June 2013 Moms
Options

Teeth Grinding

Is anyone's LO rubbing their teeth together? What have you done to get them to stop? We have 2 top teeth and 1 bottom tooth and it is THE most annoying sound ever!

Re: Teeth Grinding

• Options
    YES. R was doing it constantly while the top 2 were breaking through. I couldn't get him to stop, but he seems to have slowed down, if not stopped altogether since they're completely down. Holy mother it was nails on a chalkboard though :((

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• Options
    Thanks! I'll try giving him a teething ring. Hope it doesn't last long!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MufflerloveMufflerlove member
    edited February 2014
    Ours didn't last long. A week maybe. Now it's just occasional. Getting used to their teeth. My research suggested there's nothing you can do though lol
  • Options
    LO did this for a couple days before he seemed to lose interest in it.  Who can blame them, really - they've got these cool new things in their mouth that they can do cool new things with!  Like PPs have said, I'm sure the novelty just has to wear off!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Options
    Ds1- 3 yrs- did it and still does sometimes. It drives me crazy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

LO doesn't have teeth but my 5 year old still does occasionally in his sleep. The sound drives me nuts but his dentist said he would grow out of it, and if not then we would approach a solution once he starts losing his baby teeth.

@GiggleJiggle When his permanent teeth come in, get him to the dentist quick and maybe an allergist. I ground through 3 football guards (it's what they recommended at the time) before they got me allergy tested at 8ish. I ground all of the ridges off of my teeth and could have broke them. Once the found out I was allergic to corn and removed it from my diet, the grinding stopped. I had braces and that caused me to clench instead of grind after eating corn.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"