November 2012 Moms
Options

UPDATE;Tell me I'm not the only one... (more of a vent)

CCM82909CCM82909 member
edited February 2014 in November 2012 Moms
M is still waking up anywhere from 1-4 times in the middle of the night. He drinks 7-9 oz before bed, but less than 2 hours later is up wanting more. The poor guy woke up 3 times last night and was ready to go at 6:52 this morning. I'm tired. Anyone else having a little one who is waking up multiple times at night? Any advice on how to drop these MOTN bottles and get him to sleep? CIO isn't really an option for us right now, but it may soon become one and DH will just have to get over it. :(

UPDATE: Last night was pretty darn crazy. After I falling out of bed (toddler bed) and taking 2 hours of convincing to stay in bed and go back to sleep and M waking up every 35 minutes, I think we're just going to stick to the old habit of milk in the MOTN until we move to our new apt next month. The boys will have their own room in the new apt and the rooms are separated, so it should go a little better. We are definitely going to try to spread out the bottle and bedtime though, it seemed to work pretty good last night. And with all things, I know this change will not be immediate.  Wish me luck!
I: November 2011 
M: November 2012

Re: UPDATE;Tell me I'm not the only one... (more of a vent)

• Options
    @uconnhuskie007 We live in a teeny tiny 2 bedroom apt right now. The boys share a room, so CIO will almost always wake one of them up (I if we let M CIO, M if we let I CIO). Not to mention, DH is going through some intense courses for his PA right now and wakes up at 4:30 AM as it is. So he wants sleep too. His suggestion is that I buy earplugs... thanks DH.
    We've sleep trained before, but it always seems to get better before the storm. M had 2 nights of STTN and then got the flu. Two days later, the older one got the flu. Since then, it's just been hectic and sleepless nights around here. We are definitely going to have to look into doing something though.
  • Options
    We might have to try that.  Thank you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am not sleep expert, but here are my thoughts and  I have a few questions:

1) How are you putting him down to sleep?  Do you set him in his crib and let him fall asleep on his own or are you rocking him to sleep?  I think putting them down fully awake and letting him fall asleep on his own was the one of the key things. That way they know what to do when they wake up in the MOTN.

2)  If you feel like he is getting enough during the day, I think you need to cut back on feeding him during the night.  I would start either reducing the bottles an ounce at a time or stretch out the time between bottles.  At this age there really isn't a reason for LOs to eat in the MOTN.   Also, when is the last bottle before bed.  We moved the last bottle up so that LO doesn't associate eating with sleeping. I think that helped as well.

• Options
    @kangtini Those are some good points. We do put him down to sleep fully awake. He drinks his bottle about 30 min before bedtime (sometimes closer depending on if I have help or not) and then I carry him upstairs, say goodnight, and put him in the crib. 
    But now that you mention associating eating with sleeping, I might have to reevaluate that. He goes to bed between 7:30 and 8:00, with a bottle around 7. I might try to push that up to 6:30 and see if it helps so he has at least 30min before bedtime.
  • Options
    H night-weaned pretty much on his own, but when he did wake up I offered a sippy of water MOTN. He's not very motivated to wake up for a sippy of water unless he's really thirsty, so that helped.

image   My chart 

• Options
    Benjamin stopped on his own mostly. I did lessen the amount of the MOTN bottle until it didn't exist anymore though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"