Breastfeeding

Pumping sessions

My lo is 7 weeks and I have been EPing since he was 2 weeks old. Right now I pump 7 times a day for 20 mins at a time. I average 37-45 oz a day. Wondering when I can drop a pump( preferably during the night) without affecting my supply? Should I wait till my lo is 3 months? TIA for any input! :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

image imageimage

Re: Pumping sessions

• I would try just spacing the pumping sessions out a little at a time until you are at a more comfortable pumping schedule. That's what I did and it kept up my output until I eventually spaced them out to twice a day when I was ready to wean.
  • kosbo06kosbo06 member
    edited February 2014
    @casey78
    He has about 25-31 ounces a day on average. Right now I'm pumping every three hours, sometimes pushing it to four. The problem is he is not sleeping longer than 2-2 1/2 hours at a time still at night. So I usually keep to my schedule at night, except when in especially tired. Sometimes I wake up and it's been 5 hours since I pumped and I wake up pretty engorged. When I go that long I tend to pump about 9oz in 20 mins.

Edit: the extra amount I pump I'm using to make a stash for when I go back to work and to help extend the amount of time my lo gets breast milk.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

image imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I only pump every 4 hours at night, every 3 hours during the day. I can keep up with baby EP'ing, though it took a while to build up my supply.
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• I dropped my MOTN pump when LO was about 8 weeks and I saw no change in supply. My thought is that as long as you are emptying your breasts fully first thing in the morning, your body knows to make that much. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"