February 2013 Moms
Options

Guess what today is?!

I think I'm going to start daily shooting the sh** posts, just so we can all hang out, lol.

The other night DS pulled all of his stuffed animals off his window seat and then proceeded to roll around in them like Scrooge McDuck and his money pool. It was pretty much the cutest thing ever.

Today I'm giving my class an article about whether or not those giant trampolines should be banned or not and they'll have to look at the issue from both sides and provide reasoning. I think they'll like it.

What's up with you all?

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

Re: Guess what today is?!

• Options
    @DC2London I'm loving the Frasier reference, not your children's allergies - obviously!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sending my kids to daycare this afternoon so I can get my house clean before Es birthday party on Saturday.

And... It's FREEZING cold outside! It's freezing inside! I swear I'm turning blue this winter. Even worse, the belly is too big to wear dh's sweatshirts any more. :(
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    I just told my boss I'm taking a break from my regular ESL class next quarter because I'm starting a new job and want to get used to it and figure it out without worrying about my course. True.
    What is also true that I didn't mention is that I am just burnt out on the course right now. The last two quarters I have had groups that just don't want to talk. It's like pulling teeth, and the course is advertised as a half conversation half grammar course. Talk, people. I've been pulling out my best ideas and they just sit there. 

Also, DC, the Frasier reference made me laugh. My DD1 is a total hypochondriac. I'm a little afraid of what she's going to be like when she gets older. I don't want her to be the whiny sick kid :(

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    DS seems to be working on his fine motor skills and has been really into things like stacking rings and his shape sorter. The thing is - if he can't get it right away, he freaks out and throws things! Eeks! I hope this is just a phase!

• Options
    @seeca022 safe travels!! You'll be with your baby soon!

• Options
    I am still exhausted from Monday night's nerd date. DH and I missed the 11:38 PATH and the next one didn't come til 12:13. We didn't get to Jersey City til almost 1:00am, and we still had an hour+ drive home, so it was 2:30 by the time I was in bed. DD was up at 6.

Tonight I need to start doing taxes. So that should be fun. :-p

• Options
    Lol goodmorning ladiessss!

It's pretty over here, in SoFla, and I want to go to the beach. So bad. Buttttt the cars broke so I'm waiting for it to be 10 so I can take LO to the Library. I still don't know why they take so long to open. Lol

~~** I Love My Boys <3**~~

• Options
    @Sagen I go to Target at least once a week. I don't know what I would do without Target.

• Options
    My mom is coming over to hang out with the gremlin today so I am going to do some pre-birthday pampering! Coloring my hair and cutting my bangs, then heading out for a mani/pedi this afternoon.

I go to Target at least once a week as well. I get most of our groceries from there, but frequently get sucked into buying random stuff as well. When I was on maternity leave I re-did our whole living room. Lol

I like cookies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    wifeofadamwifeofadam member
    edited February 2014
    DC2London said:
    Jack had his annual allergist visit yesterday, in anticipation of spring.  The GREAT news is that he appears to have outgrown his egg allergy.  We're doing a food challenge to be sure.  The bad news is that he now has a peanut allergy, and his cow's milk allergy is "worse."  And his seasonal allergies are still terrible enough that it's basically going to be a miserable spring until he's old enough for allergy shots.
    My children truly are Niles and Frasier Crane.
    Our oldest sons could be twinsies - matching milk and peanut allergies.  Sorry about the bad news :(

But outgrowing the egg allergy is excellent news.  DS1 was Jack's age when he outgrew his and it gave us so many more options for food.  Enjoy!

• Options
    SidraJediSidraJedi member
    edited February 2014
    DD is still sleeping badly. She went to bed early yesterday (before dinner) because she woke early from her nap. I tried to get her up for dinner but it was a no-go. Of course she woke in the wee hours and hung out and talked and crawled all over us and nursed intermittently and bit me as I tried to fall asleep. I woke up this AM wanting to go back to bed.

We went to the library and hung out there for an hour and a half doing the activities and hanging out with the other caregivers and babies. She's napping now.

I've had enough caffeine to where I can't nap with her. But that works out bc the dishes need doing and she HATES to see me doing them. I need to organize the kitchen later and she will love that because it involves emptying the cabinets. Also, I have to make a white vinegar run so I can clean the kitchen floor. I'm debating whether I should walk the mile to the store or bother with the three minute round-trip drive since my hips have not stopped hurting since the second trimester?

Do I sound like a Debbie-Downer? I'm really not complaining, its the lack of sleep talking. Maybe when I go back to the library this weekend to take DD to this month's puppet show I will check out some books on sleep training? Any gentle non-CIO sleep guides you ladies want to suggest?

Also, any ideas why my hips are hurting? I had some temporary respite when we added memory foam and a cuddle-ewe topper to our old mattress, but the hip/pelvic pain is back and worse when I am active. Any one else? Ideas? I asked my Dr. once and she said that it was the way I sleep but like I said, I changed my mattress and I flatten out on my back whenever possible and the pain only went away temporarily. Dr. Google has been no help so far. I am hoping to head to the chiro soon so maybe she's have some insight.

Also, to report on yesterday, soaking liver in milk may not be kosher, but it works to make liver taste better if anyone was curious and wants the health benefits of liver but can't stand the taste. FWIW I hid it in meatloaf.

I'm so jealous of you guys that get to go to the salon. We haven't had $$ for massages, pedis or any of that stuff since I quit working. But I'll be looking for a job next month so maybe soon...

DD seems to be over her "egg white "allergy" too. I think it was just her undeveloped digestive system (like her pedi suggested) and not a full blown allergy. We eat a lot of eggs in this house so that's awesome!

Target is so convenient. By the by has anyone heard this rumor about WalMart carrying only USA made products? Somebody told me that and I haven't done the legwork to confirm or deny...

ETA: the rumor about WM was that they were wanting to change over to USA made products by such-and-such time.
  • Options
    It's SEND MY KID TO DAYCARE AND GO TO THE HAIR SALON DAY FOR DUBS!!!

I LEFT MY KIDS WITH DH THIS MORNING AND GOT COFFEE AND WENT TO THE SALON!

And I saw pics of your hair on insta, Vero. You are one fly mama!

View Full Size Image
    BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

• Options
    Hello - DH's birthday is this weekend so I took off early and we went out for lunch.  Sooooo nice to have an hour to just chat, the two of us.  He went back to work and I'm at home until it is time to get the kids from daycare.  Ahhh...quiet house.
    Mom to 3 year-old girl and 1 year-old boy
  • Options
    Pedicures are the tits.

I like cookies.

• Options
    eriannc22 said:
    Pedicures are the tits.
    That picture? Omg. I die. I love it.

View Full Size Image
    BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!