Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Swaddle sack weaning

My 4 month old has been sleeping through the night great in his swaddle sleep sack.  Last week he got his vaccines and he's been waking up breaking through his swaddle over and over at night but goes right to sleep in it initially.  He used to only break out about once a night.  I've tried leaving his arms out of the swaddle and his arms flail around and he knocks his paci out and cries.  After his first immunizations he went through a few nights where he was up and it went away.  This time it's been five nights.  I've tried just swaddling one arm and that doesn't really help much b/c he still knocks the paci out.  He is rolling some.  So the Magic Merlin Sleep Sack isn't an option for me.  I'm seeing some posts about 4 month sleep regression.  Didn't really know about that.  He's also got his fist in his mouth constantly and lots of drool.  Therefore, I'm assuming he's starting to teethe a bit.  Any suggestions?

Re: Swaddle sack weaning

• Options
    He's rolled once from tummy to back.  So I didn't want to buy the MMSS.  He doesn't try to roll or move except for his hands in the swaddle. 
  • Options
    Have you tired just putting him in a regular sleeper sack? my LO is 3.5months and he does fine with just having his arms out/feet in sack. I took him out of the swaddle because he kept breaking out of them. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are trying to transition out of the swaddle because she just started rolling over.  We put her in the swaddle, but VERY loose so that she can wiggle her arms out when she wants to.  For the past few days, she has one arm free when we go to get her in the AM.  We are going to try going cold turkey, no swaddle, this weekend and see what happens!  Good luck with your LO.
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"