April 2013 Moms
Options

And now a really dumb, random question...

Would you feed your LO homemade beer bread?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: And now a really dumb, random question...

• Options
    If I remember anything about school, the alcohol is evaporated when it is cooked. Which essentially means the alcohol content is about as close to zero as you can get.

So, yeah, I would feed it to him. Although I've never had beer bread before and to be honest, had to look up what it was.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I cook with wine sometimes and I still give some to R.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If I remember anything about school, the alcohol is evaporated when it is cooked. Which essentially means the alcohol content is about as close to zero as you can get.

So, yeah, I would feed it to him. Although I've never had beer bread before and to be honest, had to look up what it was.
    It's delicious! It's a quick bread, so easy to make. Look it up on pinterest or something. The recipe I use is from pinterest.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    arschm02arschm02 member
    edited February 2014
    I would say the alcohol gets cooked out so why not!? Yum. Pass it down this way!
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Options

Yes, this -- alcohol basically just turns into sugar when applied to heat (ie, carmelizes).

Beer bread is awesome. I was just thinking of making some later this week to go with the beef stew we're having for dinner!  

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My older son loves these bourbon cookies from a bakery near by. Lol. I think it's ok.
  • Options
    Fo sho. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"