High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

No cerclage removal?

I had a preventative cerclage placed at 14w. I'm now 29w with twins at my appt on Monday the dr noted that both babies were breech. She said that if the babies stay that way they will do a csection and may not even remove the cerclage. Has anyone else been told this?
Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage

Re: No cerclage removal?

• Options
    Was it a transvaginal or transabdominal cerclage?  I've heard of the transabdominal ones not being removed so you can have subsequent pregnancies without removing and re-doing it each time.  If it is transvaginal, I would definitely ask more about it.  Do they ever plan to remove it? 
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    Like angelsnight said, I have heard the transabdominal ones are not always removed, but as far as I know transvaginal ones are. My MFM told me that if I was having a c-section that they would not remove it beforehand and just remove it at the same time as the c-section.

Definitely ask for more information about why they might not remove it, especially if you have a transvaginal one.
    Married 11/23/11, TTC starting 10/12, BFP#1 11/30/12, Adoption of stepson finalized 03/19/13,Loss of our daughter at 20w4d due to incompetent cervix 03/27/13, BFP#2 06/28/13, DS2 born 3/1/14.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've heard of them leaving transvaginal cerclages in if you plan on getting pregnant again in the next several years...but to take it out after your last pregnancy.
  • Options
    It was transvaginal. Honestly I was so surprised I didn't even think to ask more questions. I don't know if we plan on having more children or not. This pregnancy has been very difficult physically and I'm just not sure I'd want to go through it again. I'll definitely be asking what she meant at my next appointment.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"