September 2013 Moms

Rolling over question

DD has mastered rolling from back to tummy, but can't seem to figure out how to go from tummy to back. She roll to her tummy and play for a while and then get frustrated and start crying. Anyone else's LO do this? We keep trying to show her how to do it, but she hasn't really gotten it. She's probably only done it 5 times since she rolled tummy to back for the first time about 2 months ago.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Rolling over question

• This happens sometimes to DS. Your Lo will figure it out soon. Nbd.
    fittest mom photo FITTEST-MOM_zps2351b4e2.gif
  • We were the same way until this week.  It will come.
  • Loading the player...
  • jojo1112 said:
    We are the opposite. Will go from tummy to back all day long but has never gotten back to tummy.

Same here

photo b2867ff1-04fd-412f-991f-a3e09638ec0f_zps4503f4a7.jpg 

• It will come eventually. Just keep practicing with LO. At 5.5 months, my little lady just rolled over for the first time a few days ago; she had never even attempted before that. We had been practicing both ways for months, and she finally decided to do it on her own.

• My LO will be 6 months next week and hasn't rolled either way
    EDD 9/3/13
  • DS rolled tummy to back once over a month ago, hasn't done it since. He'll almost roll back to tummy, but doesn't seem interested in rolling completely over.
    BFP #1 11/27/11 EDD 08/08/12 M/C 01/27/12 12 wks 2 days
    BFP #2 04/25/12 EDD 01/04/13(?) confirmed ectopic 05/16/12 6 wks 5 days 2 doses of MTX-Lost left tube on 05/25/12 Back to TTC, earlier than originally expected.
    BFP #3 01/05/13 EDD 09/17/13 u/s 1/24/13-great appt, measuring 2 days ahead, NT scan 3/11/13-great scan measuring 4 days ahead, A/S 4/29/13-another great scan can't wait to meet my baby BOY!!!!!
    My Blog

My Sweet (and Spoiled) Furbaby Cali
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PgAL/PAL Welcome

• Zembits said:
    Yep.. DS is the same way. Tummy to back was the first roll he did. . Months ago. But no longer does it. He does back to tummy quite a bit now and like you said, just kind ofgetsstuck there. Haha
    This is DD exactly. For about a week she did both ways several times a day and then just totally stopped doing tummy to back. Still does back to tummy but hates being on her tummy, it's frustrating for all of us, lol
  • LO rolled tummy to back a handful of times at 4 months then stopped completely. Now he rolls back to tummy all the time but not tummy to back. He will do it in his crib on occasion but rarely anywhere else. Mostly he hangs out on his tummy then gets frustrated and complains.
  • DD is the same way except now she loves being on her stomach and isn't interested in turning back over. She even sleeps on her tummy no matter how many times we flip her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Looks like this is pretty common. The only thing that is difficult about this is bed time. She rolled over 4 times last night and woke up crying because she couldn't get herself back.
  • My LO rolled tummy to back a few times several days in a row and now has no interest in rolling. She is however getting up on hands and knees and rocking. Turned 6 months this past Friday.
  • My LO rolled tummy to back a few times several days in a row and now has no interest in rolling. She is however getting up on hands and knees and rocking. Turned 6 months this past Friday.

NOOOOO!!!!!!! Why must these babies grow up so fast!???? LO has been going from tummy to back for a while. Yesterday while I was at work, DH sent me a video of her rolling back to tummy for the first time! Then she kept going in a log roll fashion like 3 more times. I cried so hard you'd think someone had died. :( sad that they grow so fast. And sad that I have to work full time and miss these moments.
  • DS rolls tummy to back within seconds of being on his tummy but doesn't really have a desire to roll onto his belly....he gets real far over than flings himself back onto his back and laughs haha

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• DS did that a LOT for a long time. It's just in the last couple weeks that he's figured out how to get back over.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My little lady has been rolling from tummy to back since she was a few weeks old but she never does back to tummy. Since she's my third and last baby I don't urge her to do anything. I'm desperatly clinging to every moment of her babyhood.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"