Parenting
Options

Coming soon: social groups!

Re: Coming soon: social groups!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How about a Bump-sponsored Post Secret? Since we're talking about things that could never backfire horribly. Maybe the Bump gods are just placing bets on what it will take to turn this place into "lord of the flies".
    I vote that they're hoping for a mass exodus ala proboards so they can get rid of us and get in new blood that won't be so...opinionated.  
    That would be ballsy. I remember the marketing info graphics posted on gbcn after the exodus. They were not pretty for tb.
    Yuuuuup. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    @lisajay09 which BMB?
    Oct '11.
    I was Nov '11 and we all went to FB (still there). Thought it would be weird if it was the same one
    Close! I just don't want the FB thing. Not for me.
    Well you miss out on some of our fun. It's quite entertaining from time to time. It also helped figuring out the nonvet situation.
    Somehow after all this time, I'm still not in a FB group with Parenting peeps.  Why is that....
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    elmoali said:

lisajay09 said:

susanb887 said:

lisajay09 said:

susanb887 said:

@lisajay09 which BMB?

Oct '11.
    I was Nov '11 and we all went to FB (still there). Thought it would be weird if it was the same one

Close! I just don't want the FB thing. Not for me.
    Well you miss out on some of our fun. It's quite entertaining from time to time. It also helped figuring out the nonvet situation.

Somehow after all this time, I'm still not in a FB group with Parenting peeps.  Why is that....

Neither am I. I do appreciate the efforts of the Facebook groups in relation to things like the non vet situation.

Since I'm apparently gullible and miss all the obvious signs.

image image
  • Options
    I'm on a Facebook group because some of our regulars stopped being able to use the nest at all after the changes and somebody got found by an IRL person.

We still post on the board and on FB...seems like a win win situation.

Our Little Raspberry Born 3/27/12
  • Options
    Beej responded on TTGP.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options

One word, Beej. 

Emjay. 

I'm doing a quick write up summary of questions and concerns. Can you fill me in on the specifics of this?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options
    Why are they adding private groups when things need improved on the TB website/boards that are already in place?! Like formatting so it was easier to navigate from board to board. Or how about eliminating all the 2010 BMB's (which don't exist anymore) from the list.
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    LuckyDad said:

One word, Beej. 

Emjay. 

I'm doing a quick write up summary of questions and concerns. Can you fill me in on the specifics of this?
    @cruelsound can sum up better than I can.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    This is what she said @mrsbutt

I wanted to get feedback, so left the comments open. MauiBliss -- 
    The idea behind this was to 1) cut down some of the "bullying" (I use that loosely) -- creating a "safe zone" for users and 2) allowing users to talk about whatever they wanted v. trying to keep convos baby focused. It will also help for situations like when we close birth month clubs after 2 years - members can still keep their boards, etc. I also see this becoming a good way for moms with specialty pregnancy/newborn cases to connect by creating their own board.

There will be a limit as to how many boards members can create - so it won't be as simple as creating a board everyday based on something that went down.

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    GDI, CRUEL.

I meant about the offboard shenanigans and how they bled into TB as an example of how private boards are almost always a BAD IDEA.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    And obviously we're the loosely termed "bullies" they're talking about. 
    ::nods::

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    Where is @whocanitbenow with her flame thrower?!

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options
    LuckyDad said:

One word, Beej. 

Emjay. 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    All those badges will be irrelevant with private groups tho

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options
    MrsBadKat said:
    And I'm in the lonely club of supporters. I like the idea of being able to speak privately with you creepers without having to add you to my Facebook friends. It's like being social media fuck buddies. I like you and think you're a lot of fun, but I'm not ready to introduce you to the family.
    I don't think private groups are a bad idea. For example, One could make a private board for a GTG that was being planned. The downside there would be it would make it harder for us jealous peepers to spy on your planning.

I think the dreaded option 2 is poorly thought out. My biggest concern with "Make Your Own Public Board" is how exactly they will handle spam and TOU violations.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options
    So since private groups are not moderated by TB if some troll comes in and just blasts tons of personal info that was never shared on TB... this is all just fine and dandy?
    Bingo. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    Hilarity is banging all the points home...I'm jelly of the points...
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Options

While I don't like the idea of random private groups that anyone can start, I do think it could be beneficial to the BMB's. They could offer a private group to the old BMB's that are being shut down. Make an announcement that in 30 or 60 days the board would be shut down and if they would like to start a private group they could do so and to email the BG's.  

They only recently shut down the 2010 BMB's. There was no warning or announcement's made. The Aug 10 BMB migrated to FB about a month prior so it was dead anyways but they could have offered a private group 2 years ago and it would have been a good option at the time.

Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    I think it's a bad idea too ... but we could all, you know, just not participate, right?

• Options

While I don't like the idea of random private groups that anyone can start, I do think it could be beneficial to the BMB's. They could offer a private group to the old BMB's that are being shut down. Make an announcement that in 30 or 60 days the board would be shut down and if they would like to start a private group they could do so and to email the BG's.  

They only recently shut down the 2010 BMB's. There was no warning or announcement's made. The Aug 10 BMB migrated to FB about a month prior so it was dead anyways but they could have offered a private group 2 years ago and it would have been a good option at the time.

In this same vein, the BMBs could create their FB groups themselves. 

It sounds like TB would not be taking any responsibility for the shenanigans taking place in said groups, anyway, so a FB group would be just as effective. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    I think it's a bad idea too ... but we could all, you know, just not participate, right?
    I'm not worried about my own participation, or lack thereof.  I'm concerned about personal information being shared without any obvious channel for recourse. 

@bumpjackie
    This is a good point, but...what's to stop people from doing it now? couldn't they via pm or email or any other way and you wouldn't know?
  • Options
    I'm not worried about my own participation, or lack thereof.  I'm concerned about personal information being shared without any obvious channel for recourse. 

@bumpjackie
    This is a good point, but...what's to stop people from doing it now? couldn't they via pm or email or any other way and you wouldn't know?

Nothing, really.  But TB does carry some responsibility if it's done via their PM system.  

Emails are different because that would require more personal information be had and usually the trolls posting personal info do it publicly.  

Certain personal info (Names, areas of residence) are often shared on offboards, but it's usually between people who know the person whose info is being shared.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"