May 2014 Moms
Options

10 Things Tuesday

1.  I love our new house!

2.  We let the dogs sleep in our room with us last night and they woke us up at 4.  They are always really good at night, but keeping wanting to get up at 4.  

3.  I got my dress for maternity pics and it doesn't fit like I wanted it to. :-(

4.  My pics are in four weeks so I have to figure out how to make it fit.

5.  The baby has been super active all last night and this morning!

6.  We have our elective 3D u/s next Wed yay!

7.  I am excited because people are starting to RSVP for the shower.  I can't wait to see everyone!

8.  I don't think my dad's family will come though.  They didn't even come to my wedding. :-/

9.  I am actually having an easier time getting rid of cable than I thought I would.

10.  I miss watching TV at night in the bedroom, but it's probably best I break that habit!

Re: 10 Things Tuesday

• Options

@sparklingdiamond you beat me to it by a few seconds! That's what I get for procrastinating!

1. I'm finally starting to get excited about LO arriving. All I want to do is decorate the nursery and buy CD supplies!

2. I finally bought 2 newborn CD covers and 6 newborn workhorse pre-folds and some snappies to start my Newborn diaper stash! Woohoo!

3. I really want to check out a couple local consignment stores to see if they have used CDs that I can snag up

4. It's snowing again after a 60+ degree weekend.  And sticking. ugh. I'm so ready for spring!

5. I'm starving, but nothing sounds good even though I'm at home with food all around me...

6. My mom gave me my birthday money and I have no idea what to spend it on...except maybe cloth diapers LOL ...can you tell where my brain is at?

7. Someone at work keeps mentioning wanting to do a baby shower for me and my boss (she's due in Aug) but we are both on baby #2 so I think it's kind of odd.  Do you even create a registry for something like that?

8. DD's really not wanting to use the potty lately, even though we ask her a lot.

9. Sometimes DD will want to sit on it, but only after she has just peed in her diaper.

10. It seems almost impossible some days to help her get the point of it. Does it just "click" with them one day?

PitaPata Dog tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    1. This was about the time I started having issues last time in my pregnancy--pree and iugr. 
    2.  And, wouldn't you know, my BP was slightly high this morning - 137/82. 
    3.  I'm not too worried, though, because my old OB didn't worry even at 140s/90s.  Plus, I *feel* stressed and annoyed right now.
    4.  I feel like/wish I could just concentrate on growing this baby and being healthy right now...i.e. working out lightly, going to yoga, going to the chiro, getting pregnancy massages, eating right, etc.
    5.  I keep going over scenarios in my head to lessen my stress (i.e. like cutting back on work, etc.), but when I get right down to it, the things that stress me out the most are things I can't really change or do anything about.
    6. One source of stress if my DH.  He has been in a funk lately and it is starting to get to me.
    7. Honestly, I feel like he has really been being selfish. It seems like everything is about how he feels stressed and how he needs help at his business but can't find any help, he feels depressed, etc.  Yeah, try dealing with all of that shit and being 7 months pregnant, bud!!!
    8.  I seriously think that if men had to be pregnant and have the babies, most families would consist of 1 child. 
    9.  I also think maternity leave would be paid and be at least 6 months.
    10.  I am getting to the point with my stress level that I am really just about to start cutting people out temporarily who stress me out (like in-laws) and just telling DH "deal" and concentrating on myself because asking for help is getting me nowhere.
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. I am tired all the damn time. Cannot get enough sleep.
    2. I need a vacation so bad.
    3. DH just lost his job so even the slightest mention of doing something fun and I get growled at.
    4. Totally understand but I still need a break.
    5. My middle sister is due any day now.
    6. She doesn't have her bag packed yet (she lives about an hour from hospital) and didn't take a birthing class. This makes the planner in me go slightly crazy.
    7. Last night I asked her if she has lost her mucus plug yet. He response was "I don't know. How would I know if I did?"
    8. Exactly why I recommended that she take some kind of class!
    9. There is something stabbing my rib right now. My guess is a butt or head.
    10. Failed my 1 hr GTT so have my 3 hr test tomorrow. I wish you all could see the pure excitement written all over my face.
  • Options
    JessElam said:
    5. My middle sister is due any day now. 6. She doesn't have her bag packed yet (she lives about an hour from hospital) and didn't take a birthing class. This makes the planner in me go slightly crazy. 7. Last night I asked her if she has lost her mucus plug yet. He response was "I don't know. How would I know if I did?" 8. Exactly why I recommended that she take some kind of class!
    This would make me stabby, too. I don't understand how people can know so little about their own bodies.

