Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Potty Training Help - repost from potty training board

I posted this on the potty training board, but then I realized it is more for people in the process of potty training than who already went through it. I guess I am just looking for anyone who was in a similar situation as me and how I can go about getting my child to want to sit on the potty or if is just too soon and I should wait? I have attached the link. Thank You.

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12272689/potty-training-question-for-child-with-potty-issues#latest

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Potty Training Help - repost from potty training board

• Options
    Do you have friends with kids around the same age?  Kids love to mimic each other.  I recently had a potty party at my house.  Even though my daughter has been going on the potty for a year now none of her friends were.  We played games like pin the toddler on the potty, read books about the potty, and design your own big girl panties.  We had each child take a turn sitting on the little potty seat if they wanted.  Three kids had no desire to do so, two were scared to even get close to it.

When each child sat on the potty we all cheered and they received an m&m.  We did not push the other three to sit down, just asked once.  Later in the party each of those three kids went up to the potty on their own, examined it, and sat down. 

Since the party at least half have made huge potty training strides, two of the kids who didn't want to sit on the potty are now doing great in the training process. 

Sometimes it helps to see other kids doing things.  Reading can also help.  Make it as low pressure as possible.  Going number 2 in the potty can help with the constipation pain, since it's not being massed into the diaper.  My daughter has constipation issues like that sometimes and it's not fun, but she prefers to do it in the big potty.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"