Adoption
Options

Disappointment - A Little Off Topic

For a few years, DH and I have been casually keeping our fingers in the real estate market. We have a two bedroom house, which would be big enough for our first child to move into. We aren't desperate, but we know that we would like to get into a bigger house one day.

We found one. It's a beautiful yellow house on a lot and a half. It has 5 bedrooms and could have been our forever home. I called to make an appointment to view it this afternoon, and there is already an offer on it. We live in an area where the real estate market seems like it is trying to keep up with the city. Which means, the houses are more expensive, but local jobs don't pay city wages. It is very difficult to find an affordable house that doesn't need a LOT of work and is bigger than 2 bedrooms. This is the first home we have seen in years to meet all of our needs and our budget (our budget is smaller than it could be due to the upcoming adoption costs). And, we missed it. 

I guess fingers crossed that the offer falls through and it stays on the market. 

Re: Disappointment - A Little Off Topic

• Options
    I completely feel you on this one! My wife spends her evenings combing the listings while we watch TV and sometimes really greta things come up but they are gone before we even have a chance at them.  We've tried checking out those trendy new " prefab villages" but it always seems like not enough house/yard for way too much money.  

I try to always comfort myself with the knowledge that something will come along and it will be perfect just for us and so other people won't be killing themselves to get it first…that or everyone else will have already bought something by the time we actually make it to a forever house! lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    me:33 my wife:32      married in June '12
    LONG road through IF ending in heartbreak and frustration.
    Moving on to Adoption : matched 5/14! 
    Our beautiful son was born August 25, 2014!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

• Options
    I hope something comes along and hopefully there was a reason that one didn't work like your dream home is coming on the market or that one is built on an ancient burial ground. House hunting can be fun but such a pain at the same time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Fingers crossed that you find your forever home!

This is slightly off topic, but I watch a lot of HGTV and a lot of their shows seem to tape in Canada and the housing market up there is UNREAL.  And these people have hundreds of thousands of dollars to throw down on a 'starter home' -- its insane!! 

J&B // Married 9/19/09
    J: 28 // B: 32 

TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)
    November 2013: Applied & Accepted by the Agency
    January 2014: Home Study, education class, Profiles
    February 2014: "Officially Waiting"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"