• Options
    1. Passed my 1 hour test by 1 point!
    2. Just started my every 2 week appointments. Can't believe we are that far along.
    3. This is my first 10 things Tuesday post, been trying to get to it for weeks, but by the time I get my list done it it Wednesday.
    4. Doing my list now while eating chips and cheese at TGIFridays. Yum!
    5. Got my tdap shot last night and encouraged the family this past weekend. Thankfully everyone was on board.
    6. Taking my DH to a Chicago bulls game on Sunday and I am already thinking about what I want to eat there.
    7. While I don't think I look bigger in the last few days, I feel like my bump is heavier.
    8. I am getting more and more out of breath lately, by doing anything, even talking too much.
    9. There was a 5 week old boy at my shower this past weekend and it took everything I had not focus solely on him.
    10. Just pages away from finishing my current book. I need to have a backup in place this week.
  • Options
    1. My boobs grew - again. Busting out of this C cup. Not sure if I should get a few more bras now, or tough it out for a bit longer.

2. My last basketball game as the school's dance team coach is tonight. I was waiting until our season was over before telling the girls that I won't be coaching them next year, so that means I actually have to tell them soon.

3. Sciatic nerve is a pain in my ass.

4. I get to watch my 9 month old niece on Saturday and I'm so excited! She is such a sweet and happy baby....

5. ....and she is going to be a big sister! My sister and her DH just found out this week. Definitely not planned and she's freaking out a bit, but they are both great parents and will be able to figure it all out.

6. I'll be honest, I kinda miss watching the Olympics. I'm not saying that I was a crazy fanatic, but DH and I watched coverage just about every day and it was nice.

7. I can't believe that I'm already at the point where I'm having to start looking at sub plans for my mat. leave. It snuck up on me!

8. I'm so freaking stoked to finally see Divergent in March!

9. I haven't gotten my hair colored since the week before I found out I was pregnant, and am FINALLY getting it done on Thursday.

10. I need to fart.
    October Siggy Challenge - Halloween

Happy Endings

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @ashtog - it doesn't sound like you're even thinking about it, but coming from someone who has dealt with gallstones before... DO NOT CAVE TO THE BACON. Such horrible pain that even the taste of bacon could not make it worth it. Stay away!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. My upper back is sore ALL the time.
    2. I have started making myself sundaes every night. Not a good idea but I'm giving into the urge.
    3. My sister has been sick and I'm worried about her.
    4. I've been irritated whenever my DH complains about, well, anything since I feel like being pregnant trumps nearly everything.
    5. It's my birthday on Saturday and I'm really grateful that I'm not turning another year older and still not pregnant.
    6. I just came from a work lunch where they ran out of food and I didn't even feel guilty eating my lunch in front of others, since, hey, I'm growing a baby.
    7. I cannot recall it ever being this cold this late in the winter, and I've lived in Minnesota almost my whole life.
    8. This winter is making everyone really grumpy. Especially my DH.
    9. I'm already daydreaming about watching the last hour of Downton Abbey and eating my nightly sundae tonight.
    10. I'm starting to freak out about giving birth. I'm procrastinating starting my hypnobabies program because I'm lazy.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1. This is my first time doing 10 things!  
    2.  Feeling very sleepy and can't concentrate at work this afternoon.  Come on 3:20 bell!!
    3.  I have the 2nd of 4 baby classes tonight and am not looking forward to it.  The 1st one last      week wasn't very good.  
    4. One of my students told me that I looked like I was going to pop.  Great!!
    5.  Have been in a funk lately, I think it's the weather!  Really need a vacation, but know that is not going to happen until after the baby!
    6.  The weather is driving me crazy, they reported that the cold is going to last for at least another 10 days and there may be more snow too.  
    7.  Feeling very stiff lately, especially my neck and back.
    8.  I am frustrated with my school, they are requiring me to 95% FAFSA completion with my seniors. I am at almost 90% and I think that is pretty good since I am the only counselor.  The last few parents refuse to to do it.  What else can I do if they refuse??  But school doesn't care, just get your 95%!
    9.  Trying to plan a big family trip this September.  I am doing tons of research on road trips with babies!  Most of it sounds positive!
    10.  Need to stop eating out.  We have went out a lot lately!       

