New Jersey Babies

Morristown or St. Barnabus

Hi - looking for opinions on birthing experience at either Morristown or St. Barnabus.

Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

**********************************************************************************
TTC since 2010
3 unsuccessful IUI

IVF#1 - cancelled due to poor response (3 mature follies) RE things "we can do better"
IVF#1.2 - protocol change - cancelled for no response
IVF#1.3 - back to original protocol - BFN
IVF #2 - 3R/3M/3F - 5 day transfer of 2 blasts - Chemical
IVF #3 - 10R/6M/4F - 3 day transfer of 2 blasts on 1/28/14 (none to freeze)
Beta #1 - 51  Beta #2 - 89.2  Beta #3 - 249
1st Ultrasound 2/17/14

Everyone welcome!

Re: Morristown or St. Barnabus

• I delivered at st barnabas in March. And will be again w #2 in July. Absolutely loved the nursing staff and the lactation consultants were such a huge help. The nurses were always there in seconds and answered every annoying question I had.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I delivered in Morristown in April and will be again in September . No complaints and staff was awesome
  • Loading the player...
  • I was suppose to deliver at Barnabes but ended up switching to Morristown after I did the tour @ Barnabes. Im so glad I switched, Morristown has a nice, clean maternity ward & everything is new. Def. go with Morristown or better yet do the tours @ both hospitals if you can. The nurses are always wonderful at Morristown. At Morristown you get a massage after you give birth, a celebratory dinner and they have a photographer come & take pics of your newborn which you can purchase if you choose too. I had a wonderful expierence @ Morristown. 
  • All of the Morristown amenities listed above are true also at St B. Definitely tour both hospitals. The better question is, have you found a doctor you like and are comfortable with? That will likely determine your delivery hospital. (FYI there are no OBs who deliver @ both M'town and St Barn, so if you pick a doc affiliated with one or the other-- that's where you'll be delivering!)
  • Thanks!  @bensbride225 - that's actually why I was asking, I was in the process of choosing an OB and could not decide between the 2.

I will definitely tour both.
    BabyFruit Ticker

**********************************************************************************
    TTC since 2010
    3 unsuccessful IUI

IVF#1 - cancelled due to poor response (3 mature follies) RE things "we can do better"
    1st Ultrasound 2/17/14

Everyone welcome!
  • I gave birth at St. Barnabas almost 2 weeks ago and I have to say, I was not thrilled with the nursing staff. Perhaps it was because of the holiday weekend but, some of the nurses were flat out rude to me, didn't give me medication on time (had to wait an hour for a pain killer one night!). I am a first time mom and, they really didn't help me enough, i had no idea what I was doing (and, I had twins!). 
  • Morristown gave me a follow up call to see how the baby was doing which I thought was nice
  • kle0113kle0113 member

Both my girls were born at Morristown and I do not have one complaint. 

My second was 2 months early and I CAN NOT say enough good things about my dr, the nursing staff and the NICU.  I also sprnt 10 days in antipardom to keep me pregnant longer and the whole staff was wonderful. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • JillD08JillD08 member
    I had a really great experience with morristown last week. It was an especially busy weekend too! I heard somewhere around 15 births...and with all the action and chaos the staff was fabulous!
  • Morristown Morristown Morristown Morristown!!!!!!  I delivered my baby on Feb 17th (the day of your ultrasound from what I saw :-)  )   I cannot say enough about the nurses at triage (where they check you in), the labor and delivery nurses, and the maternity nurses.  All the nurses were so nice and sweet that just thinking back to the fabulous experience I had brings tears to my eyes. My main nurse at labor and delivery stayed past her over night shift to see my son being born because she wanted to meet the baby who was going to born on her birthday.  Thru out my whole labor she was so encouraging and caring and was by my husband and my side when I had to go in for emergency csection.  I believe her name was Ivanna.  My experience in the maternity ward was also wonderful.  Like I mentioned I had an emergency csection, my one nurse Maria even jumped in and helped me showered after I was allowed to get back up.  My son was in the nicu for 4 weeks and those days I was still admitted she would track me down in nicu to give me my medication.  All the nurses in the maternity ward were phenomenal.  If God forbid your baby would need to be in the nicu you don't want to be anywhere else besides Morristown.  Other hospitals actually send their babies to Morristown including the hospitals outside the atlantic medical group.  Morristown goes to other hospitals in ambulances to pick sick babies up to bring them to Morristown... and think about it.. you want to be in the same hospital as your baby as you recover.   My son was in nicu for 4 weeks due to meconium aspiration (he swallowed his own poop).  The medical staff and nurses there are like no other.  The medical care there is like no other.  The nurses are so patient and sweet and caring, you wouldn't want your baby with anyone else.  And the nice thing about the nicu is that the rooms are private to semi private meaning that most of the time you get your baby gets their own room most of the time.  Morristown also has "class reunion" where the nicu "graduates" come back to a big bbq at a park and get to see and visit with the staff who took care of your baby.  I personally can't wait for the big bbq in September to see again all the beautiful nurses again! 

So yes, my vote goes to Morristown.

• Thanks everyone, We are going with Morristown!

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC since 2010
    3 unsuccessful IUI

1st Ultrasound 2/17/14

Everyone welcome!
  • I think it's important to choose the OB you like better.  Both hospitals come highly recommended. I personally delivered at Morristown, and the nurses were all great.  The anesthesiologist I had was a huge jerk, but my epidural worked so I guess he knew what he was doing. Other than him, I had an amazing experience there.  The rooms are big and nicer than when I visited St Barn.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Falling in Love!  November 2014
  • Loved Morristown... My daughter was in the nicu there couldn't have been in a better place... She had six doctors watching over her and I had a c section and they would wheel me up there all hours if the night... Very private and very clean.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"