December 2013 Moms

NBR UNICEF phone challenge

https://tap.unicefusa.org/mobile

Try it out! For every 10 min you don't touch your phone it provides water for a kid in need. :)

Re: NBR UNICEF phone challenge

• I will do it while its plugged in at night, I tried to find an app for it but I can't find one and I have to just keep logging onto the site you provided. Would be so much easier if I could just push a button. But to give water to kids I will log in the "hard" way. If you found an app please direct me to it. Thanks ladies. 
  • I didn't have to log in - but ya it does drain your battery! Sorry! I should have said plug your phone in while you do it!
  • Loading the player...
  • @cambury108 does uniceftapproject.org work better on mobile?
  • What I meant by logging in is that I have to actually go to the website and then set my device down so its "steady" I was wishing it had an app that I could download and then just with the press of a button walk away. I did find a Uniceft app in my play store on my phone but it only has where you can donate $ and stuff not where you can do the water challenge so I uninstalled it from my phone. I haven't used the uniceftapproject.org I have been using the first link you gave. I will try this new .org address next time I do the water challenge and let you know. I did it last night when I went to "bed" and so I was giving water for 7.8 hours. Made me feel good. I had my phone plugged in the whole time. Woke up to a complete charge. Last night when I was doing it on the couch with a full battery during a 2 hour movie I checked it at the end of my movie and it had a 50% charge. Seems almost like it take a 1% of your charge for every minute you give water. Just my observation. 
  • That's how they get ya! Lol
  • Its OK, as long as I am home with my charger and not busy and needing my phone it makes me feel good to be doing it. As long as they are really giving the water like it says ;)
  • Ha ya hopefully! I guess either way it forces us to "unplug" for awhile!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"