• Options
    IBackBevo said:
    JessElam said:
    5. My middle sister is due any day now. 6. She doesn't have her bag packed yet (she lives about an hour from hospital) and didn't take a birthing class. This makes the planner in me go slightly crazy. 7. Last night I asked her if she has lost her mucus plug yet. He response was "I don't know. How would I know if I did?" 8. Exactly why I recommended that she take some kind of class!
    This would make me stabby, too. I don't understand how people can know so little about their own bodies.

To be fair, I took a birthing class and had no idea what the hell a mucus plug was going to look like if it fell out until it fell out while in L&D. Then I figured it out pretty quickly! I had an "ohhh" moment lol
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    One of the prevailing themes seem to be DH's....are they just all being extra grumpy lately or are we just extra sensitive?  I fell like mine is being a giant, whiney, man-baby and I am so.f'in.sick.of.it. 

• Options

1.  I got to look at 3000 year old beetle elytra (wing covers) today.  Absolutely beautiful!

2.  My colleague who has issues with stepping on my toes and thinking he is my boss has struck again...that is two days out of three.  Lucky me, eh?

3.  My afternoon boundary setting email set him straight...well straight enough for a kind of sort of apology.  (Mama Bear hormones are to thank here.)

4.  I am hungry.  Always.

5.  My boobs rest on my belly now.  It makes me feel like buddha.

6.  Gave hubby my leftovers for lunch today and need to go out on the hunt for something delicious to eat...soon.

7.  People tell me I am "small" when they hear I am pregnant with twins and almost to 6 months.  You know what my response is?  I do not feel small...try carrying this around for a little while damn it!

8.  I think Juan Pablo is product placement whore...what is with all the m&m ads?

9.  I wish the nursery was painted, so I could start in on decorating. 

10.  Baby B just kicked me; she needs lunch too.  I think I hear Costa Vida calling my name.  I am addicted to their chicken tortilla soup.

• Options

stina76 - I love to hear positive things about babies and roadtrips...we are hoping for one this summer after the LOs arrive too.  What websites have you found helpful?

mary97 - I always want another shamrock shake...I am an addict.

Regarding all the tired speak...I realized that my maternity leave will be the only "break" from work I have had in such a long time that I am almost embarassed to admit it.  Tired...hell yes.  I can't wait to be at home with my girls this summer!

• Options
    1)  This baby has had a major dance party today.

2) Said dance party has also been accompanied by lots of achy hips, bruised pelvis feeling, and crampy feelings.  I can barely move.

3) I'm grateful my toddler has decided to be kind to me the last couple of days and not made me move around a ton.

4)  We have people coming over tonight for a quick visit, and I haven't done a dang thing to clean up.  Stupid toys all over the place.

5)  I looked at my GTT result numbers and laughed when I realized how low they really were.  When my OB said "totally normal" she meant it.

6)  I'm glad it's been super nice weather lately, I feel like a normal person because I can go outside and let DS1 play while I sit on a blanket.

7)  Because of said nice weather, we're going to the zoo tomorrow. Hopefully the weather keeps up its cooperation.

8)  I really need to go grocery shopping.

9)  I'll be getting raspberry dark chocolate ice cream at the store tonight, and I'll be plopping myself on the couch to watch My 600-lb Life on TLC with no shame.

10)  DH is getting a stress cold, and it's making life difficult.  I really hope it doesn't last long.
  • Options

1.  Passed my 1 hr glucose test.  Yay!

2. Had my 28 wk appt today and everything is good.  So far this pregnancy is by the book (knock on wood).

3.  The baby moving is no longer cute at 3am.

4. The invites for my shower went out which means gifts are starting to arrive.

5. Which also means I'm checking my registery every 5 minutes!

6. My friend who was due about 6 weeks before me with twins just had them today.  They are healthy.  But it freaked me out.

