Special Needs

developmental pedi DD2

Sooo we are at our appointment now and I'm freaking out! I can do medical stuff but ASD scares me!!
DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

Re: developmental pedi DD2

• Thanks!

So we just saw the nurse and then the doctor, the nurse slightly irked me because she didn't know what things like kidney reflux & lovenox were!  I can appreciate that practically no one knows what hypogammaglobulinemia is but..come on.

Anywho, I love the doctor, we have seen him before with P.  He interacted with M had her draw a little, play with blocks, etc.  He concluded with that she was very quirky but some of it could be hardwired (hi lol) and that he had noted P was quirky as well.  He was worried about her articulation, he couldn't really understand her at all, and overall developmentally he said she's about 6 months delayed overall.  In his opinion she didn't have ASD, but he said to watch her as she gets older with social situations, etc.  Because, if she did it would likely be aspergers, which I know doesn't technically exist anymore, but that she was too young to dx that, at this time.  

I kind of feel like I can breath a little, and push her more with her behavior knowing she has the capacity to take control, etc.  She is doing a lot better behavior wise overall, and many of our quirky issues from the past few months are gone (carrying toothpaste everywhere, socks in a purse & a bag of shoes).

Overall, I'm happy with the appointment, and I don't feel the need for a 2nd opinion on the subject, he did suggest we try to get her into the county preschool which is a joke here, and highly unlikely she will get in, but I will have her evaluated.  

One hurdle down!
    DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"