November 2013 Moms
Options

3 month old fussy!

So my 3 month old has been a great baby up until this point.  I know, I know babies cry, it's what they do.  But lately my LO has been unbelievably fussy--crying all the time and extremely difficult to put down to sleep.  Napping during the day feels impossible and eating sometimes as little as 1 hour between feedings!  We've been through growth spurts before but this has been going on for two weeks.....

He also arches his back all of the time and screams, turning his head 90 degrees---it makes me crazy that I never know what he's doing/what that means--sometimes it's he wants to be on his stomach, other times food?  God he's all over the place and it's wearing me thin.  We have reflux medication that we've been trying to implement but it's too soon to know if that is even working at all.  

I don't even know how to describe all of this to his pediatrician with his fussiness problems.  Is any one else going through this?  I thought raising LO was supposed to get easier and somehow it has gotten darn near impossible and harder than a newborn!  I feel like I'm at my wit's end sometimes emotionally with LO at the moment..........

Any advice or similar situations?  Help! Thank you.

Re: 3 month old fussy!

• Options
    All I can say is, yep, the 3 month GS sucks. I think it's safe to say we can all relate. I just keep telling myself to be patient and it WILL get better.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh yeah! My guy is a fuss bucket. He just turned 3 months on 14th and has been eating like a monster and taking more naps. I hear this is a big GS so they must be uncomfortable. Sometimes when he is crying hard and I'm getting frustrated I hold him close and whisper to him that I love him repeatedly. It helps me, not him lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd call your pedi and ask. Could be reflux? Early teething? Colic? Anything.

#LOLFITMAMA
  • Options
    Sounds like gas especially since he's arching his back!
    BLAD reppin'

• Options
    Uh I didn't mean the exclamation point?
    BLAD reppin'

• Options
    Mine turned 3 months on 16th and she's a fuss pot too. Morning she's the happiest baby and then by 5 pm forget. She barely naps and wants to snack a lot. Then there's the whole fights to stay awake thing.... Ugh. It will get better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"