasi said:

I think it's a great name! Maybe I'm weird, or have a selective memory, but in all the teasing I witnessed in my youth rarely was it because of a person's name or initials...

I had a very long German last name that started with Busch and ended in something that could easily be converted into fucker, so I got that a lot. If you are curious what it is, I do have it listed in my name on Facebook :-)

• Options
    I love your name choice!  I think Audrey and Bennett are a great sib-set too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    cmarie520 said:

I love your name choice!  I think Audrey and Bennett are a great sib-set too!

Thanks!
  • Options
    BobKat22 said:

I love Bennett! It's my #1 choice and DH's #2.

The only thing I could think of to make fun of it was "Ben Hugh/you....over". But that's a stretch. 
    See, this is why I asked, I never thought of this! It's not that big of a deal since we plan calling him Bennett, and it's just a middle name, but it's good to know that this could happen. Of course Ben has the potential of Ben Dover/bend over regardless of the middle/last name, haha.

• Options
    I had a last name that was hand. Imagine that in high school.

"I will show you the kind of big sister I will be..."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"