Baby Showers

Where to register?

My MIL will be hosting a baby shower for us and asked me to let her know where we will be registered. I've been working on our registry at BRU. She recommended I do one other one. Which other would you suggest? TIA for your input ladies :)

Re: Where to register?

• Places like Target or Walmart are usually good because they're easily accessible for your guests and have items in a range of prices. But you don't have to register somewhere else if you don't want to.
  • I would only register somewhere else if you want to. I find it harder to track what people want/need when there is more than 1 registry. BRU is pretty universal, I can't imagine people would have trouble shopping there, unless you live in the middle of nowhere. That said, I registered at BRU and target, b/c I chose my crib bedding and nursery decor from target.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you :)@Bliss+Berry and @mjberube89 :) Yes, there are several BRU where guests can shop at. Our shower will be in WA but we live in CO -moved here in 2012.
    We are thinking that some guests shopping online will choose to ship their gifts if it 's an item that offers free shipping. But if not, we will ship everything as my hubby gets a really good discount with FedEx.
    I opted for no buyer protection at the time of registering and now that you mentioned will check on the gift cards denomination.
    I have mostly included stuff that if we don't get we will be buying anyways. I haven't included much clothing though and that's where my MIL's suggestion came from. She said she heard you can do a wish list at Carter's and have your guests shop there too. But honestly I don't know if that's an option.
    I haven't attended a baby shower in the U.S. and what's ok in my country might not be here. Last thing I want is to be rude or tacky.
    Thank you ladies!
  • Guests who buy baby clothes generally prefer to pick them out, so I wouldn't bother registering for clothes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• we just registered at BRU and if guests bought off registry (which many did) then they usually bought toys, clothes or blankets at a different store. Honestly I think registering at multiple stores is a lot of work (JMO). 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • I appreciate your input ladies! Thank you :)
  • MamaPiersMamaPiers member
    edited February 2014
    I did BRU and Target but wish I did Amazon bc they have great prices and many more reviews. I've had issues w BRU not having products I really want/need available and my shower is coming up. I've had to add alternatives:/. I am plan on buying everything we don't get with the registry discounts, which is nice. I'm team green and didn't register for many clothes just white onesies and neutral pjs so baby has something! ;-)
  • I think Target would be a good choice
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  •  I'm kind of in the same boat. In addition to my amazon, I would like to register to get the discounts, but don't know which store to use.  Who has the best discounts?  Are they worth the effort?
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    Anniversary
  • I did my registry all online through Target. I found it convenient for both people shopping in store and online. Plus getting the coupons and completion discount was nice, too.
  • ChabyChaby member
    I will look into target maybe since we will be ordering our crib on line. Thank you everyone for your advice :)
  • I did BRU and Amazon.
    Me too. Amazon was the best.  So easy.  I hated BRU. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • I started with BRU and moved all my items over to Amazon because they were much cheaper, not to mention, there are only 3 BRU locations in my city and none of them are very convenient for people.

I also did a small Target registry for people who prefer to shop in store, but if you register online, you have to make sure they actually have the items in-store because 90% of their online baby store is online-only.  I remember last minute shopping for a baby shower at Target and ended up having to get a gift card because nothing on their registry was available in-store.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"