7. Another friend is lending me her breast pump. It scares me and makes me feel like a milking machine.

8. Whoever said there is a theme with DHs this week is right.

9. I have a new temp job that I'm grateful for, but it's killing.

10. I haven't told them yet that I'm preggers.  I'm wearing clothes that disguise it pretty well. It won't interfere with the job, just haven't gotten around to it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1. This is my first ten things!
    2. I get to take the 3hr glucose test on Friday, thrilling. I am currently on this 'carb loading' diet for this test and I am not enjoying it.
    3. Ironically, I failed my 1hr and now having issues of hypoglycemia (sugars in the 50s)
    4. I pulled a muscle in my abs just getting out of bed. It's embarrassing and hurts like a mother.
    5. My maternity photos were taken this weekend and turned out really nice.
    6. I get to celebrate my nephew's baptism this weekend.
    7. Unfortunately above event means I also have to spend the weekend with my ILs.
    8. The post about Oreos caused me to buy two packages.
    9. I ate an entire row of Oreos tonight.
    10. I wish I could actually sleep more than 3 hours at a time.
  • Options
    1. Eating Eggs and Sausage for dinner.. not cause breakfast food is good any time of the day (cause it is) but cause im a poor lil gal!

2. DH started his full time job yesterday, so maybe in two weeks I wont be so poor! haha

3. 3 hour glucose test on Friday...

4. Failed by 1 hour by more then 20 points.. ugh

5. My ribs have a crushing feeling on them... no position is comfy enough to satisfy the pain and Tylenol wont work!

6. I sleep during the day now.. not getting to sleep till after 6am and waking up every hour cause my ribs!

7. I want a 3d U/S of baby girl but I think they are so creepy!

8. No pants or jeans fit so I live in sweat pants.. even in public.. i look like sucha slob! Cant wait till I can wear my dresses!

9. The baby was so calm all day long until DH got home and started talking to me... She started kicking like crazy as soon as she heard his voice.

10. Im so behind on getting things for this baby... no crib or anything yet! or any essential stuff... I do have a nice nifty swing though but she cant really live in a swing haha

BabyName Tickerphoto 75ef5a71-68f7-493a-9994-4a2f39b863ae_zps6e964811.jpg
    ~*March Siggy Challenge-Favorite Dr. Suess Book*~
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    ArmyMedic7588ArmyMedic7588 member
    edited February 2014
    1. Started birth classes on Monday!! I was excited... DH hates classes of any kinda but was such a good sport (I love him for things like that!)
    2. I ordered the dress I wanna wear for my shower/a wedding I have to attend (and DH is the best man) 9 DAYS before due date... they sent me back an email saying it's no longer in stock :( had to pick a different one after it took me forever to pick that one!! UGH!
    3. The doggy is snoring next to me and is so cute... I love her
    4. I'm craving fruit and although I ate a grapefruit (knowing my heartburn will only be worse later, oh well) I'm still craving fruit. DAMNIT!
    5. DH put the crib together last night!! So happy to walk past the nursery and see a crib in there!!
    6. Just set up my appt to have my taxes done, I've procrastinated this year more than usual.
    7. The last company I served with is leaving next week for Germany... I decided to transfer to a different company last June cause we were never gonna go anywhere or be deployed in that company. Now battalion is deploying and they go to Germany... WTF jealous! I wanna go to Germany!!
    8. I can't believe some days how supportive and amazing DH has been throughout this pregnancy. I'm a very lucky girl.
    9. I really want to go to the grocery store to get snacks/fruit/whatever I've been craving lately but way too lazy to put some real clothes on and be in public. And driving hurts my back lately... maybe DH will be willing to go with me later.
    10. Maybe a good spoonful of Nutella and a glass of chocolate milk will satisfy my craving!! Yes I know it's not fruit... but chocolate fixes everything!

ETA: uhh cause I JUST realized it's Wednesday not Tuesday. My B ladies!!

**Lighting a candle in memory of our angel babies and angel mama in heaven from May'14**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"