May 2013 Moms
Options

Umbrella Stroller Help again!!

ALP514ALP514 member
edited February 2014 in May 2013 Moms
A few months back I was on the search for an umbrella stroller. I got frustrated cause I couldn't find what I needed so I stopped looking. Now that the weather is getting nicer I need a good reliable umbrella stroller. My travel system is just to big and bulky. 

Right now my choices are the bumbleride flite, the Uppa baby G-Luxe, and the Maclaren Quest

I saw the G-Luxe and I did like it , especially the sun canopy but I wasn't blown away. I can't find the bumbleride flite at my local buy buy baby so I have only seen it online but fell in love with the style and its features ( that I have read ).

I haven't done much research on the Maclaren yet but we were out to dinner and saw a mother with one and I did love the size of it and the basket didn't seem to bad.

Do any of you have these strollers? What are your pros and cons? 

If you have the bumbleride flite is the storage basket super small?

If you have any other stroller suggestions I am all ears , I just need one asap! TIA

Edited: To add info

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Umbrella Stroller Help again!!

• Options
    I have the Flite and loooove it. It's super light, folds up very "Skinny" so I can lay it across the trunk and push it all the way to the seat and still basically have my whole trunk space. I have it in Aqua and get tons of compliments. Right now it's mostly with my parents because they have him during the day. My 70 year old dad, who has knee and shoulder problems takes him for walks everyday in it. This is a man who can't figure out the remote control or a cell phone but can fold and unfold the stroller. We were between those two but DH didn't like the g luxe, it felt less sturdy. We also have the Indie jogger and the snack tray and attachments can go on both.

Only negative is when it folds just be careful the wheels don't touch the canopy. I read the reviews and saw that. Now I just make sure I fold the canopy back or just keep an old plastic grocery bag and will cover the wheels if they got muddy. No biggie. Other things that don't bother me but others may is that it doesn't have a big storage basket and the one it has is only accessible from the front. Now I have a jogger so if I need something big id use that. I specifically wanted something small and light. Also, it has two handles verses the push bar. I really wanted that because I can hang the diaper bag off them. Also having two handles means it can fold width wise and in my car so much better. It also doesn't stand up on its own but I've never really been in a position where I needed that. I guess some people do.
  • Options
    @emmy236 I am in love with the aqua color. I feel like it can go for both boys and girls. I've read so many mixed reviews which is why I haven't ordered it yet. Since I cant find it to see it in person I am a little nervous.

When you say ; Not standing up on its own, do you mean while folded? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have an uppababy glite and LOVE it!! Tall handle bars, only weighs 8.8lb, folds tiny, great sun shade. Basket is tiny though.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    Yes sorry, I meant when folded up you have to lean it against the wall or let it lay on the floor. That was a review that people said was a negative, it's totally fine when opened. I can also have my diaper bag hanging off the handle bars and no baby in the seat and it will still stay up. The reviews I read that we're negative were from people who really wanted more of like a CityMini or something larger. If you need a big storage basket you don't want a light umbrella.

In response to jesse, the g luxe handle bars are not that high. DH is 6'7+ and he said the Flite is much better in terms of height. Granted most people aren't that tall but it's why we went to that brand because the Indie was the only jogger with a handle bar that adjusted high enough for DH. I'm only 5'7 so either were fine for me.
  • Options
    I have a
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    After testing the Quest and GLuxe today I am leaning towards the bumbleride but I am so upset I cant find a store that has it in stock!! I don't want to order it and be disappointed ugh.

@Fmrafbrat the bump ate your comment!!

• Options
    emmy236emmy236 member
    edited February 2014
    @KatieCGC

Yes it should be tall enough. I asked DH and at 6'7 1/2 it was he only one that can could push comfortably. He also has super long arms (7'1 wing span) so that does help. He said if your DH has decently long arms he should be fine. For you I know it would work. Both MIL and SIL are over 6 feet and have no problem.

Edit: we ordered ours from Buy Buy baby. It was free shipping because they didn't have it in the store. At least if for some reason you don't like it, it's easy to return
  • Options
    Sorry. I have a G-Luxe and love it. It's sunshade and compact fold are wonderful. That being said if I were in the market for a single lightweight stroller today I would get a Valco Snap....it weighs the same as the g-luxe. I have the double and it is way easier to use (one step open & close) than the G-Luxe, has an amazing basket, cleans easier, and pushes 1 handed. It's taller too. You can also get a rider board for it if you have a second baby (& car seat adaptable for 14 lurkers). Valco Baby has the silver color on clearance for under $200 on their website. I got the double off of Amazon bc I am on Amazon Mom & get free returns, but sadly the only Valco you will find at BBB in store is the Zee.

Another umbrella to look at is the Joovy Groove ultralight.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    I have an uppababy glite and it's seriously awesome. We have had a lot of strollers over the years and it has by far been the best. We've had it since DS1 was tiny and it's still amazing. It is SO light and so easy to open/close.
    Brady (7.15.10) and Nolan (5.11.13)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"