TTC after 35
Options

Can I join you? (child mentioned-siggy warning)

I hope I have chosen a suitable board- I seem to fit into lots of the different groups..

As for my introduction, I am a 41 (just) old expat living in the US and married to DH who is 48. We do have one child, and then suffered a loss in Aug 2011. I found it devastating and have yet to put it behind me I feel. In recent months we have found a well known fertility clinic (and expensive) and have self funded 2 IUI treatments- which have both been unsuccessful.

Now is the crunch time- do we a)... cut our losses.. and be so very grateful for what we have... b)try for another IUI.. or c) try IVF... it's only money right?

Don't worry- I am not expecting any answers- just would love to hear from other like minded people... I have found this a very lonely journey- not least being away from family and friends, but also having (luckily) no other friends in a similar situation..

would also be interested if anyone has had counseling during their journey and whether they have found it useful..

thanks for listening

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Can I join you? (child mentioned-siggy warning)

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss and struggle. I have no words of advice but welcome to this board I hope you find it helpful and supportive.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss and your loneliness, @Karen1973

I am also rather new here. I know that you will find this board a warm and supportive community. I hope that you come to a decision that gives you peace. Sending a welcome hug.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

Sorry for your loss and tough journey. All of us can relate on some level to your pain.  I just wanted to wish you a welcome to the board and let you know that I'm sure you will find the ladies here very helpful and supportive.

Your questions were probably more rhetorical than actually wanting a response, however if it were me and I wanted to continue to try for #2 I wouldn't waste time or money on IUIs. The success rates just aren't great and at our AMA, I'm pretty certain it is not the best option.  Good luck with whatever you decide, though.

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
    IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
    IVF #2: Apr '
    14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
    IVF #3: June '14
    Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
    Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

• Options
    Welcome to the board. I hope you find the support you are looking for. We are very supportive so whatever path you choose we will try and help you through it.

I am very sorry for your loss. Unfortunately most if us understand how you are feeling. My loss was one of the hardest things to go through so I get where you are coming from.

If IVF is an option for you and you want the best success rates I would say go that route. Especially if you have a great fertility clinic. But good luck with whatever you choose.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    Welcome.. Feel your pain just getting over my 3 rd loss, after having ds.. I know this board is very supportive. I hope your stay is short and welcome!
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Options
    PrivateOne

So sorry for your loss but welcome to our board!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    Welcome!

Sorry to hear about your loss. So many people hare can relate and you will find much support. 

SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • Options
    Am quite over whelmed by the welcome- thank you so much, it means more than you know. I hope I can also be a support to others as we travel along this road together- again, thank you x
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi and welcome to the board. Sorry about your loss. The group of ladies on here are wonderful! Lots of support :)

I tried counseling twice with 2 different people and didn't last long...just didnt click. I just started with someone new and only had 2 sessions so far. I cancelled rest for time being. I would rather talk on here than with a therapist! Lol. I will go back when needed :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    I'm a little late to the party, but welcome to the board! I'm sorry for your loss. I hope the board will be a positive resource/outlet for you (it already has for me, and I'm fairly new). I also hope that you will be able to come up with a plan if action that sets your mind at ease.
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"