September 2014 Moms
Options

Craving things I can't have

I'm sitting here at work about to cry because I want this Monster energy drink so bad. I wasn't even planning on drinking the whole thing (just going to split half of it) but I don't think I can :(.  Its not the caffeine itself I'm so worried about (full can has 140mg..so a little more than a regular soda...and while I have cut way back on caffeine, I feel a regular soda or a cup of coffee isn't anything to worry about- dr said just keep it around 200mg) I'm more concerned with all the other ingredients...and even though I was fully set on it, now I'm not.  I think this would be like craving a certain type of sushi even though you know its not okay, and arghhhhh its frustrating!! Anyone else having these cravings for things they can't have?

Re: Craving things I can't have

• Options
    I've been craving an Italian BMT for a month now and I don't even like cold cuts. It wouldn't be the same if I heated it up so I'm not even going to bother.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

i sure miss my wine all the time...does that count?

in this thread- anything counts.  I just want some people to wallow in self pity for a minute with me while contemplating how long without our favorite things it will be.  I wasn't much of a drinker beforehand, but I had my monster everyday, so this is killing me. :) can't believe Ive made it 11 weeks without it stressing me!
  • Options

Sushi...and lots of lunchmeat...and the occasional frozen drink.  I think I'll miss the frozen drink more in the summertime when I'm sweating in this TX heat.

Its OK to eat California rolls!!! I was so happy to hear it bc its my favorite!!!
  • Options
    I don't even like deli meat but when I'm pregnant, I crave turkey sandwiches every day. I do sometimes indulge, though.

I don't know. I feel like there's so many things on the "forbidden" list that I eat anyway, I don't really feel like I'm missing out on much. I eat lunch meat and soft cheese and drink coffee and wine. The only things I really pay attention to are hard liquor and certain medications. I would kill for a mojito and Advil pretty much every day, however.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

you got it! more than happy to wallow.  sometimes i feel like i'm not allowed to do literally anything i like:  eat brie, drink wine, run long distances (yes i know there are exceptions, etc but i miss just being able to DO it and not have to research it first!!

• Options
    BethanyAnn27BethanyAnn27 member
    edited February 2014
    The Newport Turkey sandwich from Au Bon Pain (deli meat turkey which is currently off limits + avocado which I usually love but is making me want to vomit when I see pictures of it now). Soft cheese, specifically goat cheese. And eggs over easy (or medium...the way where the whites are fully cooked but the yellows are runny). Restaurant prepared tuna salad (oh man I have wanted this soooo badly!). But mostly I miss Aleve....the only OTC pain med that helps my migraines and doesn't make me sick. 

And @mkatefin303 I totally agree that I miss being able to eat/do things without researching first!

edit: forgot to add something!

~*~
    Together since 03/27/2007
    Married 07/20/2013

BFP #1 01/18/2014, EDD 09/26/2014, Team Green
    DD born 09/21/2014

image image 
  • Options
    A nice fresh hoagie. I cheated and had a few bites of my DH's a few weeks ago. The OB nurse said I could! Why do we want the few things we can't have waaaahh :((
  • Options
    i miss having a cocktail when DH and I go out to dinner... it's pretty much the only time I ever drank, so it was a nice treat
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I want a tuna sandwich EVERYDAY

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I want a chili cheese dog so bad. I really don't even like hot dogs. If Sonic wasn't such a pain to get to, I probably would have caved on this craving already.

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • Options
    Wine. It smells AMAZING.

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm with you on the Monsters.  I used to have one every day at work, and it would be just enough to get me through a 12 hour shift.  Regular soda just ain't cutting it.

And I would kill for a Sonic or a Dairy Queen Chili Cheese Dog right now.  No Sonics here and DQ only serves ice cream products. 
    Me: 31 DH: 31
    Married 08/11/12 & TTC Since 10/13
    Previous Endo and Ovarian Cyst DX 
    March 2010: Lap. Surgery & D&C--removed 2 cysts 
    BFP: 12/20/2013 EDD: 09/03/2014 
    Travis Karel arrived on 08/21/2014 at 38w1d.
    BFP #2!  Travis is getting a sibling!
    EDD: 1/24/2017

Mama to my two furbabies Sam and Phoenix

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm wanting various things that I ain't even that in to before pregnancy. Haven't had sushi in over 2 years due to a food poisoning incident, but now I am fantasizing about it.... Ok - a couple of questions - cooked sushi stuff is ok though, right? Would love a California roll or eel (yes I am weird) or like a shrimp roll. I'm also craving a giant icy regular coke. Oh - and on the deli meat....is a pressed panini sandwich with turkey ok? Again, I'm craving it but worried that it is not "hot" enough.
  • Options
    Omg - autocorrect just wrote ain't? Should have said Am Not. My mother the English teacher would die!!
  • Options
    @beckynsean11 In the name of a cherry limeade and tots, I will drive.

