June 2013 Moms

On the topic of weaning...

For anyone who has weaned completely, I have a question.  Lily is down to only nursing to bed, once in the MOTN, and in the morning.  This morning, I'm pretty sure she got nothing, but just continued to go at it.  She probably got a little last night and some in the MOTN.  I feel that it is time to drop all of the feedings as they are really not feedings now but comfort sessions.

Question: Has anyone else had a problem with extended comfort nursing while weaning?

Follow-up Question: How do you make it stop and still have a happy baby?
AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: On the topic of weaning...

• Hmmm I don't know if this helps but when G was little towards the end I am pretty sure I had almost completely stopped producing milk but he still comfort nursed before bed and in the morning. I'll never know for sure what he was getting, but I know my body eventually pumped less and less naturally and then I just stopped pumping completely. It all happened really naturally and my body just seemed to be able to stop production and read our sessions as comfort nursing only. Once I was pretty sure the well was totally dry I was like, ok kid, this is weird and just didn't offer it anymore. I think just do what you feel is comfortable for you and your baby and your body will follow your lead. I have a friend(ish) who was extended nursing her 3 year old when she was pregnant with her second and he even told her he wasn't getting any milk any more but still seemed to like it. Definitely not my bag but to each their own!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh and G thankfully happily took a paci and used that in place of me to get himself to sleep when we totally weaned. He didn't seem to care one way or another. I'm definitely more concerned this time around because Lo will not take a paci if he wants to comfort nurse to sleep so I am dreading weaning down the line with him.

• Loading the player...
  • @nikel13 you just described my situation last night as well. Following.

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"