Babies on the Brain

TTC after Mirena removal

So as of right now I still have the mirena in. 
However dh and I will be ttc again around december of this year 
when should I get it taken out?
to those that had it, were you able to get pregnant right away or did it take a while?

Me: 29 | SO: 28
Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
DS Born: 6/02/2012
Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21

Re: TTC after Mirena removal

• I started charting as soon as the bleeding started after removal. We were successful on the 3rd cycle.
  • I got pregnant the first cycle off, miscarried, then got pregnant again right after that.
  • Loading the player...
  • I got mine out last Friday - I was told to wait 2 cycles to start trying.

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

• I wondered this too

• I had mine out 6 months before we planed to start TTC. Turns out I had PCOS and wasn't able to get KU on my own anyway (really makes me wish I'd known- SO many years of worrying about getting KU unplanned!). But my Dr was like most of the pp's- use condoms for the first two cycles after getting it out. I believe this is because the miscarriage rate is higher those first couple cycles.  
  • i removed my own mirena in December, today I started my second cycle...so frustrating..but it could be a blessing bc my cycle is adjusting? :bz
  • PP omg I didn't know you could remove it on your own. OP I had mine removed in the beginning of the year last year and had regular cycles every month but didn't concieve until december. We had been trying the whole year. I'm kicking myself for not cashing in on baby deals last black friday. There were so many but I was like na not yet.

• I had mine removed Oct 23, got my BFP Jan 13.  Good luck!

TTC since October 22, 2012
    BFP January 11, 2013
    Kellan James Patrick was born September 28, 2013
  • Got mine removed July 2013 and my hubs came home in September we wanted a July baby so we waited a month and I am due July 9, 2014. It was pretty easy. I had been charting since my first period after removal. However it did bruise my cervix really good and I had a lot of bleeding til about the 15th week. I had no idea beforehand but the pressure from my growing uterus triggered it. Won't ever get it again. Ill try another form of bc after this pregnancy.
  • While it seems as though most got pregnant fairly easy, I'm stuck in cycle 6. I know it's not a long time in terms of what others have gone through. Honestly though, I wish I would have had mine taken out sooner because I was really hoping to be KU by now. Everyone is different, but I would suggest getting it out a few months prior since some doctors ask you wait a cycle or two, and it'll give you time to regulate.
    April's TTGP Siggy Challenge: Favorite Superhero
    SuperMan!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"