• Options

As nauseating as it may sound to some of you with m/s, I am dying for raw oysters.  Even though I only enjoy ever them with an ice cold beer.... strange how they sound delicious but garlic makes me gag

I am with you on the oysters! I like them with a glass of champagne or wine.

BabyFruit Tickerimage

• Options
    I want my Captain and Coke!!!
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
  • Options
    AnyMax said:
    @beckynsean11 In the name of a cherry limeade and tots, I will drive.
    @AnyMax, Deal! I'll buy! ;)

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    image image imageimage 
  • Options
    Vanilla coke, eggs over easy, and a cold ham sandwich.
  • Options
    Heading out on a business trip this weekend. Might just have to sneak in a forbidden item or two (sushi and soda!) while away.
  • Options
    Just wine really.  I don't miss my glass after work so much but it's much harder if we go out to dinner. Oh and my MIL and DH got Wet Willie's in Savannah on Saturday....my mouth was watering.
  • Options
    mamakate12345, I want them too!  :((

I miss eating sushi! A large cup of coffee, everyday!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I crave everything that your not supposed to have.  Ive been pretty much off pop for over a year and yet here I am wanting one everyday.  I do drink it occasionally, but Im supposed to be watching my sugar so its got to be very seldomly.

I want sushi, even though when I wasnt pregnant , Id only have it a few times a year.

I really miss drinking haha.  My husband and I used to have what we called "Party Friday" where we would go for dinner, have a drink or 2, then go home and have a couple more drinks while we listened to music or watched movies.  Thats the thing I think I miss most (so does he haha)
    DH and I Married 11.12.10
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

Baby Cooper John born on 9.24.14 6lbs9oz

• Options
    Wine. Wine. Oh yeah, and wine. I can't wait til all the little organs and things are finished developing and I can have a small glass at home. I just can't get on board with the idea right now in the first tri.

And hot dogs. Like a crappy, lukewarm hot dog from Wawa is all I want these days. But my doc said to treat hot dogs like lunch meat and only eat if steaming hot. I'm going to be the saddest gal at Phillies games this year with no hot dog.
    S14 Remembers our Angel Babies

S14 September Siggy - Show to binge-watch when the baby comes
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't WANT my steak well done! /tantrum
    Is heartily apologizing to her child in advance for genes that predispose them to shitty vision and being Too Damn Tall.
  • Options
    I just miss alcohol. I want wine and margaritas and champagne. All of it. I don't really limit anything else. I've yet to see any legit reason why I can't eat most things that I love (rare steak and sushi) so I have those whenever I want them.
  • Options
    I miss rare steak. On Valentine's Day DH and I always go to Peter Luger's but if you order your meat anything more than medium you get a serious side eye from the waiters. We skipped it this year, and that will be our first night out when the baby comes. I want it so much, ugh.

imageimage

• Options
    My OB won't let me have cooked sushi for fear that it was prepared on the same surface as raw fish :/

TTC since 3/2012 
    Started charting 12/2012 
    BFP 2/10/13 - MC 3/4/13 
    BFP 6/23/13 - CP 6/27/13 
    BFP 12/31/13 EDD 9/11/14  **please be our rainbow baby!**

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    Bubbz said:
    I don't WANT my steak well done! /tantrum
    Hell will freeze over & thaw back out again before I eat a damn well done steak. My doctor can kiss my ass on that one. I can't stomach my usual med rare, but well ain't happening. That's just a waste of money.

image image imageimage 
  • Options
    MAN I could go for some Sashimi White Tuna right now!!! And a rainbow roll!
  • Options
    I'm missing meat and cheeseburgers bad! :) My taste buds have be so funky and these are things that I love so much but they just don't taste good
  • Options
    courtney4425courtney4425 member
    edited February 2014
    I ate a tuna sandwich last week.... I am shamefaced....
  • Options
    I ate sushi the other day. It's a roll that is no raw and I drank a monster one day also. Are they really that bad? I honestly didn't even think about it. I would think anything in moderation is okay. I'm not telling myself I CAN'T have anything, because then I will want it more. Well except alcohol and cigarettes obviously... I'd love an ice cold Dos XX beer with salt and lime right now!
  • Options
    Let's see - 

Wine - YES I MISS YOU 
    Mojitos - I miss you too - never even drank you a lot but now I want you 
    Sushi - The REAL DEAL + sashimi!!!
    A dry aged Medium Rare Steak .....

I don't really drink carbonated drinks - so that's not too hard - and I've been off caffeine for years... 

--------------
    PCOS , incompetent cervix, gestational diabetes, IVF graduate, with one ovary!
    1 angel baby due to a 20 week M/C thanks to IC
    1 ovary due to a benign tumor that crushed my ovary
    About 6 years of pointlessly POAS
    Proud mommy of a 2.5 year old  girl
    Currently pregnant with baby #2 surprise BFP -  Team Blue until proven otherwise

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"